COVID Booster Vaccinations

pookiki

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Great.

Now another important question that someone might know.

Is that hospital following the at least 6 months or the very new at least 3 months after second AZ shot protocol?

The Mrs had her 2nd jab end of September AZ and they said this morning when i had my booster that she couldn't have her booster till early Jan 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoeiI said:

The Mrs had her 2nd jab end of September AZ and they said this morning when i had my booster that she couldn't have her booster till early Jan 

3 months then. But where exactly?

Banglamung Hospital?

Edited by Jingthing

I just followed the recommendation here for Bangkok Hospital. Purchased on Shopee.

https://shopee.co.th/-E-Coupon-Bangkok-Hospital-วัคซีนทางเลือกโมเดอร์นา-(Moderna)-ล็อต-2-i.250344218.12007267023?sp_atk=7947cc01-7575-42f7-b3f3-bfa3b80d657d

You can also purchase for other people. Shopee send an sms with a link to a webpage with Order Number and the Coupon IDs. You need to then register online with Bangkok Hospital and then you can book your appointment for yourself and on behalf of others. Important: on the Shopee page go to the TO RECEIVE tab and click "Order Received" after you receive the SMS. This completes the purchase. My second AZ was on 28 August and booking page for Bangkok Hospital advises that I can have the booster on or after 24 December. There were slots available on 25 December but I booked for Monday 27.  You can change your booking online but the booking made on behalf of a third party needs to be changed by phone

Edited by pj123

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You bought it a while back. If bought today if there is supply a person would be back of the queue.

Not necessarily. Others have reported buying and getting an appointment within days, so it's worth checking what's currently on offer. 

29 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Not necessarily. Others have reported buying and getting an appointment within days, so it's worth checking what's currently on offer. 

Where I live for Moderna I really don't think so. There is also the issue of places not changing yet to.3 months after from 6 for people that got two AZ.

Edited by Jingthing

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I went to Banglamung Hospital about 3 weeks ago, really to see if I could register and put my name down for a booster jab (my first 2 I had in Saudi Arabia about 10 months ago). Filled in a form and 15 minutes later I was jabbed and waiting in the 30 minute side effects waiting area. Went back the next day for my blue paper certificate and last week got the e-mailed one which is free on Mor Prom. A friend of mine in Patters just got his booster done today at the big Stadium.

Thanks, I will give this a try - what time of the day did you go to the hospital?

Try walk-in at Thai-Japan Youth Center or Bangsue station. 

I had my booster some days ago at Thai-Japan Youth Center via the QueQ app but when I arrived it was all walk-in. No one checked my booking nor would they let me skip the queue with it. I was placed into the same queue as everyone else. 

Whole process was well organized and took 120 minutes all in. Got Pfizer booster and the certificate. 

In the QueQ app there were plenty of slots available, even when booking for the next day. You would need to be able to read some Thai though. 

3 hours ago, houstoniron said:

Thanks, I will give this a try - what time of the day did you go to the hospital?

As I wasn't thinking they would jab me and I was just making an enquiry I went at about 1pm. Not many people there and was done and dusted in 15 minutes. Not promising it's the same every day. May have just hit lucky. Let us know how you go on

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There is a pretty robust grey-market on FB with upwards of 4,000 folks selling their prepaid Moderna vaccines for as little as 800. 1,200 seems like the sweet-spot.

do you happen to have a link?

or do you know how to find it?

On 12/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Jingthing said:

Great.

Now another important question that someone might know.

Is that hospital following the at least 6 months or the very new at least 3 months after second AZ shot protocol?

I got a Pfizer booster last week from Banglamung following 2 x AZ, the second of which was in early September, so it would appear they're following the 3 months rule.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Yes, at the Indoor Stadium venue.  It's supposed to be operating again on 23rd, 24th, 27th, 29th and 30th of this month.

FYI

(BTW this is a BMA vaccination cnter, while Bang Sue is a MoPH vaccination center.)

Bangkok Covid-19 vaccination centre to close for 7 days during New Year holiday

One of Bangkok’s vaccination centres will be closed for a week during the New Year holiday from December 29 to January 4. Thais and foreign residents can still get vaccinated during those days at one of the six health clinics or 11 recognised hospitals, according to Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Health Department’s director. The Thai-Japanese Youth Centre will reopen on January 5.

To book a vaccine appointment at one of the 17 locations, people will need to download the QueQ application, according to the provincial health department’s director, Panrudee Manomaipiboon. First, second, and booster shots will be available at these locations.

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

As I wasn't thinking they would jab me and I was just making an enquiry I went at about 1pm. Not many people there and was done and dusted in 15 minutes. Not promising it's the same every day. May have just hit lucky. Let us know how you go on

I don't need to go until the end of January but I will post when I go. I was going to go back to the USA but with the upcoming onslaught of Omicron and the uncertainty how the CCSA will handle this, leaving Thailand right now is risky