Novak Djokovic’s deportation has raised the issue of the right to remain unvaccinated

webfact

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Of course they were busy until the lockdowns, then the government steps in with it's new CONTROLS, locks every down, not once, not twice or three times, and instilled enough fear into people not to go out with scores of businesses folding.

What gets me is why do allow the big ones to remain open, the Coles and the Woolworth's and the Aldi's etc, because we all need to eat, yeh, I don't buy that, Covid would be everywhere so why not shut them down like they did Djokovic, because they can and it suites them. 95% lol, now you have Omicron and there is no way anyone or any amount of lockdowns are going to stop it, everyone should embrace it, the elderly, those with comorbidities, obesity and immunocompromised systems should get boosted, that is all you can do, everyone needs to move on with life, no hide under the mattress. Djokovic was previously infected with the virus in June 2021 so he has immunity, as good if not better than the vaccine, so why bust his balls over this new strain, because it's political and they want every to be controlled under their rules and the do not recognise anyone who has had prior infections, e.g. immune, what is that, simply put, force and is wrong in my opinion, why should anyone who has had a stronger strain infection need or be pressured to be vaccinated because someone says so, when all the evidence says that they are immune and can get vaccinated after 3 months if they wish to increase their antibodies. 

That is my point, like Hitler made all the Jews were badges or symbols so that everyone knew who they were and of course restrictions on how and when and if they could move around. No exceptions.

Typical when you have total control, the game is over. I have total respect for the guy standing up for his rights and truly hope he wins his case because either way, this will go down in history as one of the stupidest f up's that the Australian government has made in my opinion.

All shops are allowed open. My point is that people aren't going shopping anyway. There is no lock down but they are scared of a rampant virus. Most people understand that it isn't as bad as delta but that isn't the point. It's a dirty, nasty little virus and they don't want it, booster or not. I just took my mum who is 93 to get boosted tonight so we are done.

There is no right to endanger public health. You have a right to not be vaccinated but that right doesn't mean coming here to play tennis. Most (nearly all) Australians are pro vax and couldn't give a toss about anti vaxers and their right to infect other people. And they could bring in the next worst mutant strain.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Why should this raise the issue of the right to remain Unvaccinated.

What it should do, is raise the issue as to why people like this think they are beyond, and above the Laws and rules imposed ( for whatever reason, not just Covid ) that any Government has in place.

Fact, vaccinated can be infected.

Fact, Unvaccinated can be infected

Fact, he had been previously infected in June 2021

Fact, Omicron is already in Australia

Fact, he is young and fit and can pay his medical bills if hospitalised, that said, pretty sure he has private cover and they do not make it mandatory to be vaccinated to be covered for Covid, mine hasn't stated that, although I am vaccinated, my choice.

This whole saga is about control and force, no two ways about it, they discriminate against those who chose no to be vaccinated which is taking away people's rights.

If the strain of the virus was a killer, e.g. could spread like Omicron but be more lethal than Delta, sure put in restrictions, but there is enough data out there to suggest it is no more than a cold or a flu, so why haven't governments adjusted their tact, because the control suites them, period.

I hope he wins his appeal based on the data out there and the fact that he was previously infected, therefore having as much immunity as the vaccinated person sitting next to him, if not more.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There is no right to endanger public health.

Pointless arguing as we won't see eye to eye on this.

You have almost 40,000 cases a day with Omicron, how is he endangering public health, he has been previously infected, he has immunity, I just don't understand what part of that you don't understand, it is as equal as being vaccinated if not better.

No one is listening, no, no, no, no, blacks can't vote because of their colour, their also wild animals and should be kept like slaves, you just don't get it so enjoy the rest of your evening in your world, I'm off to bed to count sheep.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Pointless arguing as we won't see eye to eye on this.

You have almost 40,000 cases a day with Omicron, how is he endangering public health, he has been previously infected, he has immunity, I just don't understand what part of that you don't understand, it is as equal as being vaccinated if not better.

No one is listening, no, no, no, no, blacks can't vote because of their colour, their also wild animals and should be kept like slaves, you just don't get it so enjoy the rest of your evening in your world, I'm off to bed to count sheep.

It doesn't matter that he is immune. He probably is. That isn't the point. it's the message to the unvaccinated which is the point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It doesn't matter that he is immune. He probably is. That isn't the point. it's the message to the unvaccinated which is the point.

Listen to what you are saying.

If your vaccinated, you will still get Covid.

If you are unvaccinated, you will still get Covid.

The only difference between the vaccine is that it can stop severity of the disease to the individual, and of course we all know that the virus predominately affects the elderly, obese, and those with comorbidities and immunocompromised immune systems.

You've been vaccinated, your immune, but you will still get it.

Your unvaccinated, you will still get it and when you do, you will become immune, but you will still get it again.

The hospitals being filled up are of those who fit the above that I pointed out, the rest shake it off or don't even know they had it, people turn up at the hospital for some other treatment and hospital protocol is to test everyone, and then they fond out they are positive, otherwise wouldn't have known about it.

So who has the right to say, you MUST to get vaccinated, I am specifically talking about this strain with the evidence and data out there stating it is practically the same as a cold/flu, especially if you have already been infected, and they are still pushing the envelope, i.e. you MUST get a booster.....W-T-F.

This is a world gone mad, do you have a choice anymore, this is not about anti-vaxers, I DO NOT support them, I have had every vaccination under the sun as have my family and will continue to do so, what I am talking about is what I see, i.e. a person, regardless of their beliefs on vaccines, if they have naturally been infected should have the right to say, ah, no thanks I'm fine Joe, but know, it's the hysteria that that person is an outcast and can spread it and clog up the hospital system, um, what about the vaccinated person, remember I am talking about this strain of the virus, not Delta, this to me is more about fear mongering, good guy vs bad guy, vaccinated, unvaccinated, reminds me of when Israel Falou had his contract cancelled because he spoke out on Facebook about gays, that is his fundamental right and contracts do not control your life outside of your work, fortunately for him, he sued them for over 10 million $ and I told everyone that his cancellation of the contract was wrong, with ALL of my mates saying I was wrong at the time, well they had to suck that up, didn't they.

Because someone on his high chair says you have to do what I tell you doesn't mean you have to, if you can prove what they are telling you is against your individual rights and I can see him taking them to task based on him being naturally infected, that said, depends what it is in the legislation and how he applied for his visa because there is a lot of talk now that he got on the plane with nothing more than a letter, no PCR test or visa, that said, of course he would get knocked backed as it has more to do with his application as opposed to anything to do with him being unvaccinated.

Like I said, I don't care if people don't want to get vaccinated, it's their right, we say anti-vaxers this, anti-vaxers that, but how do they see the governments, exactly as we see them, so we are no different, two wrongs don't make a right in my opinion, live and let live and if the guy is no more of a threat to Australian's, then Australian's being a threat to him by entering the country, regardless of his status, then I give up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Listen to what you are saying.

If your vaccinated, you will still get Covid.

If you are unvaccinated, you will still get Covid.

The only difference between the vaccine is that it can stop severity of the disease to the individual, and of course we all know that the virus predominately affects the elderly, obese, and those with comorbidities and immunocompromised immune systems.

You've been vaccinated, your immune, but you will still get it.

Your unvaccinated, you will still get it and when you do, you will become immune, but you will still get it again.

The hospitals being filled up are of those who fit the above that I pointed out, the rest shake it off or don't even know they had it, people turn up at the hospital for some other treatment and hospital protocol is to test everyone, and then they fond out they are positive, otherwise wouldn't have known about it.

So who has the right to say, you MUST to get vaccinated, I am specifically talking about this strain with the evidence and data out there stating it is practically the same as a cold/flu, especially if you have already been infected, and they are still pushing the envelope, i.e. you MUST get a booster.....W-T-F.

This is a world gone mad, do you have a choice anymore, this is not about anti-vaxers, I DO NOT support them, I have had every vaccination under the sun as have my family and will continue to do so, what I am talking about is what I see, i.e. a person, regardless of their beliefs on vaccines, if they have naturally been infected should have the right to say, ah, no thanks I'm fine Joe, but know, it's the hysteria that that person is an outcast and can spread it and clog up the hospital system, um, what about the vaccinated person, remember I am talking about this strain of the virus, not Delta, this to me is more about fear mongering, good guy vs bad guy, vaccinated, unvaccinated, reminds me of when Israel Falou had his contract cancelled because he spoke out on Facebook about gays, that is his fundamental right and contracts do not control your life outside of your work, fortunately for him, he sued them for over 10 million $ and I told everyone that his cancellation of the contract was wrong, with ALL of my mates saying I was wrong at the time, well they had to suck that up, didn't they.

Because someone on his high chair says you have to do what I tell you doesn't mean you have to, if you can prove what they are telling you is against your individual rights and I can see him taking them to task based on him being naturally infected, that said, depends what it is in the legislation and how he applied for his visa because there is a lot of talk now that he got on the plane with nothing more than a letter, no PCR test or visa, that said, of course he would get knocked backed as it has more to do with his application as opposed to anything to do with him being unvaccinated.

Like I said, I don't care if people don't want to get vaccinated, it's their right, we say anti-vaxers this, anti-vaxers that, but how do they see the governments, exactly as we see them, so we are no different, two wrongs don't make a right in my opinion, live and let live and if the guy is no more of a threat to Australian's, then Australian's being a threat to him by entering the country, regardless of his status, then I give up.

Your premise is wrong. If you're vaccinated you are highly unlikely to get delta, the most dangerous variety. The jury is still out on omicron but the chances are still less than if unvaccinated, it's only the numbers that are in doubt. You can argue the politics all you like, the fact remains that most Australians don't want unvaccinated people wandering around unnecessarily and certainly don't want exemptions for the privilege to enter the country.

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your premise is wrong. If you're vaccinated you are highly unlikely to get delta, the most dangerous variety. The jury is still out on omicron but the chances are still less than if unvaccinated, it's only the numbers that are in doubt. You can argue the politics all you like, the fact remains that most Australians don't want unvaccinated people wandering around unnecessarily and certainly don't want exemptions for the privilege to enter the country.

Usually when someone say your wrong, that tells me to stop, as they are too far gone in their own minds to think outside the square, so on that note, believe what makes you feel comfortable and I will believe in the science out there, suffice to say, each to their own.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Usually when someone say your wrong, that tells me to stop, as they are too far gone in their own minds to think outside the square, so on that note, believe what makes you feel comfortable and I will believe in the science out there, suffice to say, each to their own.

All you are saying here is that you stand by your factually incorrect assertion that vaccinated people will get covid.

11 hours ago, ozimoron said:

There is no right to endanger public health. You have a right to not be vaccinated but that right doesn't mean coming here to play tennis. Most (nearly all) Australians are pro vax and couldn't give a toss about anti vaxers and their right to infect other people. And they could bring in the next worst mutant strain.

Meanwhile even the hardest of the hardcore Vaxxiban should have comprehended that double and triple vaccinated people can be and are infected by large numbers. And the more intelligent ones of the Vaxxiban even could know that who's infected can spread the infection to others.

The scapegoat fairytale is dying a slow death.

Vaccination does not save others, it saves yourself (more) of getting seriously ill.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Meanwhile even the hardest of the hardcore Vaxxiban should have comprehended that double and triple vaccinated people can be and are infected by large numbers. And the more intelligent ones of the Vaxxiban even could know that who's infected can spread the infection to others.

The scapegoat fairytale is dying a slow death.

Vaccination does not save others, it saves yourself (more) of getting seriously ill.

You're halfway to the truth. Vaccinations reduce the spread of the virus.

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're halfway to the truth. Vaccinations reduce the spread of the virus.

"Reduce" is the crusial word. To "reduce" the spread (no exact data available on how much the reduction is) is enough to force whole societies into vaccination and to crusade against those who don'Ät want to get vaxxed - whatever their reasons may be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"Reduce" is the crusial word. To "reduce" the spread (no exact data available on how much the reduction is) is enough to force whole societies into vaccination and to crusade against those who don'Ät want to get vaxxed - whatever their reasons may be. 

Yes. There's plenty of data and it's been posted many times.

Edited by ozimoron

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Here is further justification for making vaccines compulsory, especially for children so they don't suffer from poor parenting.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizerbiontech-vaccine-protects-children-against-rare-covid-19-complication-cdc-2022-01-07/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

All you are saying here is that you stand by your factually incorrect assertion that vaccinated people will get covid.

I know that we should expect this kind of statement from you, given your username....but with this, you are really taking the biscuit. 

Best you stop. Go to take a shower/swim and cool down. You are really writing some special nonsense.

Was just chatting with an acquaintance yesterday, fully vaccinated with two(maybe three shots)...she has the Omicron variant, as has her friend who gave it to her.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I know that we should expect this kind of statement from you, given your username....but with this, you are really taking the biscuit. 

Best you stop. Go to take a shower/swim and cool down. You are really writing some special nonsense.

Was just chatting with an acquaintance yesterday, fully vaccinated with two(maybe three shots)...she has the Omicron variant, as has her friend who gave it to her.

oh, an anecdote that disproves the facts! I'll say it again. Vaccines reduce infection and transmission of all variants of coronavirus. That is an inescapable fact. In the case of delta, by a lot. In the case of omicron we don't really know yet but it is definitely greater than zero.If you wish to provide data that disproves those facts go right ahead. Otherwise, without facts, your ad hominems simply reduce your credibility.

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

oh, an anecdote that disproves the facts! I'll say it again. Vaccines reduce infection and transmission of all variants of coronavirus. That is an inescapable fact. In the case of delta, by a lot. In the case of omicron we don't really know yet but it is definitely greater than zero.If you wish to provide data that disproves those facts go right ahead. Otherwise, without facts, your ad hominems simply reduce your credibility.

Say what again? Don't try to gaslight by trying to change the subject mid-discussion. This is what you wrote:

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Looks distinctly different from what you are trying to assert now.

It looks clearly stated to me. It looks like a clear statement that that vaccinated people do not get COVID-19.

Are you now back pedalling from that statement or are you standing by it? If you are standing by it, then you'll need to begin by presenting your case.

From here, it seems a statement based on crass ignorance.

Edited by Bruno123

I have never stated that vaccinated people will get covid. On the other hand you stated that

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Say what again? Don't try to gaslight by trying to change the subject mid-discussion. This is what you wrote:

Looks distinctly different from what you are trying to assert now.

It looks clearly stated to me. It looks like a clear statement that that vaccinated people do not get COVID-19.

Are you now back pedalling from that statement or are you standing by it? If you are standing by it, then you'll need to begin by presenting your case.

From here, it seems a statement based on crass ignorance.

I have never stated that vaccinated people won't get covid. I said that the vaccines will always reduce that chance. Stop lying.

Edited by ozimoron

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I have never stated that vaccinated people will get covid. On the other hand you stated that

I have never stated that vaccinated people won't get covid. I said that the vaccines will always reduce that chance. Stop lying.

So what is this?

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It looks like YOUR name and YOUR statement.

If you now realise that you made a mistake in what you wrote, just admit it and move on. Don't behave like a moron and argue stupidly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

So what is this?

It looks like YOUR name and YOUR statement.

If you now realise that you made a mistake in what you wrote, just admit it and move on. Don't behave like a moron and argue stupidly.

Do you believe that vaccines will always reduce virus transmission for all mutations or not?

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Here is further justification for making vaccines compulsory, especially for children so they don't suffer from poor parenting.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizerbiontech-vaccine-protects-children-against-rare-covid-19-complication-cdc-2022-01-07/

LoL. You know, how rare C19-complications are amongst kids, do you? How many of the 238 cases in your link had pre existing conditions?

According to RKI, these are the numbers for Germany:

Deaths of or with Covid (nice term, stands for itself!). 112.740 (2022-01-06)

Victims age 0-19: 47 = 0.041%. More than 50% out of the 47 victims had reported relevant pre-existing conditions.

Data from 2021-11-25 for age 0-19:

Out of 900.000 registered infections (unreported cases are expected to be 2-4 times higher!), 7.000 kids were treated in a hospital - many of them counted as "Covid" because tested on entry but there for a different reason (broken leg, whatever).

MIS-C:

Germany and Austria report 464 such cases: After released from hospital 433 of them were fully recovered. 31 kids had consequentional damages in the cardiovascular system. NO death cases reported. (data source:  Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases DGPI)

Conclusion: To vaccinate kids, even if there were no reported side effects (but there are) is at least questionable. To make it mandatory to them is imo a crime driven by hysteria.

Remember: 85% of the death cases of (or with!) Covid are aged 70+. Below that the risk is small or (kids) close to zero

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

LoL. You know, how rare C19-complications are amongst kids, do you? How many of the 238 cases in your link had pre existing conditions?

According to RKI, these are the numbers for Germany:

Deaths of or with Covid (nice term, stands for itself!). 112.740 (2022-01-06)

Victims age 0-19: 47 = 0.041%. More than 50% out of the 47 victims had reported relevant pre-existing conditions.

Data from 2021-11-25 for age 0-19:

Out of 900.000 registered infections (unreported cases are expected to be 2-4 times higher!), 7.000 kids were treated in a hospital - many of them counted as "Covid" because tested on entry but there for a different reason (broken leg, whatever).

MIS-C:

Germany and Austria report 464 such cases: After released from hospital 433 of them were fully recovered. 31 kids had consequentional damages in the cardiovascular system. NO death cases reported. (data source:  Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases DGPI)

Conclusion: To vaccinate kids, even if there were no reported side effects (but there are) is at least questionable. To make it mandatory to them is imo a crime driven by hysteria.

Remember: 85% of the death cases of (or with!) Covid are aged 70+. Below that the risk is small or (kids) close to zero

Is it also a crime to mandate the many vaccines that already are mandatory for children?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you believe that vaccines will always reduce virus transmission for all mutations or not?

I am not discussing vaccines. I am discussing your quote of 

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

which you now seem keen to ignore, but is here in perpetuity for all to see.

On that note I will leave you with this quote:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Or you will also be like him.
Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
That he not be wise in his own eyes.

Your name says all that I need to know about you. It's clear that you intend to ignore your stupid comment and act like it wasn't you who posted it at all.

If I continue to try to have a dialogue with such a person, people would begin to think me the idiot.

No thanks; you enjoy that particular glory.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Is it also a crime to mandate the many vaccines that already are mandatory for children?

There is NO mandatory vaccination for kids with such a small risk.

your reply came so fast that you surely were not able to read and understand the post you quoted.

But I guess: "What must not be that cannot be", right?

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

your reply came so fast that you surely were not able to read and understand the post you quoted.

https://ourworldindata.org/childhood-vaccination-policies

Again, are these mandatory policies a crime?

Edited by ozimoron

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Exactly right. Quick reply with no thought beforehand. Hence the ridiculous assertion that vaccinated people don't get COVID....and then the denial that they wrote such a thing even though their quote is in front of their eyes.

Don't waste your energy trying to inject any kind of intelligence into a discussion with them. It will just disappear into a black hole.

Just smile and say okay and it might just go away.

Just reading an article that consider shopping is the riskiest activity outside the home. Statistics eh?

https://inews.co.uk/news/shopping-biggest-threat-covid-outside-home-sage-scientists-restrictions-pubs-1389708

• Like 1

Most nations are not forcing their citizens to get vaccinated. However, when you choose to travel, you are subject to the laws of those nations you visit.

Djok should be banned from international competition. I like the guy, but he is poorly informed and behaving like a child. Good on Australia for sending a message. 

As there is nothing in the way of clinical studies of the adverse effects, and we have no idea who those people are, what they suffered from, or any other data. What we do know is that the anti-vax movement is using stats such as these, to create fear, and discourage society from being reasonable, and doing what it can to prevent further spread. 

I am far more interested in science, than I am in fear mongering. And even though I am not a VAX guy, I feel at this time, getting a high quality vaccine represents a reasonable fulfillment of an obligation to society, and a minor sacrifice for anti-vax people to make. Doubly so for the ones who run around draping themselves in a flag of patriotism. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. Many of the fake patriots would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

https://ourworldindata.org/childhood-vaccination-policies

Again, are these mandatory policies a crime?

You have a severe problem with reading comprehension.

Therefore again:

There is NO mandatory vaccination for kids against a disease with such a minimal risk as Covid.

Important: Vaccination campaigns of the past mostly were reasoned to whipe out a disease. Covid vaccines fail to do that.

You really have no clue what you're talking about. Believe what you like to.

Edited by JustAnotherHun