This article says vaccines used in Thailand little help with omicron

Elkski

We are still in early stages of understanding how Omicron behaves in people who have prior immunity from either vaccination or  prior COVID infection. It is quite possible that, even if infected, people will still be protected from serious illness but this remains to be verified.

A lot of the studies on COVID immunity are based on measuring people's antibody levels (as that is the easiest thing to do) but antibodies are only one part of the immune system response to a pathogen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

We are still in early stages of understanding how Omicron behaves in people who have prior immunity from either vaccination or  prior COVID infection. It is quite possible that, even if infected, people will still be protected from serious illness but this remains to be verified.

A lot of the studies on COVID immunity are based on measuring people's antibody levels (as that is the easiest thing to do) but antibodies are only one part of the immune system response to a pathogen.

Very good laymans explainer here, made it easier for me to understand anyway...lol  'Carpet bombers' of the innate immune system'

Why antibodies aren't the only defense against Omicron

B and T cells: intelligence officers and trained assassins

If the invaders aren't driven off, the "adaptive" immune system comes into play.

A few days into a first infection, "B cells" wise up to the threat and start pumping out antibodies.

Vaccination also trains B cells—mainly inside lymph nodes in our armpits, near the site of injection—to be primed and ready.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-12-antibodies-defense-omicron.html

• Like 1

Based on the reference vaccine information from MOPH released on 9 Dec, 2021, the interval time AZ + AZ + Moderna; should be 3-6 months from the last dose.

If you received the 2 dose  18 oct, 2021; then, the 3rd booster will be the mid of Jan, 2022

Greetings from MedPark Hospital

Thank you for contacting us and for having interest with our healthcare services.

If  you would like to get Moderna in Dec 27, 2021; then, our staff will ask you to sign Against Medical Advice (AMA) upfront. If it is OK for you; then, please follow the below instruction.

•          1 dose: 1,650 THB.

•          2 doses: 3,300 THB.

Edited by fredscats

Even here in the village they now did booster shots with Pfizer.

I got my Moderna in Khon Kaen last Friday.

Sino* has been outphased as far as I know.

AZ may still be used for first timers.

And whether this Omicron justifies the current level of panic/measures is another question.

Too early to draw conclusions.

Edited by KhunBENQ

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3159784/omicron-chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-fails-antibodies-test

"Of 25 people who received a full two-dose course of CoronaVac, none were found to have detectable levels of neutralising antibodies, according to study author and top infectious disease expert Yuen Kwok-yung and his team.

For those fully vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech, five out of 25 people had detectable levels. But those levels were 35 to 40 times lower than against the original coronavirus strain, and saw “significant” reduction as compared to response to previous variants Beta and Delta."

With Pfizer 5 out of 25 had detectable levels 35 to 40 times lower....not a great result either. Both vaccines require boosters.

I need a Pfizer booster but I have only 3.5 months since my second dose, wondering if they are going to squeeze the recommended 6 months period for boosters.