90 Day Online Report (New System) Successful

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

i think you will be waiting a long time for all offices to be reported as 90% successful

Noted. Maybe we'll hold a party at 50%?

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The important thing is that people are able to submit a online report when they could not do it before.

If you say so.

Baby steps.

I would think the "important thing" would be to be able to file a report and receive a next report date slip back. But, hey, I'm demanding.

Other than the instantaneous rejection, which was actually definitive - you knew where you stood in seconds and could plan accordingly, I'm not sensing much difference here. Hopefully I'm wrong, I often am.

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Other than the instantaneous rejection, which was actually definitive - you knew where you stood in seconds and could plan accordingly, I'm not sensing much difference here. Hopefully I'm wrong, I often am.

Not being able to even get to the point of being able to apply for a report is a system error and appears to be office related for most people that is now eliminated on the new one. The worst one is the overstay error that has appeared for some people after doing a extension.

I thinki if the people that got the rejection after submitting the report would reply back and answer a few questions about when their report was due and etc it would be clearer.

It took over 5 and half years before I was able to do a online report due to an old entry and a new passport. Then last year I tried one more time and got onto the site to do the report and got auto approval of it.

Update on 90 day online …

I waited almost a week to receive 90 day approval online and so went to file in person.  
As soon as I did I got an email that night saying my online was done and approved.  And a pdf copy was attached to the email.

So it worked but very slowly.  You need to give it 7 days to turn around.  Plan accordingly and start 15 days befor deadline.

Edited by wmccpa112253

50 minutes ago, wmccpa112253 said:

Update on 90 day online …

I waited almost a week to receive 90 day approval online and so went to file in person.  
As soon as I did I got an email that night saying my online was done and approved.  And a pdf copy was attached to the email.

So it worked but very slowly.  You need to give it 7 days to turn around.  Plan accordingly and start 15 days befor deadline.

Office?

On 12/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

You did the application one day early the way immigration counters the 15 days. They include the report date in the 15 days.

I was using the app to doo a report and the system would not let me report by counting 15 day before the report date. I got the message that I was not witching the reporting window. Did it the next day and it worked. I just use 2 week before the report date now.

Also you have remember that immigration does not work every day. As of today it has only been 5 business days since you submitted  the report.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:41 PM, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for your report

This to me is significant as you previously had rejection.

So hopefully this is positive going forward.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:42 AM, sqwakvfr said:

New system appears better than the old one:

Submitted: 0945

Approved: 1550

Now I do not need to go to Immigration.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

The important thing is that people are able to submit a online report when they could not do it before. There have been reports of rejected reports with no reason given. Those could be for various reason and that includes a report not being within the window for reporting.

i think you will be waiting a long time for all offices to be reported as 90% successful since there's at least one in every province now.

If you are one of those that have not been able to submit a report you should at least try it to find if it works for you now.

Thank you everyone.  My reporting was due on December 20 but when applied on December 5 they acknowledged and approved on Friday December 17.   Also worth mentioning is on the same day as mine Friday December 17 I saw at least five or more postings on Chiang Mai expats Facebook page confirming Chiang Mai immigration office approving their 90 days reporting.   Looks like effective Friday December 17 Chiang Mai immigration office cleared all their back log requests and currently approving them in less than 24 hours.  Yes, Sir ubonjoe they are acknowledging applications before 2 weeks to reporting date. Because they did mine.  Finally per Dr jack 54, yes my application was denied for overstay reasons in the old reporting system app downloaded from Google play website.  Also as you all know that the old system only worked once for the first time and started saying overstay on subsequent requests even though when we made one in person reporting after getting a renewal of the Visa.  To summarize I would say that to those who live hundreds of kilometers away from their immigration office such as Chiang Mai immigration office the new online reporting is a blessing.  To those living in the Chiang Mai city no biggie.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just over a year down the line, I thought, what the heck, give it another go.

Wham! Reported approx. 08:30 this morning, received an instant acknowledgment and only eight hours later I had my successful report flopping out of my printer.

By George, it works! (Phuket)

I think this new system just accepts the information and then if something is wrong they will just reject your application

as opposed to the previous system which seemed to check SOMETHING when submitting as it would reject my application every damn time even with the proper information.

I have not used it yet since I only discovered the new system like 2 days ago and my 90 days was due on the 29th but I am pretty positive that it should work whereas the other previous ones instantly told me to go to the immigration office. I'll follow this and let you guys know if mine goes through in .. about 90 days.