Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

General anxiety medicine, help please.

dagling

On 12/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, robblok said:

I never ever enjoyed Xanax with booze, but then again I don't or seldom drink. Recently tried to drink again at a party. I did not get past two beers as i just hated the taste (i drink to get tipsy or semi drunk not for the taste). Same goes for other booze. I did drink Jeffe and Hoegaarden as they supposedly taste better then Thai beer So no high from xanax and booze as i never combine and wont. But your a guy that has no problem drinking illegal  alcohol in the desert (sorry just now came across that topic) but seem to worry about some Xanax. Bit bias in my opinion doing everything you can to get one drug while condemning an other. 

But perhaps because you combine it with alcohol you have that experience. I seriously only took it for sleeping and hated the brain fog in the morning. By far the best to sleep for me was weed, but the  havoc that played on my diet (not everyone has that problem) was too much for me to handle. 

Now on my 3rd day of using dream juice (something i imported from the Netherlands) and day 3 the effects are lessening. Same happened with Xanax for me it only helps for a few days then my body rejects it or i need more. So I dont use either of them often.

I eat healthy workout enough and serious can't think of any stress I have but i still have problems sleeping.. or more accurate waking up during my sleep. Falling asleep is not the problem staying asleep is. Its been a problem for years and years. Sometimes its worse then other times. Been to doctors havent been able to find a cure, so its something i have to live with.

If you stop consuming ALL toxic stuff, drink much bottled water ( Minere ) combined with diet & exercise  & air con in bedroom, you will stay naturally asleep for 6-8 hours.

Sertraline is the most common antidepressant taken in Thailand. Can be bought over the counter at some pharmacies. Good chance it will be prescribed at all government psychiatric hospitals. Very cheap medication.

They found that sertraline was more effective at reducing anxiety symptoms—such as nervousness, irritability, and restlessness—with improvements showing after six weeks, while it took 12 weeks for modest changes in depressive symptoms—such as low mood—to show.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

17 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Sertraline is the most common antidepressant taken in Thailand. Can be bought over the counter at some pharmacies. Good chance it will be prescribed at all government psychiatric hospitals. Very cheap medication.

Side effects - high rates of nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, and sexual side effects. No wonder it's cheap.

Just be aware of the different strains for different purposes when self medicate with marijuana and kratom. Know what you use and the potency of it. You are vulnerable at the moment, and do not need bad experience because of wrong strain or dosage. 

As you are aware of, alcohol do not help your situation, only make it worse, same for other substances if not dosed correctly and the right strain for you. 

Make good solid daily routines, both physically and mentally.

There is a-lot to find online how to do cognitive self therapy, but my experience you can be intellectually aware, but your body just do not respond before you are ready to educate yourself, and do something about it. A therapist can push some buttons for you, but you have to do the job, and be willing to do it for the best of yourself. 

Good luck

Amitriptylline is an antidepressent, not an anxiolytic.

Ditto sertraline.

The thread - which is old and for some reason being resurrected by persons other than the OP - is about anxiety, not depression.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Side effects - high rates of nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, and sexual side effects. No wonder it's cheap.

Possible side effects. Common occurrence when taking any medication initially.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just be aware of the different strains for different purposes when self medicate with marijuana and kratom. Know what you use and the potency of it.

Are you saying try lots of different strains at different doses, keep a record of all the symptoms and effects, then try to think back and decide which was best for you. I think not.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Are you saying try lots of different strains at different doses, keep a record of all the symptoms and effects, then try to think back and decide which was best for you. I think not.

Nope, somebody already claimed they did that, and they also claim an average affect on people, but some  do not get the same effect as the average people, and should be careful when trying.

Im not as tolerant to alchohol and different  substances and therefor more careful than most. 

A genetic  test proved my case

GeneSight Psychotropic is a pharmacogenomic test which means that it analyzes how your genes may affect medication outcomes. The GeneSight test analyzes clinically important genetic variations in your DNA. Results can inform your doctor about how you may break down or respond to certain medications commonly prescribed to treat depression, anxiety, ADHD, and other psychiatric conditions

https://genesight.com

On 12/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, davidst01 said:

I agree with this comment. I dont sleep well at all. Recently someone asked me to join in on indoor soccer to help the team out. I was running around for 20min and it almost killed me. I was so exhausted. I slept from 9pm to 8am solid. The best sleep I've ever had. 

So my advice is get off your butt and do some exercise. Wear out your body/ brain EVERYDAY.... Do not take meds....     Do not take midday naps or anything. Stay up all day and go to bed the same time. 

Good luck

i'm with Connda and all others ( few ?)   that continue to USE their bodies .   I have certain issues that old age brings on..... but i can walk,  bike,  and swim   ( depending on what hurts that day  haha).     If i am sedentary i feel like sheeeet .     

I am a mid day napper ,   so to each his own.   Almost every problem can be dealt with naturally ,

but that would be a discussion for another thread.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, KannikaP said:

I tried Transcendental Meditation for a while back in the 90s, got my Mantra and paid 500 quid to the Maharishi. It was the same basic thing, breathe deeply concentrating on the abdomen, sit quietly and concentrate

Pretty much what I do on the crapper, and it cost me zip....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Just discovered another thread and  by coincidence I read until this link.

Describing the strains qualities and who it is beneficial for. 

Though this is typically an upper level high, your body will be most certainly relaxed throughout. Thai Sticks is a great medical strain for a myriad of reasons. Namely, it is a wonderful strain for mental illnesses and mood disorders such as depression, stress, bipolar, and ADHD.

It is not recommended for anyone who suffers from moderate to severe anxiety as it tends to increase heart rate and focus which can occasionally agitate symptoms. As it is a stimulant, it is also beneficial to those who suffer from appetite loss and lack of focus. The energy provided helps with chronic fatigue and mild sleep disorders.

https://thaigreenlab.com/thai-stick-tanaosri-kan-khaw-wa1-cannabis-flower/

original thread

Edited by Hummin

On 12/20/2021 at 2:15 PM, dagling said:

s exhausted and almost constantly tired, constantly tense and eases dizziness.
I also lie for hours (up to 6-7 sometimes) before I get to sleep, a thousand thoughts an hour rage through my head, unable to just close my eyes and relax, find peace to fall asleep.

My diagnosis would be to get out of the UK quick.