Pre flight PCR Test/Lateral Flow test in Bangkok for flight to UK

WalsallRobbo

Does anyone have any idea where I can go for this or if I can get one from a pharmacy?

I am flying back to the UK on 31st Dec so I need to complete it on the 30th.

I am in Wangthonglang / Ramkhamhaeng area not far from the Rajamangala Stadium.

Has anyone recently completed one? What did you have to show at the airport in Bangkok? Was there a long queue?

4km west of you Between Prom Pong and Thonglor at same bdg as  Racquet Club, I've booked not used yet, very positive reviews.

As its holiday period check their hours 

Floor 3, Building 2 of The Racquet Club, Sukhumvit 49/9 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand 10110

Contact Info.(Tel) - 02 018 7855 (Email) - appointmentmedconsultasiabkk@gmail

good luck

whoever you choose be good to get some feedback

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As my flight leaves on the 31st 21:00) I think I can take the test on the 29th as well, which give me a bit of leeway as I thought it was 48 hours from departure:

When to take your test

You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

If your journey to England is a multi-leg journey, you can take the test in the 2 days before the start of the first leg.

It would be great to hear from people who have done this though. I am kicking myself that I didn't bring a test from the UK. It would have saved this hassle.

I have a similar problem flying back to the US Dec 29-30, but the US now requires a test the day before the flight.  I don't know if that means the day before the first leg on the 29th or the final leg on the 30th.  If the latter I have only a few hours at Swampy (12-6) to get test and results.  Does anyone know place for rapid test near there?

20 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

As my flight leaves on the 31st 21:00) I think I can take the test on the 29th as well, which give me a bit of leeway as I thought it was 48 hours from departure:

When to take your test

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

If your journey to England is a multi-leg journey, you can take the test in the 2 days before the start of the first leg.

It would be great to hear from people who have done this though. I am kicking myself that I didn't bring a test from the UK. It would have saved this hassle.

I did it last week at the Racquet Club (Medex). If you test before 8am you get the result in the evening. At check-in for my Thai Airways flight to London they only wanted to see the test certificate (I did a PCR as I didn’t realise you could do an ATK) and the passenger locator form for the UK. My understanding is that you must have a certificate to show so a home self-test would not be acceptable. 

You must test less than 48 hours from scheduled departure time. 

On 12/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, RubbaJohnny said:

4km west of you Between Prom Pong and Thonglor at same bdg as  Racquet Club, I've booked not used yet, very positive reviews.

As its holiday period check their hours 

Floor 3, Building 2 of The Racquet Club, Sukhumvit 49/9 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand 10110

Contact Info.(Tel) - 02 018 7855 (Email) - appointmentmedconsultasiabkk@gmail

good luck

whoever you choose be good to get some feedback

I used them. Really good service 

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I did it last week at the Racquet Club (Medex). If you test before 8am you get the result in the evening. At check-in for my Thai Airways flight to London they only wanted to see the test certificate (I did a PCR as I didn’t realise you could do an ATK) and the passenger locator form for the UK. My understanding is that you must have a certificate to show so a home self-test would not be acceptable. 

You must test less than 48 hours from scheduled departure time. 

Did you get a paper certificate or just show the results on your phone?????

On 12/21/2021 at 12:56 PM, WalsallRobbo said:

When to take your test

How can a self test be acceptable?

I returned to the UK 3 weeks ago, here's my advice:-

1) You need a PCR test not Lateral Flow - 3 days before leaving Thailand

2) I did at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital and cost 3800 TBH.

Book the test in advance to ensure you get it on the correct day.

4) Prepare a Passenger Location Form, but cannot submit until 48 hrs before your UK arrival time.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

This website lists approved UK companies that supply PCR tests kits.

Prices vary around £90 depending on delivery options.

My PRC test kit was posted to my UK address prior to arrival.

Complete the test on arrival at home, then post for testing.

Self-isolate at home and await results via email or text within 48 hrs

After paying for the test, you will receive an email with a Test Package Booking Ref number that must be included in the Passenger Location Form.

5) Submit the Passenger Location Form 48 hours before your arrival time in UK

Note that It will not be accepted in advance of 48 hours.

6) Vaccine certificate QR code to be downloaded into the Passenger Location Form.  This can be troublesome as only the 2nd Jab QR code is accepted. 

I had to scan my NHS vaccine cert then expand the 2nd jab QR code before it was accepted.

7) The Passenger Location Form is linked to your Passport number, so arrival in the UK is straight forward via the e-passport desks, with no checks needed

But I understand people without a Passenger Location Form will still be allowed to travel provided they show their PCR tests at BKK airport.

However, they will injure delays on arrival in the UK.

Thanks. You don't need to take a PCR test to return to the UK:

Type of test

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

a nucleic acid test, including a PCR test

a LAMP test

an antigen test, such as an LFD (lateral flow device) test

You must check with your test provider that the test meets the standards. You may not be able to travel if it does not.

The test could be:

a face-to-face or in-person test

a self-administered test with video or photo verification

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I am going to get an antigen test at Ramkhamhaeng Hospital on the 30th. It has been approved by the Thai Government: Register - Ram Drive Thru (ram-hosp.co.th)