British family's appeal to get Morpeth teacher home from Thailand after she fell 20ft when balcony collapsed

webfact

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yet I have pals who swear by the treatment they got at one......

Government hospitals are usually crowded and inefficient in comparison to private hospitals. They are cheaper though.

The staff usually earn their stripes at government hospitals then go work at private ones for better salaries.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:01 AM, smedly said:

from what I read she needs to just wait at home for  few weeks until she is strong enough to travel, at that time I see no reason why she cannot get on a plane with a relative to accompany her - a business class seat will likely help with this, she will not be the only person to have ever travelled on a plane without full mobility  

Hope she recovers fully over time 

It's difficult without knowing all the facts but it would seem to make sense to use any money to make sure she gets good medical treatment which should be available in Thailand and then fly back. Depending on her condition it would probably be very expensive to be flown home in her present condition.

Was that 9 days or so in ICU?  and in private hospital? plain scumbags,they would have known the extent of treatment needed yet chose to bleed her dry.  Once injuries accessed,placed on spinal board and moved to ward,far cheaper.

Options? Malaysia airways,buy coach then bid for business before take off,or Air India  cheapo get me home

Poor girl 

Does anyone know where in Thailand this lady was teaching ? Seems she left the UK in a hurry prior to a court case in 2016 where she had been suspended from her then school for helping out with inflated results for some of the children under her wings. I believe in educational terms it’s referred to as assisting pupils to cheat. Prior to this she had also been suspended for an “unrelated” reason .

In her absence she was subsequently proven guilty and banned from teaching for a minimum of 2 years in the UK. It is the irony of some on this forum that think the British Government should somehow be responsible in baling these untrustworthy characters out ? 

I of course accept that what this lady has been accused of and subsequently found guilty of is a relative “ misdemeanor “ when compared to more serious offenses ( and I sincerely wish her a full recovery) but none the less please stop scapegoating the British Government for every reckless Tom,Dick or Harriet who decides to do a runner to foreign climbs and does not have the basic common sense or intelligence (despite being a teacher) to takeout adequate medical insurance. 

Correction to above post, it was a disciplinary education conduct panel rather than a court case that banned the teacher for a minimum of 2 years. It seems she was teaching on Koh Samui when the unfortunate accident happened.

Edited by brizzle

On 12/29/2021 at 9:15 AM, Dmaxdan said:

It's because being accountable and excepting responsibility for something that you personally own and maintain are extremely rare here. 

When accidents happen, it is always someone else's fault.

of course it's her fault using Thai logic , if she wasn't here in Thailand it wouldn't have happened - see, such an easy out. 

4 hours ago, brizzle said:

Does anyone know where in Thailand this lady was teaching ? Seems she left the UK in a hurry prior to a court case in 2016 where she had been suspended from her then school for helping out with inflated results for some of the children under her wings. I believe in educational terms it’s referred to as assisting pupils to cheat. Prior to this she had also been suspended for an “unrelated” reason .

In her absence she was subsequently proven guilty and banned from teaching for a minimum of 2 years in the UK. It is the irony of some on this forum that think the British Government should somehow be responsible in baling these untrustworthy characters out ? 

I of course accept that what this lady has been accused of and subsequently found guilty of is a relative “ misdemeanor “ when compared to more serious offenses ( and I sincerely wish her a full recovery) but none the less please stop scapegoating the British Government for every reckless Tom,Dick or Harriet who decides to do a runner to foreign climbs and does not have the basic common sense or intelligence (despite being a teacher) to takeout adequate medical insurance. 

pleased you took the time to post that information, it's such a valid and important lead up to the unfortunate accident she has suffered. 

Well done , keep up your investigative reporting- it really suits you. 

On 12/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I suggested assistance. I did not mention  financial  assistance but I would not preclude a loan of some sort. But to neglect a citizens in pain and distress and turn them into an international  beggar and just wqsh their hand of them is deeply shameful.

I think you misunderstand the point of embassies and embassy staff abroad . They definitely do not give money or provide loans. They are bound by the limits of their diplomatic mission. No more no less. They haven't washed their hands of anybody to be honest to suggest otherwise shows very little knowledge of the purpose of an embassy or consulate.

Edited by starky