very odd Speed Test

ignis

On 1/25/2022 at 12:34 PM, ignis said:

try another speed test website?

Yes can do no problem, but with replies here, have moved on to my IP address keeps changing, + PC can be turn off and Router cable unplugged, but the 5G Wi-Fi will still go off to another Country.

some months ago there was a problem in the Village with everyone's [all different providers] Internet..

Turned out the wooden poles had been replaced, 13 km are now all concrete poles. + someone so we were told  had tried to cut out the old cables and tidy up, so some Live cables were missing others connected the wrong wires, and not just this Village......  

Just find it is odd the way things are done here, New Company = another new line = a jumble up mess of old line + Live new cables all on poles.

Just wondered if this had something to do with the problem,  friends further up the Village are on TOT Fibre and have no end of problems [still on going]

Should you have a static IP address?  I pay extra to have one.  

Sounds like you are connected to the Tor Network somehow, bouncing off servers around the world, but you are not.

Is this your own connection?  Do you pay the bill, directly to the company?  

When you run a speed test on your phone, does the same thing happen?  

3 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Should you have a static IP address?  I pay extra to have one.  

Sounds like you are connected to the Tor Network somehow, bouncing off servers around the world, but you are not.

Is this your own connection?  Do you pay the bill, directly to the company?  

When you run a speed test on your phone, does the same thing happen?  

Pay direct to AIS, Contract ends April, so maybe will change back to True....

Real problem is with the TV both on PC connected and on my Android 9 Box 5G Wi-Fi

but also like yesterday could not sign-in to Lazada, so went to https://www.bigc.co.th/  = Forbidden !! so check my IP was New York

4 minutes ago, ignis said:

Pay direct to AIS, Contract ends April, so maybe will change back to True....

Real problem is with the TV both on PC connected and on my Android 9 Box 5G Wi-Fi

but also like yesterday could not sign-in to Lazada, so went to https://www.bigc.co.th/  = Forbidden !! so check my IP was New York

Have you manually changed your DNS server, maybe to something like 1.1.1.1 which is Cloudflare, and faster?

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, recom273 said:

It may not be called the ISP team, but there is the equivalent for AIS ( I use 3BB ) I just request a callback from the team. The same guy has always called me back, he can speak English and he's always really helpful. It might not be the same day, If you have an issue at specific times then he will organize his time, they can run tests on their end, logs can be checked if necessary and if need be log into your machine remotely with anydesk or teamviewer. 

So to up date,  the AIS Team remotely monitored my Connection for a week, then phoned and said they had fixed many problems and hopefully the IPS address would now stay in Thailand.....

In the past 9 days they have phoned 3 times to check...........  now 3 weeks and appears all is now fine, always can connect to Thai sites + my TV programmes have never stopped working .....  4 months of hell now fixed

Many thanks [call the AIS ISP Team]   no idea what the problem was, but is now fine again

• Like 2