PSAS Refuses All Credit Cards

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

But I am old.   No worry about points.  Cash is the exchange rate.  Cards are what have foreign transaction fees.

I do understand cards say they are the brave new world - but I was around before there were any and well recall when it became a PIA to rent a car without when back in USA - but still could do.  50 years later can still live without them (although have a few).  But for frequent travelers am sure they are a staple these days - but for normal overseas living not so much - better to have local bank accounts.

Sometimes less hassle also.

Cash is easy and fluid.

Everyone takes it.

Enjoy your holidays!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Sometimes less hassle also.

Cash is easy and fluid.

Everyone takes it.

Enjoy your holidays!

During first national level 3 lockdown in NZ, takeaways were only accepting plastic. The last time they were taking cash. Must have realised how much money they were losing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

During first national level 3 lockdown in NZ, takeaways were only accepting plastic. The last time they were taking cash. Must have realised how much money they were losing.

Some parts its mainly done to avoid robbery.  They don't want there drivers carrying lots of cash.

To answer the OP's issue:  Thailand has been having issues processing ONLINE transactions for VISA cards for the past month or so.  This issue was also highlighted in a Reddit forum and many other people have confirmed this also.  We've been seeing the same problem with Lazada, Food Panda, etc..  The problem doesn't seem to be connected to "Verified by Visa" as others have called them.  It seems to be with the credit card processing of one or more local banks.

I had the same issue with PSAS and solved it by using a MASTERCARD not a VISA card.  

I hope this helps.

• Like 1