Returning to the UK - which test ?

persimmon

Now travellers need a negative Covid test 48 hrs before travelling . Doesn`t have to be PCR , can be Antigen LF which should be cheaper . These are self testing , but I assume it will require a certificate and QR code to be accepted . Any idea if this sort of thing is widely available in Patts , or would it be better to buy a kit in the UK and self test and send the result via smartphone ?

Thanks 

5 hours ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

In order to board an international flight out of Thailand you will need to show a RT-PCR test not older then 48 hours. Antigen wont cut it

That is not neccessarily correct as it depends where you are going. I flew last Friday from BKK to LHR with Thai Airways. The UK government requires either LFD/ATK or PCR test. I used LFD/ATK which is cheaper and there was no problem. Must be done in the 2 days before travel. Info here.

Edited by soi3eddie

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

That is not neccessarily correct as it depends where you are going. I flew last Friday from BKK to LHR with Thai Airways. The UK government requires either LFD/ATK or PCR test. I used LFD/ATK which is cheaper and there was no problem. Must be done in the 2 days before travel. Info here.

What do you do with the antigen test once it's negative,?how to you show proof at the airport.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lanng khao said:

What do you do with the antigen test once it's negative,?how to you show proof at the airport.

I went to the hospital in Yasothon they did the Antigen test and gave me a print out of test result and a form that says I am free from Covid etc…  cost 750 

you will probably find a clinic nearby that does the same.

• Like 1

Got an Antigen test in CMedclinic at 12.30 Friday...Negative result plus FTF...at 5pm.Saturday down to Bangkok for KLM to Glasgow.on Sun 16th.Had already booked day 2 PCR in Glasgow for the Monday and also had a completed Locator form printed..Docs Checked by Airline..Monday test Negative...So now in my local... drinking coffee...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

In order to board an international flight out of Thailand you will need to show a RT-PCR test not older then 48 hours. Antigen wont cut it

Lol, dont you just love it when you realise you are totally wrong. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, Rinrada said:

Got an Antigen test in CMedclinic at 12.30 Friday...Negative result plus FTF...at 5pm.Saturday down to Bangkok for KLM to Glasgow.on Sun 16th.Had already booked day 2 PCR in Glasgow for the Monday and also had a completed Locator form printed..Docs Checked by Airline..Monday test Negative...So now in my local... drinking coffee...

Did you need a covid passport to show your vaccinated on departure.?or just a paper certificate.

18 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Did you need a covid passport to show your vaccinated on departure.?or just a paper certificate.

Paper certificate given to you after second shot should be ok it has a QR code you can scan with your phone line app etc which will link directly to the Thai governments web site showing your details of vaccination, passport number and dob etc in both English and Thai.

Photograph the QR code to your phone so it can be checked in case the certificate gets damaged or lost.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:24 PM, soi3eddie said:

You cannot do self test. It must be done at a proper clinic who will supply test results in the format needed. This needs to be shown on check-in or you won't be allowed to board the plane.

Before I arrived in Thailand, I had an Antigen test sent to me, this is a self test which I will complete  before I fly home in January,  it has a Bar code, which then links to  the place I brought it, I will then take a photo of the test, and I will receive  a certificate with in 12 hours.

So self test are allowed, bearing in mind I will also have to take a PCR test on arrival in England.

12 hours ago, lanng khao said:

KLM were more concerned that I had a completed Location approval certificate from UK gov.since you need it to prove that you are "accepted for entry"Showed check in lady my yellow pp..fit to fly..with the antigen..result anyway ...and she just smiled and said...dee mak..ka...