Thai woman with Thaipass QR refused boarding

bunnydrops

A friend of mine's wife was refused boarding on a Delta flight out of Alanta. She had a QR with the green "Exemption From Quarantine" on the bottom of the page. She was told that things had changed and she now had to get 6 more quarantine nights to be allowed on the plane. She called the hotel but they couldn't do it because they were all booked up. She missed her flight. Anyone heard of this happening before? My wife has the same QR and is set to leave in a few days.

That sucks, I hope Delta will at least refund her ticket when they realize their mistake, the policy clearly states that Thai Passes  already issued will be honored until the 10th. 

Not to change the subject, but her first mistake was flying with Delta, every single time I flew with them I had problems, now I would not fly with them for free. 

Edited by sirineou

She had flown into Atlanta from her home in SC on the first leg and had to buy a ticket back home. The Atlanta flight would have been the international leg. I think she should get her money back for her covid test, the flight back and some extra for the mix up.

• Like 1

UPDATE

It was Deltas partner Korean Air that refused her. Delta gave her the money back for the flight back to SC and said they would put her on a plane with her Covid test, but did not have a flight going out that would meet the 72 hr Thaipass limit.

She canceled everything.

8 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

UPDATE

It was Deltas partner Korean Air that refused her. Delta gave her the money back for the flight back to SC and said they would put her on a plane with her Covid test, but did not have a flight going out that would meet the 72 hr Thaipass limit.

She canceled everything.

Thanks for the update.

I'm really worried because Test&go is removed from IATA and that is the main guideline for the airlines... 

7 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

UPDATE

She canceled everything.

Outrageous - the airline made a mistake and royally screwed up her plans. 

Anyone holding Test & Go approval can travel until 10th, which is 100% confirmed (as of now).

Today (7th) it is likely to be announced that anyone holding Test & Go approval can travel until 15th.

7 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Thanks for the update.

I'm really worried because Test&go is removed from IATA and that is the main guideline for the airlines... 

Have a ‘back up plan’..... 

Apply for Alternative Quarantine booking *(with the same documentation)... this ‘should’ yield an instant approval and QR result. 

Then, IF the airline are being difficult on check-in, at least you ‘also’ have an approval and QR code for the Alternative Quarantine and meet their ‘check-box’ requirements. 

NOTE: when booking ‘Test and Go’ in Nov...... approval was taking too long... so I applied for AQ just in case, so at least I could get on a plane and get into Thailand and then deal with he issue of ‘what I can do’... I used the 1 night Test & Go hotel booking and still received approval for 7 days AQ !!!!!.....   

That little ‘loophole’ to secure a QR code and approval may still be there..... There’s no harm in trying (for peace of mind) it doesn’t displace an existing approval.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have a ‘back up plan’..... 

Apply for Alternative Quarantine booking *(with the same documentation)... this ‘should’ yield an instant approval and QR result. 

Then, IF the airline are being difficult on check-in, at least you ‘also’ have an approval and QR code for the Alternative Quarantine and meet their ‘check-box’ requirements. 

NOTE: when booking ‘Test and Go’ in Nov...... approval was taking too long... so I applied for AQ just in case, so at least I could get on a plane and get into Thailand and then deal with he issue of ‘what I can do’... I used the 1 night Test & Go hotel booking and still received approval for 7 days AQ !!!!!.....   

That little ‘loophole’ to secure a QR code and approval may still be there..... There’s no harm in trying (for peace of mind) it doesn’t displace an existing approval.

I have a flight in 25 hours, there is no more time for plan b ????

6 hours ago, ololosha said:

I have a flight in 25 hours, there is no more time for plan b ????

Actually there is still time for the ‘Alternative Quarantine’ Thailand Pass Application as a back up plan because the QR Code AQ approval is often instant (and if it isn’t at least you’ve tried).

This means you have a QR Code for entry (7 day alternative quarantine) which is noted on the IATA site - thus, an airline cannot prevent you from travelling on that ’technical error’.

That gets you onto the plane. When in Thailand you can show your ‘Test & Go QR Code’.... 

9 hours ago, ololosha said:

Thanks for the update.

The new rules should be published in a NOTAM by Thai CAA, the NOTAM being what airlines should follow - the latest NOTAM is still this one from 21 Dec which doesn't say anything about 10 Jan per se. Of course I appreciate that airline check in counter staff probably won't care ...

VTBB   BANGKOK ACC/FIC/COM CENTRE
A2693/21 - COVID-19:  
  THAILAND REVISED PROTOCOL REGARDING THE THAILAND PASS REGISTRATION 
  SYSTEM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REVISED MEASURES FOR ENTERING INTO 
  THAILAND AS FLW: 
  THAILAND PASS WILL BE CLSD FOR ALL NEW TEST AND GO AND SANDBOX 
  APPLICATIONS (EXCEPT PHUKET SANDBOX) 
  NEW MEASURES APPLY FOR ALL APPLICANTS ON THAILAND PASS ARE AS FLW:
  1.APPLICANTS WHO HAVE RECEIVED THEIR THAILAND PASS QR CODE CAN 
    ENTER THAILAND UNDER THE SCHEME THEY HAVE REGISTERED.
  2.APPLICANTS WHO HAVE REGISTERED, BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEIR QR
    CODE MUST WAIT FOR THEIR THAILAND PASS TO BE CONSIDERED/APPROVED.
    ONCE APPROVED, THEY CAN ENTER THAILAND UNDER THE SCHEME THEY
    HAVE REGISTERED.
  3.NEW APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR TEST AND GO AND 
    SANDBOX MEASURES (EXCEPT PHUKET SANDBOX), THAILAND PASS WILL ONLY
    ACCEPT NEW APPLICANTS SEEKING TO ENTER THAILAND UNDER ALTERNATIVE
    QUARANTINE (AQ) OR PHUKET SANDBOX ONLY.
  4.PAX WHO WILL ARR IN THAILAND UNDER TEST AND GO AND SANDBOX 
    PROGRAMME MUST UNDERGO THEIR 2ND COVID-19 TEST USING THE 
    RT-PCR TECHNIQUE (NOT ATK SELF-TEST) AT GOVERNMENT-DESIGNATED 
    FACILITIES (NO ADDITIONAL COST. 21 DEC 17:00 2021 UNTIL 31 JAN 17:00 2022.
CREATED: 21 DEC 11:47 2021

https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/

(The original CAAT NOTAM is here https://ais.caat.or.th/file/notam/161/NOTAM LIST A JAN 2022.pdf)

• Like 1