No Booster Shot Before Eligibility

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They have made it too hard to actually get the boosters for many of us that are eligible. If it was easy for you great. Note the word many does not mean all. 

For those that make the effort there is a way. This is not a postcode lottery like when the Pfizer first arrived and was restricted to certain areas. Anyone from any province in Thailand is accepted.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

MedPark will issue (paid for) Moderna Boosters whenever you want (if you have paid for them)

Brother in Law (owns a restaurant) had his first booster on 10th Nov, he had another Booster on 24th Dec - No one stopped him and informed him that he wasn’t eligible (he’s 40 yrs old). 

I am having my Moderna booster at MedPark (paid for) tomorrow (brother in Law booked that one for me) at 4.5 months since my last Pfizer Vax. 

-----

I’m not worried about the Omicron variant other than the consequences to the convenience of travel if I do catch Covid-19 and which would impact my travel to work. I am hoping the ‘booster’ makes the difference between contracting and not contracting the virus.

People would argue that this vaccine does not stop us catching Omicron, I disagree... if 100,000 un-vaccinated people vs 100,000 vaccinated people come into contract with someone who contagious with Covid-19 (Omicron variant or any other) significantly more un-vaccinated people would contract Covid-19. 

Exactly! Why would MedPark give it out free when they are making money.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I have nothing against the shots. To me it is just a numbers game; being over 80 the numbers are way in favor of getting the shots, and if bad things happen, well, life isn't fair anyway. 

I had a Thai government shot of AZ in June, then in California a Pfizer in July and another Pfizer mid-August. So I'm only 4 months out, 6 is February. But I'm tempted to start looking next month. (I'm back in LOS.) Anyone have any reading or links regarding 5 months out in such a case? I can't see much difference in one month over that stretch of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rbkk said:
15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They have made it too hard to actually get the boosters for many of us that are eligible. If it was easy for you great. Note the word many does not mean all. 

For those that make the effort there is a way. This is not a postcode lottery like when the Pfizer first arrived and was restricted to certain areas. Anyone from any province in Thailand is accepted.

6 months ago a lot of people were complaining that they couldn’t secure vaccinations... they spent of their time complaining and arguing instead of doing their research and finding solutions...   

The same goes for now.... There are ‘booster’ solutions and have been for a while now....  

Some just want to complain instead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably because they had to pay for it.   They are not currently supplied with an allocation from the government to provide free of charge.

MedPark are doing Covid-19 vaccines for a profit. The Thai government are giving the same away for free.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Got both my AZ jabs at Medpark free of charge.

Correction: MedPark are doing Moderna boosters for a profit. They are not able to do for free. The Thai government are giving the same away for free from their various donated supplies.

Edited by rbkk
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, rbkk said:
23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably because they had to pay for it.   They are not currently supplied with an allocation from the government to provide free of charge.

MedPark are doing Covid-19 vaccines for a profit. The Thai government are giving the same away for free.

That's not accurate, MedPark has been heavily involved in the free 1st and 2nd vaccination programme. 

This is about booster shoots and they do not have booster allocations to provide free from the government as they did with the initial vaccines.  Those who want to go private (MedPark is a private hospital!) can do so if they choose or can wait until the private hospitals are provided with government booster allocations that those hospitals will distribute free of charge.

• Like 1

The the article said “objecting to or criticizing a booster is unreasonable”. These vaccines and boosters are not risk free. Speaking the truth about what’s really going on with the shots is not being unreasonable. Get vaccinated and boosted so you can still catch covid and spread it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not accurate, MedPark has been heavily involved in the free 1st and 2nd vaccination programme. 

This is about booster shoots and they do not have booster allocations to provide free from the government as they did with the initial vaccines.  Those who want to go private (MedPark is a private hospital!) can do so if they choose or can wait until the private hospitals are provided with government booster allocations that those hospitals will distribute free of charge.

Or can go to certain government hospitals now.