Why Do We Love the new Boris Johnson's Omicron Hairdo? Do you cut your own hair? Or, just let it go fallow, unkempt, and a breeding ground for lice or mice?

GammaGlobulin

My Dear Friends,

During many recent months, I have become increasingly fixated on the Boris' hairdo.

Personally, I cannot get enough of Boris, simply because I find the man both fascinating and also amusing, not to mention rather intelligent, too.  And, might I add, even almost as much bigger than life, like our favorite guy Winston.

I mean, I like guys like this who stand taller than most, intellectually, and who are big enough to stand on a soapbox, too, while providing us with greater cheer than many of those who came before him.  Boris, for sure, in most cases, generally spreads cheer among so many.  When he leans his elbow on the lectern, and spouts off before his peers, I shiver with glee and excitement, usually.

And so, I just want to commend Boris for sporting a hairdo which we all have become accustomed to, in our own houses, which is the hairstyle that says:  I cut my own hair, with my own scissors, once a month, and my hairstyle is whatever it turns out to be.

I have listened to Boris, a few times.

However, the thing I love most about Boris is his amazing hair.

Please do not mistake this comment as being facetious, in any way.

I actually do VERY MUCH enjoy both listening to Boris, and also spending time wondering about his hairstyle.

My hair, and maybe OUR hair, these days, is beginning to look more like the Boris-type hairdo, as this pandemic continues to roll on.

Some things are very serious about this pandemic.

And other things are more lighthearted about this pandemic.

But, one of the things we can count on, and rely on, is that Boris will never change his coiffure, through thick or thin.

Some of us, are not as thick as Boris, but thinner.

Boris, has a good head of hair, still.

How much longer do we think that we will be required to cut our own hair, until we are finally able to live without necessary social distancing?

Everyone has their own thoughts about this.

My guess is that, some of us, including Boris, will never go back to the barbershops...

Instead, in the future, some of you, like I, will continue to cut our own hair, in our bathrooms, and flush the cuttings down the hopper, as we do now.

Pandemics, like great wars, tend to change society, forever.

Best regards,

Glob

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I neglected to mention that, going to my barber, something I last did this past April, is much more than just getting a haircut.

When I go to the barber, her Thai touch is so gentle, and, in truth, is about the only female touch I experienced for many years, after my separation from my GF, back in the year 2000.

I do not care about my hair, so much.

Going to the barber, for me, was predominantly just an opportunity of having a member of the female sex lightly touch the back of my neck with her caring fingers.

Anyone starved for contact, in any form, with a kind woman...I suppose...must agree that this pandemic has robbed us from even this.

And, no doubt, I am sure that barbers understand when their touch is like the touch of lightning for those guys who seldomly have the opportunity to interact with women in this intimate way.

Having a woman cut off something growing from one's head, to my mind, is a very special circumstance, both meaningful and unforgettable.

The pandemic has robbed me of this.

Now, my hair grows rampant, and cutting it is less than satisfying.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

OK, sorry.  Please let me clarify further.

aa.  First, I admire the hairdo sported by Boris; I do.  Not to mention that I actually enjoy listening to Boris talk.  And, I do like his hairstyle, too.  Still, this is not the main point of this post.

bb.  Even more crucial to the point of this observational post of mine is the fact that, due to the pandemic, I have been suddenly and unfairly robbed of social interaction with the many wonderful women I have come to know in Thailand.  I miss them, even more dearly than I miss my monthly haircut.

cc.  Speaking honestly, I am the type of young man who prefers women.  In other words, I spend most of my time thinking about women, from the moment I awake, until the moment I transition into the altered state of consciousness which we call sleep.  And, even then, I often dream about women during my REM sleep.

dd. Most of my female barbers tend to like me.  I do not know why.  Because, the only thing I do in the barber chair is to just sit in front of the mirror with a fan blowing upon me.

Still, I have had so many female barbers contact me asking me to return to their chairs.

I am not that handsome, for sure.

However, I always try to be polite and respectful, and I always try to talk about things which might be interesting to them using my limited Thai language ability.

ee.  Some scientists say that this pandemic might be with us for quite some time.  And if this might be true, then, will my present-day limited contact with the opposite sex last, concomitantly, for years to come?

ff.  By the way, boys....  Here, I am definitely NOT talking about in-and-out, in the Clockwork Orange vocabulary sort of way.

No...

I am just speaking about the reduced opportunity to interact with women, these days, due to social distancing.

Really bums me out.

Even a haircut is beyond the pale, these days.

Are we really discussing the serial liar's haircut? There's nothing new about it, it has always looked as if it was cut using a pair of garden shears while standing behind a 747 that is about to take off.

I'm surprised you got taken in Mr. G, sound bites and spouting phrases in latin that he learnt by rote at school are not an indication of intelligence. He is probably the most dimwitted PM the UK has ever had. His is a government of the inadequate, flipflopping on policy on a daily basis.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The interesting, and also strange, transformation of this truly valuable forum is that it has become one which was once almost completely engrossed with humor for humor's sake, into a much more enlightening place where we can share experiences of heartache and sorrow, and also empathy for others, due to the impact of the Covid on us all.

Some of us are only affected by needing to cut our own hair.

And, for others, this pandemic means the difference between having rice on the table, or none.

Having a nice haircut, when so many others are suffering, seems such a meaningless thing to worry about.

The most important thing we can feel is, maybe, empathy for our brothers and sisters who are definitely struggling in times like these.

I have lived in various different cultures, and the people I meet there are no different from any other.

But....the ONE thing that boggles my simple mind is that I cannot understand why.....

Now that this world's Gross World Product is going through the roof, then why are there people who still go hungry?

'Tis the season to be jolly, I guess, yet there are some who have not too much reason to celebrate this season of Good Will to All.

============

So....

What have we learned from this Pandemic Experience...maybe?

aa.  No one on Earth is safe unless, and until, all are safe.

bb.  Poverty breeds instability.

cc. We are truly responsible for our brothers, no matter where they might be.  If they are in need, then we, the world, must step up to help.

dd.  I know that most of the haves will not agree.  And, it is the haves who will suffer from their shortsightedness, sooner or later, maybe.

REMEMBER....If wealth is too skewed...then...nobody can be happy....  This is a given.

• Like 1

Somedays, when I think about different hairstyles.....or when I think about fairies....I am reminded that human expression is a many splendored thing.

There are no two of us with the same hairstyle.

No two of us express our own sexualities in exactly the same way.

I know you might think this is baroque chamber music, but it is not, for the most part.

Some of it is....

Next time, I will upload some REAL baroque for you.

No need to thank me.

Hairstyle, in my opinion, whether or not you might cut your hair, yourself, seems so unimportant, these days.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I don't follow UK politics but I get the feeling that, if he is bad, he's normal bad, as against Republican, crazy, do anything for a vote, bad. So I don't mind if that sort of conservative right wing party is in power as compared to the right fascist leaning parties in other countries. 

His hair does seem like an affectation and the fact that he spends so much time to make it look unkempt says something about the his vanity. Most politicians are probably a bit the same. 

35 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I don't follow UK politics but I get the feeling that, if he is bad, he's normal bad, as against Republican, crazy, do anything for a vote, bad. So I don't mind if that sort of conservative right wing party is in power as compared to the right fascist leaning parties in other countries. 

His hair does seem like an affectation and the fact that he spends so much time to make it look unkempt says something about the his vanity. Most politicians are probably a bit the same. 

Truly an affectation, as you say.

However, if one needed an affectation, then why would one choose such a difficult-to-maintain affectation, such as has Boris.

IF his hair were in curls, then would it not be more easily maintained, each day?

But, in order to get the same unkempt look, day after day, with each hair arranged in exactly the same way, this must require a great deal of effort.

It is one thing to wake up in the morning with unkempt hair. But then, after showering in the morning, and drying one's hair, then to try to put it back in place, in an unkempt way, as if one had just risen from bed, ....think of the time this must require.

Have you ever read any essays written by Mark Twain?

Obviously, you have, and pardon my asking.

Clemens was famous for poking fun at pomposity.

Do you think Boris uses some sort of gel?

If one wishes to serve in government, one should be tall and have good hair.

Has there ever been a bald US president?

Also, has there ever been a female US president, even though most females are not bald?

So many interesting questions, and so few qualified enough to answer them.

One more question is... will women, fairly soon, supplant men in the leadership roles in most important sectors of society and education?

yes...they will....

Does this mean that we might begin to find peace in our world, when women take over?

Difficult to say.

I pray for peace.

I pray for a piece of a--s.

My prayers, on both accounts, will never be answered.

Fortunately, life is short.

No need to dwell on such things, for long.

11 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

This is what happens when people go off their medication.

Yes.

Sorry.

I meant:  On both counts.  I did not mean on both accounts.

I would have corrected the error, if the time limit for corrections had not expired.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

Sorry.

I meant:  On both counts.  I did not mean on both accounts.

I would have corrected the error, if the time limit for corrections had not expired.

Thank you.

I don't think we're having the same conversation.  But you carry on - I'll just wear my look of interested disinterestedness and I'm positive it will all turn out well in the end.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Truly an affectation, as you say.

However, if one needed an affectation, then why would one choose such a difficult-to-maintain affectation, such as has Boris.

IF his hair were in curls, then would it not be more easily maintained, each day?

But, in order to get the same unkempt look, day after day, with each hair arranged in exactly the same way, this must require a great deal of effort.

It is one thing to wake up in the morning with unkempt hair. But then, after showering in the morning, and drying one's hair, then to try to put it back in place, in an unkempt way, as if one had just risen from bed, ....think of the time this must require.

Have you ever read any essays written by Mark Twain?

Obviously, you have, and pardon my asking.

Clemens was famous for poking fun at pomposity.

Do you think Boris uses some sort of gel?

If one wishes to serve in government, one should be tall and have good hair.

Has there ever been a bald US president?

Also, has there ever been a female US president, even though most females are not bald?

So many interesting questions, and so few qualified enough to answer them.

One more question is... will women, fairly soon, supplant men in the leadership roles in most important sectors of society and education?

yes...they will....

Does this mean that we might begin to find peace in our world, when women take over?

Difficult to say.

I pray for peace.

I pray for a piece of a--s.

My prayers, on both accounts, will never be answered.

Fortunately, life is short.

No need to dwell on such things, for long.

I think maybe it's his way of seeming a bit more down to earth or 'charming' given his fairly up market heritage. Or maybe not.

It interests me that Twain went to my city of Melbourne Australia. Be good to know what he made of it. Have to read it up. 

Eisenhower was bald. Few bald Presidents probably because appearance is too important sadly.

If I get too cynical of America it is good to remember what they did in World War 2 that helped Australia. Eisenhower of course, eventually as General of the Army,  helped fund Australia's defence. 

Watched a fascinating thing on youtube last night on the Battle of Midway that showed the sacrifice made and victory against the odds. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

16 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think maybe it's his way of seeming a bit more down to earth or 'charming' given his fairly up market heritage. Or maybe not.

It interests me that Twain went to my city of Melbourne Australia. Be good to know what he made of it. Have to read it up. 

Eisenhower was bald. Few bald Presidents probably because appearance is too important sadly.

If I get two cynical of America it is good to remember what they did in World War 2 that helped Australia. Eisenhower of course, eventually as General of the Army,  helped fund Australia's defence. 

Watched a fascinating thing on youtube last night on the Battle of Midway that showed the sacrifice made and victory against the odds. 

Eisenhower loved golfing, even so much that he would wear his golfing shoes while walking on the hardwood floors in the White House, not caring much for the damage he did with his cleats.  All great men have their foibles which are forgivable.

Twain visited many places. And then, he wrote some humorous thoughts about Travel Agents, as you probably know. 

Those were the days.

Those were the days when some still cared about things like miscegenation.