Changing sand/media.

up2you2

15 hours ago, Bagwain said:

I can supply.

What size filter?

Take a picture of the spec plate on the side of the filter.

You need 80% of sand weight.

That would be great.
Does the Plate glass version also come in course and fine as the bottle glass version do?

The filter is installed in a house I just bought last week, so I do not know much about it and there is no data plate. However calculating the volume it seems to be roughly 65L.
From information I have been able to gather online that would equate to about 100kg of sand so 75-80kg glass.

11 minutes ago, Granit said:

That would be great.
Does the Plate glass version also come in course and fine as the bottle glass version do?

The filter is installed in a house I just bought last week, so I do not know much about it and there is no data plate. However calculating the volume it seems to be roughly 65L.
From information I have been able to gather online that would equate to about 100kg of sand so 75-80kg glass.

You only need coarse with very large filters.

Measure the diameter for me to give corect quantities.

Is it side mount or top mount MPV? (Multi port vavlve)

On 7/27/2022 at 8:11 AM, Bagwain said:

You only need coarse with very large filters.

Measure the diameter for me to give corect quantities.

Is it side mount or top mount MPV? (Multi port vavlve)

I have attached a picture of the filters, I intend to start with replacing the media in one of them.
The distance between top and bottom flange is 122cm, and the diameter of the circular section is 27 cm.

How is it that only course media would be required, what are the benefits/drawbacks of using course vs fine or both?

IMG_20220724_084608.jpg

Edited by Granit

1 hour ago, Granit said:

I have attached a picture of the filters, I intend to start with replacing the media in one of them.
The distance between top and bottom flange is 122cm, and the diameter of the circular section is 27 cm.

How is it that only course media would be required, what are the benefits/drawbacks of using course vs fine or both?

IMG_20220724_084608.jpg

Coarse Eco is only used in very large filters to cover the dispersers on the bottom. Most filters we only use the small including house filters.

I am glad you sent oictures as I though you where talking about a pool filter.

I typically throw these types of filters out & replace with fibreglass. These in the pictures are cheap 304 stainless and will be pitted inside from corrosive water. In particular iron in the water creates an acid which also damages the inside.  If one has carbon, it will most likely be a solid block now. The PVC looks like it will be brittle as well. You may find you will have a hell of a time once you start pulling them apart. I strongly recomend changing to fibreglass POE filters. Fibreglass is impervious to damage from harsh water & menerals. One with Eco & other with resin softner.

See attached pcture of POE house filter. The one in the pic is 12" and takes 60 kilo Eco

POE Filter.jpg

On 7/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, Bagwain said:

Coarse Eco is only used in very large filters to cover the dispersers on the bottom. Most filters we only use the small including house filters.

I typically throw these types of filters out & replace with fibreglass. These in the pictures are cheap 304 stainless and will be pitted inside from corrosive water. In particular iron in the water creates an acid which also damages the inside.  If one has carbon, it will most likely be a solid block now. The PVC looks like it will be brittle as well. You may find you will have a hell of a time once you start pulling them apart. I strongly recomend changing to fibreglass POE filters. Fibreglass is impervious to damage from harsh water & menerals. One with Eco & other with resin softner.

See attached pcture of POE house filter. The one in the pic is 12" and takes 60 kilo Eco

POE Filter.jpg

I was hoping I wouldn´t have to change them out straight away, but you are probably right in that they should be replaced asap.

I will se what filter housing I can find and get back to you once I know what housing I settle with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, Bagwain said:

POE Filter.jpg

Hi again

So I purchased new filter housings, I think they are very similar to the one you show in the picture. 12" diameter and 52" in height. Should come out to an internal volume of around 97 Liters.
How many Kg´s of Eco will that be?

5 hours ago, Granit said:

Hi again

So I purchased new filter housings, I think they are very similar to the one you show in the picture. 12" diameter and 52" in height. Should come out to an internal volume of around 97 Liters.
How many Kg´s of Eco will that be?

Approx 60 kg.

Bags come in 25 kg.

So you need 3 (Use 2 1/2)