Need Help...O-A visa bank statements...

Hi All...i am just now completing my O-A visa application and have a question about the 800k baht equivalent in my bank account...does the money need to "seasoned" for 2 months before the application submittal or just show that amount from a bank statement within the last 2 months...help would be greatly appreciated as i want to get back to my wife and daughter asap...

Cheers

The original visa application in your home country can be a local bank.  But once you are in Thailand and want to do an extension the money must be in a Thai bank account with your name only on it.  For the O-A you have to leave 800k in the bank 2 months before and 3 months after your extension.  Then have to leave 400K in the account the rest of the year.  So you have to have 400K you can never touch all the time.  

• Like 2

Well, i have just received a reply to my enquiry to Thai Embassy NZ...800kbaht($NZ40k) needs to be shown on the bank statement for the past 2 months...in other words "seasoned" for 2 months...

For my past O-A visas the money only needed to be in the bank on the day of the application...oh well, now i need to wait another 2 months until i can finally be with my family again????????

Cant you come on an 90 day O visa which is easier to obtain and preferable in terms of insurance requirements to the OA, unless u want to in-out Thailand for a year and then re-enter for a 2nd year. Also cant you enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt and apply for whichever retirement visa from within Thailand?

28 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Cant you come on an 90 day O visa which is easier to obtain and preferable in terms of insurance requirements to the OA, unless u want to in-out Thailand for a year and then re-enter for a 2nd year. Also cant you enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt and apply for whichever retirement visa from within Thailand?

Yes, that's what i'm looking at doing now...i wonder if i can arrive of 30 day visa exempt and convert a marriage visa easily??

43 minutes ago, NZAMBOY said:

Yes, that's what i'm looking at doing now...i wonder if i can arrive of 30 day visa exempt and convert a marriage visa easily??

Sounds like to me that you are giving up too easily and making excuses not to come. You have many options. (1) Despite what you think you have been told, your money only needs to be in your NZ bank account when you apply for the OA, this is the rule, no seasoning required. (2) You can enter on a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended by 30 days or converted into an extension of stay. (3) You can apply for a Non O based on marriage or retirement 90 days. This can be converted into an extension of stay for 12 months with  money in a Thai bank. You can also extend by 60 days, visit Thai wife, if a marriage extension. (4) You can apply for a Tourist Visa 60 days that can be extended by 30 days. Just get your backside in gear and stop accepting defeat at the first hurdle. 

What was stopping you coming before now? Was it restrictions from NZ, it surely cannot have been Thailand, I have been in and out twice now.

19 minutes ago, jimn said:

Sounds like to me that you are giving up too easily and making excuses not to come. You have many options. (1) Despite what you think you have been told, your money only needs to be in your NZ bank account when you apply for the OA, this is the rule, no seasoning required. (2) You can enter on a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended by 30 days or converted into an extension of stay. (3) You can apply for a Non O based on marriage or retirement 90 days. This can be converted into an extension of stay for 12 months with  money in a Thai bank. You can also extend by 60 days, visit Thai wife, if a marriage extension. (4) You can apply for a Tourist Visa 60 days that can be extended by 30 days. Just get your backside in gear and stop accepting defeat at the first hurdle. 

What was stopping you coming before now? Was it restrictions from NZ, it surely cannot have been Thailand, I have been in and out twice now.

Ok, i know it seems pretty lame of me, but at this stage of life i just hate jumping thru hurtles, so i'm guilty as charged☹️

as far as "this is the rule", have you every tried to argue with an embassy bureaucrat??...that's a "road to nowhere" in my experience...so i've given up on that approach, but i'll know for the next go around...in the meantime, i am looking at the other options you have mentioned...

by the way, i really appreciate your "boot in the butt" approach...

cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NZAMBOY said:

You can enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration based upon marriage to a Thai or retirement.

Then you can apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay from the visa.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration based upon marriage to a Thai or retirement.

Then you can apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay from the visa.

Thanks for that????