No Booster Shot Before Eligibility

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I thought if you had 2 x Pfizer the "Window" was 6 months and your eligible for a booster (Free). As you were paying for your Moderna booster was it a 0.5 ml (50mcg) or 1 ml (100mcg) dose?

Good question. My 2 Pfizers were done in the UK so not being in the Thai system I did the walk in and pay method. I hate needles and nurses so got myself in to a bit of a sweat so did not realise that my date of birth is wrong on the cert (3 blood pressure tests before they let me go!) I will check the dosage when I correct the cert next week.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Says Thais and Foreigners on title page

FAQ answers a Sinovac foreigner exclusion.

dtacvaxbs.jpg

Quote from the booster FAQ:

• Can a foreigner who has completed 2 Sinovac (SV) injections can register?

Currently not open to foreigners. If there are more openings, we will announce again.

https://www.dtac.co.th/vaccine/faqs.html#tab2

hmmmm......reads as very racist.

Edited by rbkk

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

If in Bangkok at Bang Sue. Book on the Dtac vaccine website (I found that one to be most user friendly) and I think you can do walkin at BangSue to get a booster.

Please check i tried

YOU have to have previous injections at Bang Sue this has been verified by wife and daughter in law

otherwise i would have travelled 

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

If in Bangkok at Bang Sue. Book on the Dtac vaccine website (I found that one to be most user friendly) and I think you can do walkin at BangSue to get a booster.

I tried to book via Dtac for a booster at Bang Sue on 23 January (I got the last AZ jab at Bang Sue on 30 September) :  I was refused with the pretext that I do not fulfill the conditions set by the Ministry of Health and I do not know why

8 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Where can people get the booster?

RAZZ

Yes, why is it so difficult to get a booster shot in Thailand?  I have checked and I see that all vaccination venues are fully booked or they have reached their inventory limits. 

Why do we have to always fight for vaccinations when in the USA boosters are readily available in departments stores and in most large pharmacies.  If for lack of imagination, can't they copy what is readily done in the USA?

Where can people get the booster shot in Bangkok??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yimlitnoy said:

Yes, why is it so difficult to get a booster shot in Thailand?  I have checked and I see that all vaccination venues are fully booked or they have reached their inventory limits. 

Why do we have to always fight for vaccinations when in the USA boosters are readily available in departments stores and in most large pharmacies.  If for lack of imagination, can't they copy what is readily done in the USA?

See above post - walk in at Asiatique.

RAZZ

3 hours ago, fvw53 said:

Yes my Thai wife was accepted for a booster registration but I was refused because I was a foreigner .....is this because foreigners are immune and cannot infect other people ?

You were trying to get a booster in June? 

9 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Where can people get the booster?

RAZZ

If you are in Bangkok and have received your second vax dose before Sept 30, Royal Thai Police are sponsoring walk-in for Moderna boosters till December 30 at Amarin Plaza (Chidlom BTS). Get there by 7 am, get in line on the ground floor. Out by noon or so.

Nurse told me 0.75 mcg.

Little physical distancing in line but most everyone is double-masked. Vax centre itself is safe as. Thai govt should take home some lessons for this; their registration system has been utter chaos.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rbkk said:

Correction: MedPark are doing Moderna boosters for a profit. They are not able to do for free. The Thai government are giving the same away for free from their various donated supplies.

Medpark have to buy Moderna so they cannot give it away free!!

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Medpark have to buy Moderna so they cannot give it away free!!

Exactly what I meant with my statement "MedPark are doing Moderna boosters for a profit. They are not able to do for free." They entered into a business venture that required an initial outlay and need to recoup their costs and make a margin.

The government is able to supply Moderna boosters for free because of donations.  It's similar to when China donated Sinovac and a % (300,000 doses?) were given to their nationals in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I bet there will be a fourth as Israel has already started. There is no escape from this. 

Your bets too late! Fourth doses have already been announced the other day in Thailand for health workers and the at-risk etc.

35 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Asiatique totally free when you have had your last vaccin 3 month or longer
Farang and Thai people totally free every day from 08.00-17.00

If your two previous shots were in another country is one still qualified for this booster? I had 2 Pfizer in the US in July and August, 4 1/2 months ago--as I stated above already. In other words, do they recognize the US CDC card as qualification? And any idea for how long this program will carry on? Thanks!

Edited by Enzian
additional question

28 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I have got it last friday Phizer with certificate and QR code
I spent 4 hours waiting...but i have it in my arms.I would recommend it
Go to SIAM BTS station and take the BTS to TAKSIN BTS station.
Take a motorbike to Asiatique (50 baht) At this moment there are no boats.
Show your passport + first 2 vaccin paper...you are done and will get it! FREE

Thanks - found out about Asiatique last night (I used to live near Saphan Thaksin).

Only had my second AZ 18th November - so 7 weeks or so to be eligible for the 3rd jab.

RAZZ

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Enzian said:

If your two previous shots were in another country is one still qualified for this booster? I had 2 Pfizer in the US in July and August, 4 1/2 months ago--as I stated above already. In other words, do they recognize the US CDC card as qualification? And any idea for how long this program will carry on? Thanks!

Think the rule on 2 Pfizers is the second one must be six months ago. My second one was nine months ago. Both done in UK. I showed a print of my vaccine cert, paid 1,650B and got a Moderna booster in Chiang Mai last week.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

What is your current vaccination status? Which booster are you eligible for?

MoPH, Bang Sue, walk in or try the mobile phone service provider registration: currently (today) full, but this changes hourly. https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

BMA, Thai-Japanese/Youth Centre Dun Daeng, walk in or try QueQ app, may require the help of a thai person.

A lot of times, for these one-off temporary offerings, they're oversubscribed by the time you hear about them here.

5 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I showed a print of my vaccine cert, paid 1,650B and got a Moderna booster in Chiang Mai last week.

Where in Chiang Mai? They asked for a passport? Did they care about your vaccination history? Was the Moderna a 'full' dose, if you know. Did you receive any vaccination proof or documentation?

15 hours ago, fvw53 said:

I tried to book via Dtac for a booster at Bang Sue on 23 January (I got the last AZ jab at Bang Sue on 30 September) :  I was refused with the pretext that I do not fulfill the conditions set by the Ministry of Health and I do not know why

probably because you have to wait for three months on December 30 you should be good to go

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Where in Chiang Mai? They asked for a passport? Did they care about your vaccination history? Was the Moderna a 'full' dose, if you know. Did you receive any vaccination proof or documentation?

Ram. I took my passport and a print of my NHS vaccine records. The whole process was not much more than an hour. I had not pre paid, just walked in. I have a certificate with a 6 number followed by 0000 so I am in the system now. I foolishly forgot to ask about dosage but as my date of birth is wrong on the cert I will ask when I go back next week. If interested just go to 4th floor reception.

26 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Think the rule on 2 Pfizers is the second one must be six months ago

Yes, and my doctor in Oakland said as much. But I'm seeing suggestions that in order to protect against Omicron that rule is being questioned or overridden. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I bet there will be a fourth as Israel has already started. There is no escape from this. 

There will be a forth offered, no doubt but the science on multiple doses gets a bit sketchy at that point. As a scientist, albeit not in this field, I am yet to be convinced,  Three yes, four and more, maybe , with a big question mark at this point. I stopped yearly flu jabs some years back when the advantages turned out to be considerably less (at least for me) than the  reaction I got each time, a massive cold.  

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I have got it last friday Phizer with certificate and QR code
I spent 4 hours waiting...but i have it in my arms.I would recommend it
Go to SIAM BTS station and take the BTS to TAKSIN BTS station.
Take a motorbike to Asiatique (50 baht) At this moment there are no boats.
Show your passport + first 2 vaccin paper...you are done and will get it! FREE

Thanks so much for the info.

If I wasn't 4 hours from Bangkok I'd do it. My second Pfizer was Sept 28, so I'd qualify but I'm hoping boosters will be available locally in a month or two. However, hope is not really a plan.

Plan A remains not being infected. We enjoy our house, garden, and pool, so just don't go out much these days.

Good luck to all of us.