Thailand’s schools told to self-assess for COVID-19 risks in managing classes

webfact

school-reopening-2.jpg

Thailand’s schools have been instructed to self-assess for COVID-19 risks in managing their classes, in the Ministry of Education’s latest announcement published yesterday (Monday) outlining some measures for schools across the country to follow, amid fears of Omicron spread following the long New Year’s holidays.

According to Education Minister Treenuch Thienthong, all schools should carefully assess students and teaching staff who may be among the at-risk group and to consider moving from on-site learning to online and other platforms, in close coordination with the communicable disease committee in each province.

The announcement came as some schools already decided to temporarily suspend their onsite learning for at least two weeks this month due to concerns over the new COVID-19 variant.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-schools-told-to-self-assess-for-covid-19-risks-in-managing-classes/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Yup. Given all the New Year's travel, we're now teaching from home this week, and possibly next week also.

And the week after.... kids are more vulnerable to Omicron apparently and more sick than adults

Edited by ikke1959

My P5 son (11 yrs old) who has not had a vaccine yet is at home today. My choice. His private school is giving the parents the choice. Only 4 absent from a class size of 26.

My M5 daughter (17 yrs old) has had 2x Pfizer vaccines. Her school has gone back to online classes for this week. No choice.

So, the vaccinated are told to stay at home and the unvaccinated are given the option to travel to school. The schools are only 1km apart yet different directors have differing opinions about the safest way forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s schools have been instructed to self-assess for COVID-19 risks in managing their classes, in the Ministry of Education’s latest announcement published yesterday (Monday) outlining some measures for schools across the country to follow, amid fears of Omicron spread following the long New Year’s holidays.

In my province not all the schools have even re-opened.

I had lunch last week with two teachers who are as frustrated as hell that they are still teaching online.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At least schools are getting some choice and not being forced to close.  My 6-year-old son's school is due to open tomorrow, for kids with a negative ATK test, and I'm desperately hoping there won't be a last minute, panicked, change of mind!

So the school administrators have more knowledge than MORH. Sounds like a cop-out by the minister of Education.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:31 PM, ikke1959 said:

And the week after.... kids are more vulnerable to Omicron apparently and more sick than adults

Some of my students have tested positive. They're in the hospital now. In spite of this, some are still joining my online classes. Aww.

Thus, we got word that next week will continue to be online, and possibly the rest of the month.

I also teach intl adults online, so this would explain the rest of this month's available bookings suddenly disappearing on that platform. Many other teachers in Thailand are doing as I, and now grabbing the opportunity to make more extra cash.