One person dead, several injured and flee after violent brawl at Tree Town market area, say Pattaya Police

webfact

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sadly the world is not a safe place. 

As an individual you need to put in place controls to mitigate the dangers, wherever you are. 

Be accountable for your actions. 

People, living their life as a snowflake, blaming others for their misery, childlike behaviors.... I see this too many times these days. 

Indded it is not a safe place , never was but I would sooner live quietly up here than in P.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

Can someone explain to me what scubascuba means with his "roid" guys. Can find no reference in dictionary. Just want to make sure I keep clear of them on my next visit to Soi Buakhao.

roids = steroids. so I guess he means bodybuilder types as that is the stereotype.

• Like 1

The Covid-19 testing team told Lt. Col Krikrit that the incident stemmed from a group of several men, as many as seven, who were arguing heatedly that escalated into a physical brawl directly in front of dozens of shocked tourists and visitors to nearby venues.

Welcome to the real Thailand, and these incidents will no doubt increase, as the financial realities of almost two years with no tourism kick in.

The victim, Mr. Narawit, became wounded in the original brawl and attempted to flee but according to the witnesses from the testing team, he fell near their booth and was brutally attacked by several men while lying on the ground. The attack reportedly included kicking the victim in the face, stomping him, and stabbing him with a sharp blade in the chest.

A cowardly and brutal attack. Hope they catch the perpetrators and charge them with murder. Not holding my breath though.

Sure we will hear more about what happenned here but bit confused about where this happenned as the story says it was by the testing station which i thought was at the front of treetown but the pic looks to be outside the Beach Club which is further in.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sadly the world is not a safe place. 

As an individual you need to put in place controls to mitigate the dangers, wherever you are. 

Be accountable for your actions. 

People, living their life as a snowflake, blaming others for their misery, childlike behaviors.... I see this too many times these days. 

Agreed, if it’s dark if there are noisy people looking for a ruck why go down that Soi, now if there is one or most 2 little sh!ts looking for trouble to brighten up there evening, game on.

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yep, now the tourists have been coming back soi Buakhao has become a place of aggression, also the streets are full of these tourists on their scooters and cars with horns blasting.

I did like the covid, closed border times, very peaceful. 

yes i agree nice and peaceful without tourist..Nothing open...people starving .. business closed..great times also this post didn't say it was tourists poor guy killed doesn't sound a very European  does he

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are fortunate.... but mostly if one stays clear, that will be the case. I have seen gangs of drunken yobs drunk or drugged chasing each other through the streets of Pattaya with sticks and rocks.... now they carry knives. 

the only reason they carry knives is they ain't got cash for guns eh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You must be old...

I think he's trying to say, before LK was built. 

I remember when all the shop houses were built in LK metro, back in the day they were selling single units for around 4M baht. 

Stupid me bought a house for the family to live in, I should have bought a few shop houses in LK 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What I am afraid of is and will be the damned virus. I didn't mix with the most crowded places.

Might be a bit of topic but i believe every one sooner or later will become infected.

what happens after that is any ones guess but i have had two vaccinations and i hope

they will protect me from major illness.

So i just go on with daily life and see what will happen,i am not hoping to get infected but i really believe it is just a matter of time for all of us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are fortunate.... but mostly if one stays clear, that will be the case. I have seen gangs of drunken yobs drunk or drugged chasing each other through the streets of Pattaya with sticks and rocks.... now they carry knives. 

Been here 23 years (and have a few great Thai male friends ) BUT as a general rule of thumb avoid Thai males as much as possible

Even family ones!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

So random, guy is stabbed to death and you go on about no foot paths...

Random, the stabbing  maybe at tree town, but theres violence daily at tree town.  He's correct to mention the way of egress,  as there are no traffic lights no police, and the crowds alone are over flowing at time inti the street often results in conflict.  It's over crowded and certainly plays unto the agressive nature.  Where do you walk?  You write as if you are never almost ran over, or have yo dodge the free for all on the roads now.

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

the only reason they carry knives is they ain't got cash for guns eh

Not true, they know how to make zip guns, its just that blades are the culture,  It's easy for them to legally  carry blades anywhere, guns are not legal for them.  If the gentleman  that was killed had a gun on him then he might be alive and the others not!

4 hours ago, Orac said:

Sure we will hear more about what happenned here but bit confused about where this happenned as the story says it was by the testing station which i thought was at the front of treetown but the pic looks to be outside the Beach Club which is further in.

Looks like it was right beside the Pool at the gate.  Literally behind the giant two story outdoor night club, that rivals the ibar now.  Its just too small a place for the mass Sausage  fest tgat is Pattaya  now

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Welcome to the real Thailand, and these incidents will no doubt increase, as the financial realities of almost two years with no tourism kick in.

A cowardly and brutal attack. Hope they catch the perpetrators and charge them with murder. Not holding my breath though.

Could this be mafia related?

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Been here 23 years (and have a few great Thai male friends ) BUT as a general rule of thumb avoid Thai males as much as possible

Even family ones!

unfortunately true, I avoid them but I have a great brother in law who I trust and has been a best friend now for 20 years, and a few more, all depends on the gambling, whiskey, spoiltness and poverty, unfortunately in all societies, I avoid most NZ males as they are red necked and arrogant, thats my opinion only, and not fact ,that I would have to post a peer reviewed link to, cheers all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't a "random guy", he was a member of a specfic group of people who apparently arranged to be there!

The "random" part was aimed at the poster complaining about no side walks being dangerous...in a thread where a guy was stabbed to death, much more dangerous no?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1