Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Anyone read Thai? Barrow says it's now locked out after 10 Jan

???? BREAKING: The Ministry of Public Health is now recommending extending the suspension of new applications for Test & Go until the end of the month and they also propose, those who already have a Thailand Pass for Test & Go, must enter before 10 January. Follow @ThaiNewsReports on Twitter for regular updates.

Source: ด่วน! 'อนุทิน' สั่งสธ. ชงศบค.เลื่อนเปิด 'Test and go' ถึง 31 ม.ค. หลังโอมิครอนพุ่ง https://www.matichon.co.th/covid19/news_3114611

That will make it interesting for all of those that have been pre-approved and planned trips here in February and had it all confirmed with a QR Code.  If they do not grandfathered those in who already knew they would have to take a second test then this will create some big headaches.  My approval is for late February, but then if needed I can just do the sandbox unless they kill that off as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

After January 10, anyone who enters Thailand would only be able to do so via the Phuket Sandbox.

So how can I enter via Phuket Sandbox when my flight arrives in Bangkok 12 Jan with hotel, taxi and PCR Tests already paid for Bangkok...

Have you been approved for the Phuket Sandbox or the Test and Go?  Also, I believe one can still complete a 7, 10 or 14 Quarantine in BKK.  The amount of time in Quarantine would depend on your vaccination status and country of departure.  

2 minutes ago, charmonman said:

This must be a mistake unless for some reason they have decided to cancel the ASQ program, which would be a strange decision indeed. Should read "able to do so via the Phuket Sandbox or via quarantine". Am I wrong?

One can only hope you're right - but then, you never know, because: TiT...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stigar said:

Hold ur breath.U never know what can happend.Thats why i booked my fligth in late march.Im not pay anything in advance..its to risky.

I have always travel fast! Like nothing plan if i go i go! Normaly when decide i flight next day! Now not possible. Im bist to all kind request's, never before has travel country's where i have to apply entrance forward!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Approved 1 day Test & Go in Bangkok all paid for, was arriving 13 Jan...if I was willing to do 7 days ASQ I would have done it ages ago....Thailand is a disaster with every tourist reccomended to go anywhere but there...

Then you might have to change your flight and of course then you have to apply for a new Thailand Pass.  Now that you explained it, I have empathy for you.  Good luck.  

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Really, it's clearly stated in multiple reports that no entry via test & go after 10 Jan....flights, hotel, taxi, PCR tests wasted ????

do you have a source for that? AFAIK the grandfathering of the before Dec21(?) approved T&Gs is still valid.

• Thanks 1