Novak Djokovic’s deportation has raised the issue of the right to remain unvaccinated

webfact

What a disgrace! We have had 6 lockdowns - schools and small businesses closed, funerals and weddings told not to go ahead, families separated for months on end and now a tennis star gets an exemption. A kick in the guts to every Victorian. #springst #AusOpen
Share this Tweet

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

World number one, didn't follow the entry rules!

World number one was falsly informed by the organizer that gave him a go, though the organizer knew about the rules

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Happy to show you once again:

What does that say to you or to anyone else reading?

That you consider it "factually incorrect" to assert the vaccinated people can get COVID-19. English is my first language. 

Maybe you can explain what you meant by that statement; rather than ignoring it each time I ask you about it.

Just cut the lies and show me where I explicitly stated that vaccinated people won't get covid. Quit the weasel words.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They were not widely  popular  nor was locking  citizens out of the country.

"Lockdowns aren’t a public health policy. They signify a failure of public health policy"

Professor Mark Woolhouse, Edinburgh University

Even if you  are right  in your  belief the Novak scandal and other elites being held to different  levels of accountability by the Australian government  is a disgrace.  People suffered

Most Australian have not been radicalised by Murdoch and have never read Cacun Cruz's Twitter feed.

Most prefer their pandemics to have a health response not a political one.

The numbers speak for themselves. US 835k deaths vs OZ 2k deaths.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...an organiser that didn't have the authority to give him a "go".

If you're invited by the organizer of a famous tournament - not a beer bar invent - after providing the required documents, that you can play, would you not think the information is correct?

Disgusting, if the organizer really was correctly informed by the government, that the rules do not apply to non-Australians and nevertheless misinformed the player. So who's to blame?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...an organiser that didn't have the authority to give him a "go".

If you're invited by the organizer of a famous tournament - not a beer bar invent - after providing the required documents, that you can play, would you not think the information is correct?

Yes, I would assume that...but it wasn't correct, that's the point.

""Former Australian Rules player Kevin Bartlett tweeted that Australians "have been taken for fools."

Another former AFL player Corey McKernan tweeted: "People with loved ones who are dying/some needing urgent treatment cannot get into their own states.

"You tell people they can't go to Coles or a cafe without being vaxxed but if you're world number one you get a pass?"

Sports journalist Andy Maher wrote on Twitter: "Australians have been denied for two years, but this bloke - who's taken extraordinary liberties in the face of the coronavirus - gets his exemption.

"Novak Djokovic is an all-time great, but he ain't essential."

Several Australians responded to Djokovic on Twitter, with one saying the exemption had gone down "like a lead balloon".

One added: "A medical exemption? Very few people have medical reasons not to be vaccinated. Don't expect a good reception when you get here."

Another said: "This is insensitive to us locals, Novak. I've just had my third shot, after spending most of last year working & schooling from home, for myself, my fam & community. Victorians have done it tough. Maybe if you empathised, you'd have some support, but expect a hostile reception""

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I would assume that...but it wasn't correct, that's the point.

Agree. It was not correct. But not Djoko's fault in the first place imo.

If the German report is correct, I would sue the organizer, if I were him.

Do Tennis players need a visa when travelling to an Australian tournament?

What is clear is that the world has gotten a little bit more mad. 

People want others to suffer because they consider that they suffered.

New kinds of discrimination; vaccinated against the unvaccinated...and using anything they can find as a weapon.

Wearing a mask reduces the spread too. Vaccination was mainly for preparing against serious illness. But the bitter vaccinated wanted to force people anyway. 

It's totally stupid and won't work. New research states that going shopping is possibly the riskiest activity outside of the home. Are you going to force people to show their vaccination status before they can buy food?

It's disgusting.

Being vaccinated does not stop you from catching and spreading the disease. It just reduces the incidence; just like wearing masks and taking precautions.

But idiots use vaccination status to divide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:
14 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

so another player incorrectly informed by the organizer...

A village festival organizer in Isan what do better.

The Australian response to covid was highly effective up to recently when the wheels fell off and now few countries can infect the population with corona virus better than Australia now. They have gone from virtually no COVID cases to a meltdown of cases.

5 minutes ago, fjb 24 said:

The Australian response to covid was highly effective up to recently when the wheels fell off and now few countries can infect the population with corona virus better than Australia now. They have gone from virtually no COVID cases to a meltdown of cases.

I didn't doubt that. So what has your reply todo with my post, you've quoted?

Edited by JustAnotherHun

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I didn't doubt that. So what has your reply todo with my post, you've quoted?

Oh, I just wanted to hi-lite that they can "manage as good or better than Isaan", show contrast. You understand?

41 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The Australian Grubbyment gave Novax the go by issuing him a valid visa and have since retracted the visa after some snowflakes had a little cry.The woman tennis player actually played a warmup tournament before her visa issued by the same Grubbymennt and so after retracting Novax's visa decided to retract her visa.Smells a lot like political point scoring.The same Grubbyment said vaccination was the only way out of the pandemic and to flatten the infamous curve, well said curve is looking decidedly unflat with 110,000 infections reported today which coincides with a 90+% national vaccination rate, so instead of reducing infections the stats might indicate that vaccinations have in fact increased the infection rate?Statistics are like that and can be interpreted in many different ways.The reported world leading medical system (as boasted by Scotty from marketing) took elderly covid infected patients from hospitals and placed them back into their aged care homes to infect many other elderly residents hundreds of which died.The medical experts said that Corona viruses don't mutated very quickly, seems they were wrong about that also.The medical experts have gotten so many things wrong it's hard to have any faith in them anymore and the more they say trust us the more I think about people who say trust me I'm from the Grubbyment and I'm here to help. 

Hi Far Flung

I think when they offer a visa it is based on the premise that the information held within it is correct. When they checked it at the airport on arrival it it seems he couldn't back it up. It appears to be Tennis Australia's fault though you think a tennis player like him might check independently. .

Australia went hard on the tougher types of covid of course, particularly when there was no vaccine, or when it was being rolled out. The roll out was slow, and there were bad errors with a few nursing homes out of 100's or 1000's as you say,  but states did a good job keeping people safe. Thanks Dan. I was not impressed with some limits to travel between states though which got a bit silly. 

Now of course it's a weaker but more contagious variant and people have had the chance to get vaccinated and lockdowns are pretty much done and its up to the individual to stay safe. I haven't heard that being vaccinated could increase the infection rate. Heard the opposite. 

The experts have done their best. Vaccines were created.  I heard them in fact say it is normal for it to mutate. They got so much right. Thanks Dr Fauci. 

I think the Australian government has done good in a difficult situation. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

Hard to feel sorry for this guy.

Not content with just being an anti-vaxer, in June 2020, he decided to hold a wild party in a Serbian nightclub for many European tennis players in town for Djokovic's charity tournament.

Two world ranked players caught covid and the tournament had to be cancelled before the finals.

• Like 2

Of course the issue is that once people got vaccinated, they let their guard down. Look at how many new tourists/arrivals are walking around with no mask or with it just hanging below their chins. Of course infections are going to go up. Those vaccinated people couldn't care less. They just want to do whatever they want. 

Anyone not vaccinated can suffer for all they care. Their personal freedom is all that matters to them. But they don't care about the personal freedom of someone who has a different perception than theirs. Those other people must be forced to have a vaccine.....cheerleaders for it even. Knuckle draggers really. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Of course the issue is that once people got vaccinated, they let their guard down. Look at how many new tourists/arrivals are walking around with no mask or with it just hanging below their chins. Of course infections are going to go up. Those vaccinated people couldn't care less. They just want to do whatever they want. 

Anyone not vaccinated can suffer for all they care. Their personal freedom is all that matters to them. But they don't care about the personal freedom of someone who has a different perception than theirs. Those other people must be forced to have a vaccine.....cheerleaders for it even. Knuckle draggers really. 

You really twisted that around the other way!  Doesn't make sense, but you got in a childish (conservative) insult.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hi Far Flung

I think when they offer a visa it is based on the premise that the information held within it is correct. When they checked it at the airport on arrival it it seems he couldn't back it up. It appears to be Tennis Australia's fault though you think a tennis player like him might check independently. .

Australia went hard on the tougher types of covid of course, particularly when there was no vaccine, or when it was being rolled out. The roll out was slow, and there were bad errors with a few nursing homes out of 100's or 1000's as you say,  but states did a good job keeping people safe. Thanks Dan. I was not impressed with some limits to travel between states though which got a bit silly. 

Now of course it's a weaker but more contagious variant and people have had the chance to get vaccinated and lockdowns are pretty much done and its up to the individual to stay safe. I haven't heard that being vaccinated could increase the infection rate. Heard the opposite. 

The experts have done their best. Vaccines were created.  I heard them in fact say it is normal for it to mutate. They got so much right. Thanks Dr Fauci. 

I think the Australian government has done good in a difficult situation. 

Hi Fats, speaking from experience Aus immigration do a pretty thorough job when checking documentation before giving out visas, especially during these times. I also question why they didn't stop the woman tennis player at the border and only revoked her visa after revoking Novax's visa?Which was only revoked after the noise on social media.Smells like politics to me.I'm pretty sure vaccinations don't have any effect on increasing infections but it does seem like a bit of a coincidence and of course how do we know?I'm sure I don't "know" any thing about the virus (I haven't seen one yet and I haven't seen anyone die let alone die from the virus) we just have to "trust" our "internet friends" and those experts who make money (and 15 minutes of fame) from this situation.I certainly don't trust anything I read or see on the net because I don't have any way of knowing if it's true or not.I don't know any of these experts and even if I knew them how do I know they can be trusted?I think many may believe a lot of stuff but I don't think many actually "KNOW" anything.Some people put their faith in religion some put their faith in the experts they see and hear on the net, personally I don't put my faith in either as their is far to much monetary profit being made from both.In short I'm not what one would call a "true believer". I'm not being coerced to drink the "cool aid" either I would rather do it without coercion. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang