Female Thai Student Assaulted, Robbed in US

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Believe me.. In New York City, those thugs are not discriminate among who they rob.  Race, Gender or Religious affiliation has no bearing at all.   

No, they go after who looks the weakest being the cowards they are.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Believe me.. In New York City, those thugs are not discriminate among who they rob.  Race, Gender or Religious affiliation has no bearing at all.   

No, they go after those who look the weakest being the cowards they are.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I'm discussing violent  crime everyday on subway only. An increase has nothing to do with EVERYDAY violent crime on subways. Man!! It's increasing from a low level. So what. Many articles I know just talk about October. Just like this one. My quote was from a very similar article. Violent crime everyday on the NYC subway system is still rare. Stealing a cell phone is hardly violent. These stories get headlines because they don't happen everyday. If it's just a little violent you will even see it in the daily news. Because it's rare. You are def not in NYC a lot. 

NYPD recorded 40 robberies, 85 grand larcenies and 34 felony assaults across the MTA’s 472 subway stations in October, according to figures to be shared at "Monday’s MTA board committee meetings — down, respectively, from 52, 96 and 36 during the previous month.

Overall, October saw 161 major felonies on the underground rail network — compared to 184 last month and 154 in October 2020. Meanwhile, felony assault in the subways has stayed steady after a frightening headline-generating surge in May."

There is less chance of getting your home robbed if you travel on the underground:

This particular quote is from the same article you shared:

"According to my analysis, any single rider faces greater risk of becoming a victim of a violent felony, as opposed to a property-theft felony"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As a white man, I've never felt free to go where I want, when I want, and wear what I want.

And that was just around Shepherd's Bush, Hammersmith, Brixton and White City.

When I lived in London a group of 3 of us went to see Eminem at Brixton Academy in London with Dr. Dre. We left there around midnight to get on the tube, it was not the most pleasant experience even for a group of 3 guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

When I lived in London a group of 3 of us went to see Eminem at Brixton Academy in London with Dr. Dre. We left there around midnight to get on the tube, it was not the most pleasant experience even for a group of 3 guys.

My pal is stage manager of Brixton Accademy seen some great bands over the years 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it reported that this happened at 4am and that she was wearing a short skirt?

She was on her way home to Queens after seeing Daboyway, a Thai American rapper, in concert. At about 4 a.m., she was grabbed from behind in a chokehold, dragged along the northbound platform servicing the D, F, N and Q lines, thrown to the ground, punched in the face and robbed of her purse at the 34th Street Herald Square station.

https://news.yahoo.com/lucky-alive-nypd-looking-suspect-230907503.html and elsewhere if you can be bothered to look.

So no mention of it in the OP which is all that is relevant to this my comment in this thread.  Why would I be bothered looking elsewhere for more details?   

No mention of her wearing a short skirt in that link, either.

13 hours ago, sambum said:

And this warrants headline news?

It's news and may be of interest to people in Thailand for very obvious reasons, nowhere was it stated to be "headline news", whatever that is.  What is "headline news", doesn't all news have a headline in print or online?

If it's not important enough for you, you don't have to read it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:
10 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Let me close my eyes and guess the ethnicity of the thug.

Aaaand bingo!

Let me close my eyes and guess if you are are racist..................aaaaand bingo!!

Whether he is a racist or not is irrelevant,  he was right!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

UPDATE:

Thai woman in New York appeals for tip offs to police on a mugger who sexually assaulted her

by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

thai-woman-sexually-assaulted-by-US-mugger.jpg.6ba2f12fb073e4fe3301640e5cca9edd.jpg

(Left) 23-year-old Bew or Ms Jirajariyawetch from police photographs which were taken in the aftermath of the horrific attack which she suffered in the early hours of Monday, November 22nd last after she was assaulted by a man at the 34th Street Herald Square subway station in New York. (Inset lower right) The attacker escaped by jumping over turnstiles at the station. (Top right) A picture of Ms Jirajariyawetch, a fashion model who emigrated to the United States this summer.

A lawyer for Ms Jirajariyawetch said his client was left traumatised by the incident which occurred in the early hours of November 22nd last and which has been linked to a 500% rise in attacks on Asian Americans in the United States this year.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1243370-update-brutal-attack-on-thai-woman-investigated-by-nypd/