Phuket: 3,000 - 4,000 tourists arriving daily - about 20-30 with Omicron

webfact

Nice File Photo  So 28,000 per week Divide by 2.5 to be kind = on average 11,200 rooms booked???? Don.t thing so. Bet they are mostly internal and not International tourist. Not that I believe that number anyway. Air is a wonderful thing. it never ceases to amaze me what you can pick out off it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, orang37 said:

I can't find the part of the announcement that says that everyone in an arriving plane with a passenger who tests positive for Covid has been quarantined.

I wonder why that's missing ????

Maybe it's missing because that's not happening, every passenger on the plane is not been quarantined. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Honestly do not see this as a valid argument. If its in Thailand already you need to be testing the entire populace every five days. The chances per head count of incoming tourists having covid after being vaccinated maybe 3 times and having 2 tests i think is far less than a random amount of thais in the public domain not taking any tests.

Valid point but also part blame on the infected farang perhaps….being vaccinated boostered doesnt mean you should drop your guard.  Wear the damn mask, follow protocols.    

16 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

So all the latest data (so called) is Phuket how come Samui never gets a mention are they  keeping it quite? as it stands Samui has many tourists arriving I take it the little island is completely free from Covid whatever the variant. i have to say the vaccine program is top notch.   

What business do you own ?

Samui, that's one boring, expensive place.  Why anyone goes there is amazing.  Plenty of covid there also.

23 hours ago, vVDB said:

How many farangs without a helmet when there is hardly any who dare at home ...

The smallest motorbike here is 125cm³, how many farangs have the driving license for it ?

So why is the motorcycle test limited to 110cc? FYI I have a full UK motorcycle licence plus a full Thai motorcycle licence and when I ride I ALWAYS wear a helmet. So does my 17 year old son. 

f you are a serious biker you know that a helmet offers  far more protection for your life than a face mask.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, OldPedro said:

As much as I love Thailand, the risk of being exposed or infected by someone on the plane, or of getting a false positive PCR test, is too great, considering the consequences .....extended quarantine or a stay in hospital at the Thai Authorities' pleasure, at my expense.

Looks like another wasted year, which I can ill afford at the age of 77 !

I'm also a bit nervous about all these risks, as I'm flying to Thailand in a few days. The plan is to get back to my wife up country, whom I have not seen for over 1/2 year now. And yes, as one gets older (I'm going close to 70 already!), all that time lost hurts, I know the feeling and I sympathise with you.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:55 PM, Unify said:

I'm not saying Sinovac is good. But that study, as far as I can tell, is measuring antibody levels only. There are other aspects of protection from vaccines.

B cell and T cell protection by Omicron and Sinovac? Think again. Same as by flu adjusted vaccines each year by this type of vaccine.