TM 30 going to immigration

Hi all, I’m off to Thailand early January having managed to get my Thailand pass application approved with literally hours to go, I’ve got 1 night in a hotel in Bangkok as part of the entry requirements and testing process, I will arrive in Khon Kaen on the following day which is a Sunday, I have said to the girlfriend that I really don’t want to leave the house except for sitting in the garden as I have to take a PCR test on the 7th day after arrival, I really don’t want to get a positive test so for a week I would rather self isolate in the house, but, I have to do a TM30 to tell immigration that I’m at the girlfriends house, last time I done it we both went to Khon Kaen immigration but I got the impression I wasn’t really needed there, so the girlfriend is going to go on her own to do the TM30, is this ok to do or am I required to be there in person? I have told her that as far as I’m aware she can do it online…anyone know if it’s possible to do online.

any help much appreciated.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, tonray said:

She can install the app (Section 38) on Google Play,  register with her id and housebook info and file online. 

It is not as easy as you make it out to be. Unless she is the owner of the residence being reported she will need more than a copy of her house book registry. To get a username and password requires approval by immigration and they will send it by email.

Probably not worth the effort for a one time report.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not as easy as you make it out to be. Unless she is the owner of the residence being reported she will need more than a copy of her house book registry. To get a username and password requires approval by immigration and they will send it by email.

Probably not worth the effort for a one time report.

Thanks for your always uplifting commentary

• Haha 2

Get your girlfriend to call immigration and tell them about your situation and I'm sure they'll be OK.when I came in 3 months ago my house was flooded so called immigration and they said no problem just come when you can.

Thanks for the answers gents, she does own the house so that should be ok, I will get her to call immigration they can advise her what she can do. I don’t mind going to immigration with her but I’m really wanting to self isolate before my 2nd  PCR test once that’s out the way then I’m happy to go out..

1 hour ago, vinci said:

I was about to do the tm30 online, has anybody done it successfully, want to hear from you, how long does it take to register and how long to get result.

apply.jpg

Gave this link to the receptionist at my hotel a couple of days ago. Yesterday she had a photo of my receipt of notification.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, kidneyw said:

Gave this link to the receptionist at my hotel a couple of days ago. Yesterday she had a photo of my receipt of notification.

What does your receipt of notification look like? I've asked my condo to do mine and they've given me something that looks like a printout of a mobile screen shot as a receipt. It doesn't have the address on it, and just has a start date, name, nationality, pp number and sex. I'm doubtful it is the right thing.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, essex boys said:

Thanks for the answers gents, she does own the house so that should be ok, I will get her to call immigration they can advise her what she can do. I don’t mind going to immigration with her but I’m really wanting to self isolate before my 2nd  PCR test once that’s out the way then I’m happy to go out..

If she owns the house then the TM30 notification is actually her responsibility, not yours. She can apply for the username and password now in preparation for when you arrive.

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

If she owns the house then the TM30 notification is actually her responsibility, not yours. She can apply for the username and password now in preparation for when you arrive.

True....but if she doesn't do it, he is the one to suffer the consequences. No extensions processed until he pays the fine at Immigration. It's absurd but that's the way it is. I loaded the app on my phone, sent in documents from GF (ID and Housebook) and she is blissfully unaware of the requirements outside of "I need these documents to file Immigration form". Works for me

7 hours ago, JomtienEats said:

What does your receipt of notification look like? I've asked my condo to do mine and they've given me something that looks like a printout of a mobile screen shot as a receipt. It doesn't have the address on it, and just has a start date, name, nationality, pp number and sex. I'm doubtful it is the right thing.

That is enough proof that the hotel did the report online. Immigration can look it up on their computer to confirm it was done.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is enough proof that the hotel did the report online. Immigration can look it up on their computer to confirm it was done.

I don't know. There is scant information on this print out to look up. My experience with Imm before has never been 'Oh yes, we can look that up for you', it has always been 'Go and get the proper form'! I want to be sure of it to avoid two journeys.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JomtienEats said:

I don't know. There is scant information on this print out to look up. My experience with Imm before has never been 'Oh yes, we can look that up for you', it has always been 'Go and get the proper form'! I want to be sure of it to avoid two journeys.

If it has your name and passport number on it that is enough.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JomtienEats said:

Thanks. Hopefully that is the case, but I have to wonder, if only my name and passport number is needed, that info is on my passport! I wonder why the need for a receipt at all. 

The receipt just shows the TM30 has been filed. When done by hotel they can give you screen grab of it being filed. 

From what you describe you will have no issue. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On a sort of related note, after a few tries I managed to get the wife (house owner) registered on the immigration 'fn24online' site (which appears to be primarily for hotels), but, totally failed to register our arrival on the TM30 page! The date format is a bit strange and I couldn't see anything else wrong it just kept coming up with 'an error has occurred' so we ended up having to go to SamutPrakan immigration in person anyway and file a couple of days late! They didn't care last time either when we had to extend our Visa exempt stamps for medical reasons (not having done a TM30 at all) we just did the TM30 there and then 28 days late!

• Like 1

Also I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully reported arrival on the immigration 'fn24online/Record of notifying foreigners to stay (Notification TM30) webpage. What was your secret? I know the date formats are a bit weird and I tried several options but as above all I got was 'an error has occurred'.

We're now registered but if I use the search function it doesn't show anyone as being registered? I guess the in person paper system is not connected to the online system?

33 minutes ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

Also I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully reported arrival on the immigration 'fn24online/Record of notifying foreigners to stay (Notification TM30) webpage.

There have been many reports about a problem when saving a report online. Hotels do them by submitting a file.

The mobile app is working without a problem according to reports about it. Perhaps try installing it if you need to a TM30 report.

Android app:. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38 

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

Unless entering the country frequently with a new visa there is not much need to bother with online reporting since they changed the regulation for TM30 reports in June of last year. 

12 hours ago, JomtienEats said:

95207356_TM3022nd_Dec.2021cutforAseanpost.jpg.532c0e60b483c8c83d13eb635d649644.jpg

Here you go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been many reports about a problem when saving a report online. Hotels do them by submitting a file.

The mobile app is working without a problem according to reports about it. Perhaps try installing it if you need to a TM30 report.

Android app:. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38 

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

Unless entering the country frequently with a new visa there is not much need to bother with online reporting since they changed the regulation for TM30 reports in June of last year. 

I also tried downloading and completing the V3 .xls spreadsheet (red box in screenshot below) which has examples in and also the airport & immigration codes. This wouldn't upload either.

I was trying to do it online as SamutPrakan immigration has temporarily moved from near the Amphur offices in SamutPrakan to miles away in BangPhli.

I'll download the Android app and give it a try ready for later in the year.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 143201.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 12:52 PM, kidneyw said:

95207356_TM3022nd_Dec.2021cutforAseanpost.jpg.532c0e60b483c8c83d13eb635d649644.jpg

Here you go.

Thanks - however mine didn't look anything like this - it was more like a screenshot from the online system. It didn't look like much or have many details, but @ubonjoe said it would be enough, and the condo front desk said it would be enough and indeed it was enough for them.

• 7 months later...

Here's a somewhat late update: Just arrived again and thought I'd have another stab at registering us online, now the https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ page has a line of text at the top saying: '..........Check your browser, please use with Internet Explorer version 8-11 and Chrome only' so opened it in Chrome and left the TM6 number box empty and it all went through fine.

Andrew