Mum thanks blood donor after daughter is bitten by pit viper

webfact

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Very few snakes that I’d kill on sight if I saw it in the garden but the Malayan pit viper is definitely one of them. The length of their fangs is quite terrifying.

There is absolutely no need to kill it! Get a proper snake hook, the kind that has jaws you can close with the handle, grab it, put it in a box, drive it away from your home and release it. If you do it the right way there’s zero chance of you getting bitten. You can’t watch videos on YouTube on how to do it. Alternatively you can call snake catchers and they’ll do it for you. The Malayan Pit Viper isn’t any more dangerous than any other type of venomous snake when it comes to handling it and yes, vipers in general have the largest fangs, the Gaboon Viper taking the cake with 2 inches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

There is absolutely no need to kill it! Get a proper snake hook, the kind that has jaws you can close with the handle, grab it, put it in a box, drive it away from your home and release it. If you do it the right way there’s zero chance of you getting bitten. You can’t watch videos on YouTube on how to do it. Alternatively you can call snake catchers and they’ll do it for you. The Malayan Pit Viper isn’t any more dangerous than any other type of venomous snake when it comes to handling it and yes, vipers in general have the largest fangs, the Gaboon Viper taking the cake with 2 inches. 

You have a good point, not about trying to catch it myself though, but yes, should just call Por Tek Tung, they remove snakes for free,  but obviously  gave a tip last time when a juvenile cobra turned up in the garden 

• Like 1