STM.2 form

While at KP immi yesterday waiting for tm30 to be sorted a female officer asked me what extension am I on to which I replied OA. She replied you don't want that to which I agreed but said I cannot leave the country to change it. She then spoke extensively to my girlfriend in Thai but then started trying to explain to me about what to do at next extension which seemed contradictory to my many years of extending.

However on getting home I realised she had given me 4 sheets/forms of paper, one the TM.7 no problem with that, another un-numbered all in Thai but obvious that it’s something I fill in, another one un-numbered but obviously me declaring I understand penalties for overstay etc and then an STM.2 which on reading a few times seems to be about  changing visa/extension type. So putting 2 and 2 together is she saying I can change from OA to just O without leaving the country?.
If so then are there any complications I should be aware of?

The STM2 just shows the conditions for a extension of stay.

image.png.a5f8541deb08609fb8aedc073a496f78.png

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories without leavening the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay.

If you got married you could change to one for that and not need the insurance.

OP, if you have future plans to marry then just change reason from retirement to marriage when that happens..

If that's not in your plans then kill off your non O-A by exiting Thailand when practical and reenter and obtain a non O at Thai immigration.

a female officer asked me what extension am I on,

to which I replied OA

unquote

No you are not!! You are either on a retirement extension or a marriage-extension...

You are not extending a VISA, you are extending your "permission to stay" in

Thailand..

glegolo

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Why do you people come on here and state the obvious when you really know what is being talked about. Have you nothing better to do and if you read what I wrote I never mentioned anything about a visa and just quoting what the officer said to me. 

Knowledge is never a heavy burdon...

glegolo

On 12/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, glegolo18 said:

Knowledge is never a heavy burdon...(sic)

...and lack of knowledge about using a spell checker suggests you may be burdened when it comes to getting your ideas fully appreciated by their clarity, in presentation and spelling accuracy.