Thai parliament meeting collapses due to lack of quorum

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXYl7ZQ5COxdao26onBljATpVr81SSOSTufUtt.jpg

Friday’s meeting in the Thai parliament was cancelled due to the lack of a quorum, as some opposition MPs boycotted the meeting, or deliberately did not declare their presence, in apparent retaliation against government MPs.

Opposition Pheu Thai MP Julapun Amornvivat told the House that it is the responsibility of the government, not the opposition, to ensure there are enough legislators to make up a quorum in the meeting chamber.

Responding to a proposal for a head count, by Democrat MP Rangsima Rodrasamee, to confirm that there was a quorum at this morning’s session, Pheu Thai MP, Khrumanit Sangphum, reminded Rangsima of the old days when the Democrats were in opposition and employed the same tactic 5-6 times a day.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-parliament-meeting-collapses-due-to-lack-of-quorum/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

he's asking the government to do some  work,  good luck with that, they are a bunch of good for nothing besides filling up their pockets

Might describe what governments are about everywhere...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

The most effective form of government is a non-functioning government. 

I'd be happy to keep every politician and bureaucrat on their present salary and offer annual increases for the rest of their lives. All they have to do is......stay home and do absolutely nothing.

Definitely good idea applicable to US.

13 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'd be happy to keep every politician and bureaucrat on their present salary and offer annual increases for the rest of their lives. All they have to do is......stay home and do absolutely nothing.

They do that now!  They only stir when they scent money or if there is a chance of looking important.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikebell said:

They do that now!  They only stir when they scent money or if there is a chance of looking important.

I respectfully disagree.  They all do something every day - not much I agree, but it's not nothing, and that's why everything is dysfunctional.

Imagine 100,000 bureaucrats making only one ridiculous decision per week for a year.  That's 5.2 Million poor decisions per annum and is an extremely conservative estimate. They all make 50 bad decisions per day, the first one is getting out of bed.

I mean, I would have recommended euthanasia instead but thought that might be going a little too far.................still thinking................

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Friday’s meeting in the Thai parliament was cancelled due to the lack of a quorum, as some opposition MPs boycotted the meeting, or deliberately did not declare their presence, in apparent retaliation against government MPs.

Children at play.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

The most effective government is an authoritarian one. Cleary with the military in control of the House with the ability to collapse a quorum and Senate, that's a very efficient government from a political aspect. 

Just procedures put in place to look like democracy in action. At the end of the day, the government does what the (fill your own term here) wants. The "opposition" also has to look like it's serving a purpose, it's their livelihood. It's all smoke and mirrors. Call me cynical.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

But the unelected soldier posing as a PM and his "government" here in Thailand don't have the brains or education to hide all their corruption like countries with proper democratically elected governments.

Just approached differently. 

Corruption is corruption, even when disguised as democratically proper [whatever that is].