Bangkok immigration office location ?

On 12/20/2021 at 7:45 PM, ubonjoe said:

Muang Thong Thani is only for 90 day reports and short term extensions certain types of entries.

Are you sure Joe? Next week I’m going to apply for my first Non-O visa based on retirement. Now I’m on visa exempt stamp. As I understood from the information on Bangkok Immigration website’s main page I have to go to Muang Thong Thani.

20 minutes ago, SergeD said:

Are you sure Joe? Next week I’m going to apply for my first Non-O visa based on retirement. Now I’m on visa exempt stamp. As I understood from the information on Bangkok Immigration website’s main page I have to go to Muang Thong Thani.

Attend CW for non O retirement.

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Attend CW for non O retirement.

Thank you very much Jack. It gets things much more easier. So I can get a letter from Bangkok Bank at 8:30 and go straight to the Immigration then. By the way, what type of evidence they need about source of funds? I can print SWIFT remittance from my internet banking app and ask Bangkok Bank about additional letter but don’t sure if they can do it.

53 minutes ago, SergeD said:

Thank you very much Jack. It gets things much more easier. So I can get a letter from Bangkok Bank at 8:30 and go straight to the Immigration then. By the way, what type of evidence they need about source of funds? I can print SWIFT remittance from my internet banking app and ask Bangkok Bank about additional letter but don’t sure if they can do it.

For extensions proof of foreign transaction not required

9 hours ago, SergeD said:

It’s true but I will apply for a first non-o visa, not an extension 

A credit advice from the bank to prove it came from abroad would be accepted. If your transfer has the code that  it came from abroad in you Bank book that should be enough.

If you have had the 800k baht in a Thai bank for some time they will waive the requirement for the proof it came from abroad.

Have you read the list of requirements for the visa? https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you read the list of requirements for the visa? https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Thank you for replying, Joe. Yes, of course, I‘ve read it. I mean 5.3 from this list. Joe, I guess you know Thai language well, could you tell me please, how is in Thai “credit advice”? Print it in Thai, please. Because what I know about international SWIFT transfers it called MT103 form. I have similar form in my foreign bank internet banking app with “executed” stamp but it’s just a copy. I want to ask Bangkok Bank if they can issue something similar with actual date and stamped it.

14 minutes ago, SergeD said:

I want to ask Bangkok Bank if they can issue something similar with actual date and stamped it.

If you transferred the funds directly into your Bangkok Bank account you bank book will show it as a FTT transfer. You could simply ask for a on month bank statement that would show it as a foreign transfer.

5.3 on the requirements translates to this. "5.3 Evidence of foreign currency remittance into Thailand"

You could show them 5.3 in Thai and they will understand what you want.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

bank book will show it as a FTT transfer.

Yes, it shows FTT code on inward transfer. And in my opinion it’s enough as evidence of funds foreign source. But 5.3 clause after 5.2 slightly confuse me. So I will print out my MT103 from internet banking app and ask Bangkok Bank about additional paper. Hope it will be enough. Thanks.

15 hours ago, SergeD said:

So I can get a letter from Bangkok Bank at 8:30 and go straight to the Immigration then.

I have tried different arrival times at CW for annual extensions.

Found that arriving around 11.30am to obtain queue number.

(They are closed between 12-1pm)

is best option imo.

During the one hour closure, I attend to banking letter etc (lower level) 

There is also food court same lower level as banks. 

At 1pm enter the immigration area (you already have queue ticket)

Easy peasey.