Charity Football Match

khon kaen boy

Where I live in Khon Kaen (Ban Santisuk) we have a local community centre for the kids which has a boxing ring, punch bag, etc.... I had noticed that the equipment was a bit outdated and thought of an idea to help raise money...a charity football match with the local team vs the local expats.

It took a bit of organising as Felang United had no strips (taken care of cheaply at 120 baht a full kit per person), had to find a venue (local school), line out the pitch in blistering heat and clear the pitch of rocks, big eskie full of water, coke and beer !!

Well what a great (long) day was had by all and we raised 7500 baht for the equipment, maybe about 150 spectators, it actually brought the locals closer to the local felang populace.

This is something we are going to do on a regular basis now with a different charity benefitting each time, maybe every two months as my work permits......the day was rounded off with a barbeque at mine's with a few beers thrown in.

So if there are any budding Beckham's out there just let me know and will give details of next game.

Oh almost forgot FELANG UNITED 6 SANTISUK CITY 3

KK Boy