Notorious expat Cannabis bar shut down in Phnom Penh

geovalin

A notorious bar in St172, long known for selling cannabis and cannabis ‘infused’ food, is reported to have been shut down by authorities. Sources reported a heavy police presence at ‘Dirty Old Sailors’ bar on st172 in central Phnom Penh on Sunday night and, today, the bar is reported to be shuttered, with an official notice affixed to the shutters saying ‘Temporary House-Room Closing by Phnom Penh Municipal Commission | Daun Penh District Police Office Anti-Drug Section – After inspecting the house-room above completely, we commission it temporarily closed.’

‘Dirty Old Sailors’ was notorious in Phnom Penh for purveying items such as ‘Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding with infused syrup’, ‘Banana bread, Date, Chocolate Chip Cake (all infused) Real strong ????’ and other cannabis ‘edibles’.

READ MORE https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50992651/notorious-expat-weed-bar-shut-down-in-phnom-penh/

Notorious-expat-weed-bar-down-in-Phnom-Penh.jpg.f6d3b37138e9c5961bbca2f8e143c354.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bangkokairportlink said:

How can they be so retarded ?!

They've been selling openly for the past 4-5 years, maybe longer.

I went there in 2019, several other places selling joints to smoke with your beer.

And yet more restaurants selling pizza with cannabis, aka Happy Pizza.

One restaurant was even named 'Happy Pizza', with cannabis on the menu as a topping.

• Like 2

I used to be friends with the owner, he is Danish, amazing place with up to 30 different types of weed and hash. Strange they closed now, maybe due to the food, they used to run openly for like 5 years already and it was no secret to the police across the street either.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

I wish they would make up their minds on whether cannabis is legal or illegal in Cambodia.  It has inhabited a gray area for many years where it is allowed as a garnish for food. This is the origin of the "Happy Pizza" places.  In addition to the pizza I ordered, I was offered a bag of weed to smoke, but I didn't bite. Many cases of stuff being sold and then the buyer is arrested after he leaves the premises. If there is any jail worse than a Thai jail, it would have to be in Cambodia.  I'll stick with the pizza.