COVID Booster Vaccinations

pookiki

Yesterday, a Thai friend sent me a link in Thai for registering for booster shots through the three Thai telephone carriers - DTAC, AIS, and True.  I was unable to complete a registration on two of the carriers I utilize. It appears that all times at the various vaccination centers are full.  I find it very frustrating - as has been the case in the past - that the Thai government is offering needed vaccinations on the basis of 'first come, first serve' without any prioritization for older individuals and those with underlying health conditions.  Additionally, no registration information for booster shots has been available in English language sources to the best of my knowledge.  If anyone knows how older expats can register for boosters from the Thai Ministry of Public Health, please let me know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oceanbreeze851 said:

My Thai wife (Pfizer) and I (moderna) received our Vax shots in USA. I wish we could get our booster in Nakhon Ratchasima. 

Those that don’t have to apply for their booster but panicked before they know what’s going on will probably be the ones filling up the sites for those of you that do need to apply I suppose!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oceanbreeze851 said:

My Thai wife (Pfizer) and I (moderna) received our Vax shots in USA. I wish we could get our booster in Nakhon Ratchasima. 

When did you receive your most recent dose?

Which boosters are you looking for?

You could buy Moderna, or sit tight for Pfizer. 

Ask around, ask at the province/district health offices, look on local thai FB pages, talk to friends/neighbors.

I tried QueQ this morning which looks easy BUT all the hospitals and locations are in Thai only. I will wait until this becomes somewhat easier. Anyone know if you can auto translate a page in IOS like you can in a web browser?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, it looks like that option is FULL right now. (Bang Sue filled up first, they're the only one said tot have Pfizer, then Fashion Island and Asiatique filled up.)

Just stay informed, flexible.

You're in Bangkok?

What is your vaccination status?

Which booster are you looking for? (I'm guessing Pfizer.) Obviously you could purchase Moderna.

Boosters are hot right now, that'll eventually cool down.

There is no one single strategy or source, vaccinations can pop up at the strangest times, from the weirdest sources.

Yes, in Bangkok. Two previous AZ - 2nd on 26 Sept.  Good info here from a number of people.  Thanks for your input and taking the time to respond!

19 minutes ago, pookiki said:

Yes, in Bangkok. Two previous AZ - 2nd on 26 Sept.  Good info here from a number of people.  Thanks for your input and taking the time to respond!

Yeah, you may not yet be "in the window", 3 months and all.

I'm guessing you prefer Pfizer, from the government?

Maybe just wait until next month, consider a walk-by/in at Bang Sue in January if you don't see other options.

Monitor those AIS/DTAC/TrueMove options.

There will be thousands of others in a similar boat, so would expect you'll eventually get a booster.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, you may not yet be "in the window", 3 months and all.

I'm guessing you prefer Pfizer, from the government?

Maybe just wait until next month, consider a walk-by/in at Bang Sue in January if you don't see other options.

Monitor those AIS/DTAC/TrueMove options.

There will be thousands of others in a similar boat, so would expect you'll eventually get a booster.

Yes, would prefer Pfizer.  Thanks for the assistance!!

7 hours ago, Kanada said:

Just watching the news on tv and they said:

“If you’ve had your 2 Vax shots already” they now have your contact information and will contact you with a time and date for your booster! 

Yes, and what's even more wonderful is that they will provide an app for it.

7 hours ago, oceanbreeze851 said:

You are in the same situation as me - the CDC vax cards we are issued at this time have no weighting regarding boosters. Nor are they any good to get into events that require proof of vaccination because we cannot get the QR code that folks get when they are vaccinated in Thailand. 

It seems like - in Thailand eyes - we are not vaccinated. I was recently denied access to the Pattaya music festival because the guard kept asking for the QR code that I cannot get - he did not accept my CDC card as proof of vaccination probably because he could not read it.

I have looked everywhere for an opportunity to register for a third shot without success. It seems the only way to get a third shot for those that were vaccinated outside of Thailand is to return to that country.

There appears to be a walk in vax and the central mall but when I went these last, they were giving out tickets in the thousands.

What a joke this is really, myself (71 years of age) and my Thai wife (15 years younger) and her 2 adult kids are still waiting for the first dose of the vaccine. I registered for it months ago now and I check my emails every day to see if they are making progress with the vaccine program in our area (Rangsit) The whole process is a joke

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I tried QueQ this morning which looks easy BUT all the hospitals and locations are in Thai only. I will wait until this becomes somewhat easier. Anyone know if you can auto translate a page in IOS like you can in a web browser?

The name of the hospitals are shown in English under the elephant emblem on the left side. Almost impossible to read, if you cannot enlarge it make some screenshots and then enlarge those (BTW I use Android). You can then click on the hospital of your choice and the next few pages (where you enter passport number, select/given a date and select a time slot) are partly in English. Tried a few, same results as with AIS /other telecom providers: all full. Also note that whereas hospitals are claimed to be in the 'Bangkok area' many are in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Fadgie3 said:

What a joke this is really, myself (71 years of age) and my Thai wife (15 years younger) and her 2 adult kids are still waiting for the first dose of the vaccine. I registered for it months ago now and I check my emails every day to see if they are making progress with the vaccine program in our area (Rangsit) The whole process is a joke

I live in the Rangsit area (also 71) but got free Pfizer vaccine at Medpark Hospital back on August / September. 

I think it was through a Moph link.

They've got me down for a Booster in March 2022.

You could try emailing them:

[email protected]

They reply within minutes. 

Good luck.

They don't have enough and as usual haven't ordered enough.

It's going to be bad.

Feel sorry for the people who got Sinovac and Sinopharm.  

"Doubt over the jabs matter not only for the world’s most populous country, where 2.5bn doses have been administered to 1.4bn people. They also matter to the hundreds of millions of people who have received vaccines made by Sinovac and Sinopharm — both of which use an inactivated vaccine rather than the genetic code used by mRNA vaccines such as BioNTech/Pfizer and Moderna."

https://www.ft.com/content/c57028b4-573e-4ca4-8266-4d7c0ab72492

Edited by MrJ2U

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Doesn't work so they have probably finished their quota

Try shopee.co.th and type in e-coupon Bangkok Hospital, will come up with Moderna option. Can buy @ THB1650. Pay. receive SMS with coupon(s). Register at Bangkok Hospital (if you aren't), and click on Appointments. Select date, time.

Edited by samtam

I had bought a Moderna booster from a private hospital just before I got my 2nd AstraZeneca jab from the government program. The hospital contacted me to let me know it is now available and I'll have my appointment to get it later this week.

I've seen that other hospitals are still selling Moderna boosters right now, so that's an alternative for those who can't or don't want to wait for the government program to reach them.

12 hours ago, Kanada said:

Just watching the news on tv and they said:

“If you’ve had your 2 Vax shots already” they now have your contact information and will contact you with a time and date for your booster! 

Well that is the way it should be...........................on a provincial level anyway.

6 hours ago, houstoniron said:

You are in the same situation as me - the CDC vax cards we are issued at this time have no weighting regarding boosters. Nor are they any good to get into events that require proof of vaccination because we cannot get the QR code that folks get when they are vaccinated in Thailand. 

It seems like - in Thailand eyes - we are not vaccinated. I was recently denied access to the Pattaya music festival because the guard kept asking for the QR code that I cannot get - he did not accept my CDC card as proof of vaccination probably because he could not read it.

I have looked everywhere for an opportunity to register for a third shot without success. It seems the only way to get a third shot for those that were vaccinated outside of Thailand is to return to that country.

There appears to be a walk in vax and the central mall but when I went these last, they were giving out tickets in the thousands.

I went to Banglamung Hospital about 3 weeks ago, really to see if I could register and put my name down for a booster jab (my first 2 I had in Saudi Arabia about 10 months ago). Filled in a form and 15 minutes later I was jabbed and waiting in the 30 minute side effects waiting area. Went back the next day for my blue paper certificate and last week got the e-mailed one which is free on Mor Prom. A friend of mine in Patters just got his booster done today at the big Stadium.

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I went to Banglamung Hospital about 3 weeks ago, really to see if I could register and put my name down for a booster jab (my first 2 I had in Saudi Arabia about 10 months ago). Filled in a form and 15 minutes later I was jabbed and waiting in the 30 minute side effects waiting area. Went back the next day for my blue paper certificate and last week got the e-mailed one which is free on Mor Prom. A friend of mine in Patters just got his booster done today at the big Stadium.

What brand vaccine?

Did you show Thai card or passport?

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I had bought a Moderna booster from a private hospital just before I got my 2nd AstraZeneca jab from the government program. The hospital contacted me to let me know it is now available and I'll have my appointment to get it later this week.

I've seen that other hospitals are still selling Moderna boosters right now, so that's an alternative for those who can't or don't want to wait for the government program to reach them.

You bought it a while back. If bought today if there is supply a person would be back of the queue.

5 hours ago, Fadgie3 said:

What's the problem?  What are you doing wrong? I'm double vaxed, and respect process seamless. Will get my 3rd when needed without any worries.  My wife was double vaxed before me, and got her third booster this month. Again, seamless.  

So many people complain about how hard it is to get things done here, but I find everything as easy as being back in my home country. I don't get the problems...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

What's the problem?  What are you doing wrong? I'm double vaxed, and respect process seamless. Will get my 3rd when needed without any worries.  My wife was double vaxed before me, and got her third booster this month. Again, seamless.  

So many people complain about how hard it is to get things done here, but I find everything as easy as being back in my home country. I don't get the problems...

A lot depends on your specific location in Thailand. Don't be so silly as to believe your positive experience is universal.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Comirnaty - Pfizer

I just showed my passport and then they gave me a 13 digit number. I used that to be able to register on Mor Prom

Great.

Now another important question that someone might know.

Is that hospital following the at least 6 months or the very new at least 3 months after second AZ shot protocol?

I was getting a bit worried about it TBH I had 2 AZ jabs in England Feb & May and was going to wait until my visit to England in Jan for the booster (Not so sure it will be happening looking at the news) I was spooked when they said AZ wasn't much kop against omicron, so the Mrs went to see the local pharmacist yesterday he was so helpful, i was in at the local hospital this morning for the Pfizer booster just passport and copies of AZ jabs needed couldn't believe how slick it was.