New O-A visa entry rejected in suvarnabhumi immigration

Hello, I have a new OA 1 year sticker visa issued from my home country (india). This visa was issued by a consulate in my country in December  ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ LAST year and as per the requirement from consulate I purchased (online) and submitted an insurance for 40K OPD and 400K IPD (asked by the consulate as additional documents with this specification)

But upon arrival at suvarnabhumi the immigration did not allow me entry based on this insurance and asked me for a 3M insurance. Since there was no way I could purchase or arrange it right there, I opted for an on arrival visa (15 days) and entered the country. The O A visa was unused.

can someone please suggest what are my options? Even If I purchase a insurance now, do I still need to leave the country and re enter using my Non OA visa? I am really trying to avoid another flight out of the country right now.

PS: posting on behalf of someone else

Edited by theghizmo

Apparently the consulate was not aware of the new rules that went into effect on October 1st of last year.

If you are able to get the correct insurance immigration may change your 15 entry entry to one year. When the immigration order for the insurance was issued in 2019 it had a clause for having the entry changed to one year.

You will need to purchase the insurance from the companies listed here. https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesoa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently the consulate was not aware of the new rules that went into effect on October 1st of last year.

If you are able to get the correct insurance immigration may change your 15 entry entry to one year. When the immigration order for the insurance was issued in 2019 it had a clause for having the entry changed to one year.

You will need to purchase the insurance from the companies listed here. https://longstay.tgia.org/companiesoa

I see, so buy insurance, go out of country then come back? Or something can be done at Chaengwattana it self

20 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

I see, so buy insurance, go out of country then come back? Or something can be done at Chaengwattana it self

You should not have to leave the country.

Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani immigration should be apply to change you stamp to one year if you can show the correct insurance since it is clear that the embassy or consulate made a grievous error when they issued your OA visa.

Just be sure you do it before your 15 days stay ends.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should not have to leave the country.

Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani immigration should be apply to change you stamp to one year if you can show the correct insurance since it is clear that the embassy or consulate made a grievous error when they issued your OA visa.

Just be sure you do it before your 15 days stay ends.

Thanks 

Yes, the problem is that they change the rules so often and in such a confusing manner that nobody can keep up.  Not the traveler and neither the embassies and consulates.  It is very common for Thai consulates to not know the rules, or to apply them wrongly. 
In your case I think yes, travel out of Thailand, get the latest rules on the insurance, get the insurance, whatever will be the flavor of that day, and enter Thailand again.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

I talked with a couple of agents, they suggested I get a covid extension, arrange for a insurance and then re enter the country.

Any suggestions for the insurance? The insurance which i have right now seems worthless 

This is a link for Thai insurance companies that will be accepted for immigration

https://longstay.tgia.org/