No Booster Shot Before Eligibility

Jonathan Fairfield

42 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

6 months ago was 26th June 2021, Outside of Bangkok and Chonburi, there were no vaccines available for foreigners. I know because I was being told "only for Thai people". ☹️

In Chantaburi province, they have a different dialect...." Foreigner cannot"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

For those that make the effort there is a way. This is not a postcode lottery like when the Pfizer first arrived and was restricted to certain areas. Anyone from any province in Thailand is accepted.

I recommend you try in Prachuap Khiri khan then 

simply put last week no boosters dont know when they are coming

tried to get done  in bang Sue but they will only boost people injected there

So sorry not a walk in get done arrangement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Where can people get the booster?

RAZZ

Are you in Bangkok? Moderna at Bangkok Hospital.  Book via Shopee: https://shopee.co.th/-E-Coupon-Bangkok-Hospital-วัคซีนทางเลือกโมเดอร์นา-(Moderna)-ล็อต-2-i.250344218.12007267023. I paid on 21 December and will have the vaccine on 27th.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

For those that make the effort there is a way. This is not a postcode lottery like when the Pfizer first arrived and was restricted to certain areas. Anyone from any province in Thailand is accepted

That was such a difficult experience to get the Pheizer.

It shouldn't be so difficult.

You need the private sector running the show., Obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

I recommend you try in Prachuap Khiri khan then 

simply put last week no boosters dont know when they are coming

tried to get done  in bang Sue but they will only boost people injected there

So sorry not a walk in get done arrangement

"For those that make the effort there is a way." 

Let me explain my comment better: For those that are prepared to travel to where there are known to be vaccines.

I gave some known locations above.

Wasn't Prachuap Khiri Khan one of the first receipients of the Pfizer vaccine? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Going to need that eligibility changed to every 10 weeks for Pfizzle, if this Israeli news report is accurate.  About five "boosters" per year. Nice.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-agency-pfizer-boosters-ability-to-prevent-symptomatic-covid-wanes-within-weeks/

Sod that for a game of soldiers!

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Going to need that eligibility changed to every 10 weeks for Pfizzle, if this Israeli news report is accurate.  About five "boosters" per year. Nice.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-agency-pfizer-boosters-ability-to-prevent-symptomatic-covid-wanes-within-weeks/

I simply would not accept any more mRNA shots. I have been boosted, but this is now a bleeding-edge strategy field experiment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

That was such a difficult experience to get the Pheizer.

It shouldn't be so difficult.

You need the private sector running the show., Obviously.

In Khon Kaen, it was easier for foreigners to get the Pfizer than Thais. 

It's easy to get the booster now, last week it was walk in free at KICE with the choice of Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

In Khon Kaen, it was easier for foreigners to get the Pfizer than Thais. 

It's easy to get the booster now, last week it was walk in free at KICE with the choice of Pfizer or Moderna.

The Thais in my booster queue around me were all having Moderna as their choice. Good pick as shown by John's link above.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

6 months ago was 26th June 2021, Outside of Bangkok and Chonburi, there were no vaccines available for foreigners. I know because I was being told "only for Thai people". ☹️

Yes my Thai wife was accepted for a booster registration but I was refused because I was a foreigner .....is this because foreigners are immune and cannot infect other people ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Yes my Thai wife was accepted for a booster registration but I was refused because I was a foreigner .....is this because foreigners are immune and cannot infect other people ?

It does appear to be discriminatory. ☹️

48 minutes ago, rbkk said:

"For those that make the effort there is a way." 

Let me explain my comment better: For those that are prepared to travel to where there are known to be vaccines.

I gave some known locations above.

Wasn't Prachuap Khiri Khan one of the first receipients of the Pfizer vaccine? Correct me if I'm wrong.

NO first vaccines here were SIN AZ

Dont know what they are offering now fizer or moderna or AZ either way they have not got any

Isn't BKK Bang Sue far enough to travel????

AND NO!!

i am not running around Thailand farther than that or paying for stuff that might take months to come

i will keep myself tidy and wait, anyway leaving Feb Mar and  get sorted in UK

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

NO first vaccines here were SIN AZ

Dont know what they are offering now fizer or moderna or AZ either way they have not got any

Isn't BKK Bang Sue far enough to travel????

AND NO!!

i am not running around Thailand farther than that or paying for stuff that might take months to come

i will keep myself tidy and wait, anyway leaving Feb Mar and  get sorted in UK

Will you be allowed to travel and fly to the UK without having a booster if you are in the vaccination 'Window" of eligibility?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

MedPark will issue (paid for) Moderna Boosters whenever you want (if you have paid for them)

Brother in Law (owns a restaurant) had his first booster on 10th Nov, he had another Booster on 24th Dec - No one stopped him and informed him that he wasn’t eligible (he’s 40 yrs old). 

I am having my Moderna booster at MedPark (paid for) tomorrow (brother in Law booked that one for me) at 4.5 months since my last Pfizer Vax. 

-----

I’m not worried about the Omicron variant other than the consequences to the convenience of travel if I do catch Covid-19 and which would impact my travel to work. I am hoping the ‘booster’ makes the difference between contracting and not contracting the virus.

People would argue that this vaccine does not stop us catching Omicron, I disagree... if 100,000 un-vaccinated people vs 100,000 vaccinated people come into contract with someone who contagious with Covid-19 (Omicron variant or any other) significantly more un-vaccinated people would contract Covid-19. 

Your booster timing is good. Post-vaccination antibody studies have shown a dropoff 4-5 months after first two jabs of mRNA. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

What's next? Is the medical and scientific world yet zealot enough to recommend vaccinations of the embryo?

I would have thought not, but at the moment all bets are off in our Huxley's and Orwell's dystopian nightmare come true.

I have no links but read months ago of at least two studies that showed antibodies in the fetal blood of vaccinated mothers.

If true it means such children are born vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

I have nothing against the shots. To me it is just a numbers game; being over 80 the numbers are way in favor of getting the shots, and if bad things happen, well, life isn't fair anyway. 

I had a Thai government shot of AZ in June, then in California a Pfizer in July and another Pfizer mid-August. So I'm only 4 months out, 6 is February. But I'm tempted to start looking next month. (I'm back in LOS.) Anyone have any reading or links regarding 5 months out in such a case? I can't see much difference in one month over that stretch of time.

Here is some data on vaccine effectiveness, but doesn't cover your case of mixed vaccines:

15 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I have no links but read months ago of at least two studies that showed antibodies in the fetal blood of vaccinated mothers.

If true it means such children are born vaccinated.

Here is a preprint which shows that antibodies from vaccinated mothers are quite superior to antibodies from infected mothers.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.17.21266415v1.full-text

This immunity has some time limit, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If in Bangkok at Bang Sue. Book on the Dtac vaccine website (I found that one to be most user friendly) and I think you can do walkin at BangSue to get a booster.

I just went on that Dtac website as I am a customer but in the FAQ sections it says that the 3rd shot is not yet available to foreigners.

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Getting three shots is a common option.

This is a given now?

Why not four? Oh, that's round about songkran and already here for healthcare workers.

Personally, five will be the ultimate laff and confirmation the vaccines don't work. Five or fifty or...just have an IV drip and a chip implant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But for those that have had two shots of AZ already many of us are at 3 months plus already.  Waiting until spring puts us out 6 to 8 months from the last jab.  Yet MedPark indicated that I needed to wait until they were notified they could start giving boosters at 3 months.

Very much a Chiang Mai specific answer but we seem to be swimming in boosters. Your initial two jabs determines what your booster will be as long as the second jab was over three months ago. The only odd one is 2 Pfizers (me) which leaves you not eligible for a freebie yet. As my second jab was 9 months ago I paid 1,650B for Moderna at a hospital and got jabbed on the spot. Very efficient.

2 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I just went on that Dtac website as I am a customer but in the FAQ sections it says that the 3rd shot is not yet available to foreigners.

You should report that to your embassy. They can take action. It is not the stated policy of the Thai Government. Dtac appear to be changing the official policy. 3rd shots are available to foreigners at many govt. hospitals and vaccination centres. Perhaps go somewhere else and be treated without racial discrimination.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Very much a Chiang Mai specific answer but we seem to be swimming in boosters. Your initial two jabs determines what your booster will be as long as the second jab was over three months ago. The only odd one is 2 Pfizers (me) which leaves you not eligible for a freebie yet. As my second jab was 9 months ago I paid 1,650B for Moderna at a hospital and got jabbed on the spot. Very efficient.

I thought if you had 2 x Pfizer the "Window" was 6 months and your eligible for a booster (Free). As you were paying for your Moderna booster was it a 0.5 ml (50mcg) or 1 ml (100mcg) dose?

20 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Says Thais and Foreigners on title page

FAQ answers a Sinovac foreigner exclusion.

dtacvaxbs.jpg

• Thanks 1