Intense anxiety from Thai beer

Benithon

20 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Only 35 degree, and quite sweet. The only Thai spirit up to scratch is Kulov vodka IMO

Yes, always a bottle of Kulov in my cupboard! Surprisingly good. Agree Hong Thong is sweet, but with soda water not bad. Cheap too.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Only 35 degree, and quite sweet. The only Thai spirit up to scratch is Kulov vodka IMO

Yes, always a bottle of Kulov in my cupboard! Surprisingly good. Agree Hong Thong is sweet, but with soda water not bad. Cheap too.

21 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

OH....on the contrary - still quite available through selected locales.

Need to get out more.

Hmmm. Sorry but I'm skeptical. Not buying it..and don't think you are either. Would you please be so kind as to inform where you are still buying the extinct Chang Export? This one. Thanks. ????

ChangExport.png.0540543f57805b8ba0bc56842ba391a4.png

On 12/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, LennyW said:

Leo is probably the best of a dodgy lot, Leo recipe was created by a German Brewmaster. 

interesting post by someone touting the following tag:

"Scottish by birth, British by law, A Highlander by the grace of God"

"You know you're Scottish - when alchohol tastes like juice"

So, Mr "Scottish" would this be prune juice maybe?

by the way, you've misspelled "alcohol" ????

On 12/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, mtls2005 said:

Maybe it was old stock from late 2019.

thai beer tastes "off" coming off the bottling line, can only imagine how rotten it must be if it sat around in temperature for a year or so?

Vintage?

There is loads of out of date Thai beer around currently. 

Try Budweiser from 7/11.

I drank Leo for about 12 years then recently had the same issues as the OP. 

Got bought a can of Bud by a mate, poured it into a cold glass and haven't looked back since. 

Tastes SO much better than Leo, costs 10 Baht or so a can more (brewed in Vietnam) and 4 x 500ml cans over the evening when drinking result in almost zero hangover. 

Drink the same amount of leo and can't sleep, wake up feeling rough as a badgers ass. 

I don't know what they put in Leo/Chang etc but it has to be able to withstand 30 degree heat for up to a year whilst siting in warehouses etc - there is no way they are not adding some chemicals to make that possible. 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

Ive been trying that   Chang Cold Brew beer.    Very nice drop with a malt flavour, but    jesus wept  does it  get my stomach going the next day, unlike regular Chang or Leo.   I'll be brave though, and persevere.

Leo no 8 extra good 

On 12/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, RichardColeman said:

Unless the poster commits to saying how many beers he had its a bit speculative. If it was a couple its an issue, if it was 10-20 then its juts a hangover, get over it , it was self induced. These days for me , 3 tins of uk 4% lager or 2 large chang and I want to go to sleep - after a beetroot sandwich and servicing the wife of course

can you yell us more about the bit after the beetroot sandwich...

On 12/22/2021 at 12:24 PM, Golden Triangle said:

The only one I don't really like is Singha, I drink Archa at home & Leo when I go out, very few places serve Archa.

Funny that , usualy drink Leo8 as has a bit more flavour.  My off licence ran out of it a couple of weeks ago so I bought Singha.  No taste at all , yesterday at Makro I found a litre tin of Kaiserdom Dark , looking forward to that in a couple of days time. 195 B but why drink lager at half that price if awfull ?

7 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Too many amateur drinkers on here, drink enough often enough and hey presto no hangover, I think my last hangover was way back in the early 70's.

Lightweights, to be sure....????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I agree , it does have some taste unlike most local beer.  1 bottle every night as the sun dips behind the mountains.

yep normally have a couple after my evening walk..got a lot more flavour than the others not bad for standard and not import

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike 1 said:

have gone through 37 boxes of Leo, I don't have a problem

Careful mate. 

Your liver will rebel, it happened to me, I only have to drink a pint of beer now and it starts to pain. 

I'm trying to dry out for a while but Christmas/new year its a challenge 

• Haha 1