Grandfather gave granddaughter, aged 12, 200 baht a time for sex - she's now had a baby

webfact

On 1/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, trainman34014 said:

Similar cases have been reported numerous times down the years.  This stuff goes on all over the country and most often it is hushed up by the family who don't want the Loss of Face and the embarrassment.   Disfunctional Families are the norm here; particularly in the Rural Villages and anyone who says it ain't true needs to get out of the City and get around the Rural area's.

It doesn't just happen in rural villages, though; I used to teach in a primary school in Outer Bangkok, and 2 or 3 girls would become pregnant each year, almost invariably by a family member.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Years ago when I first started spending extended lengths of time  in Thailand I was at bar talking with a much older expat who had a lot more experience here than I did. 
He told me a lot of these girls in the bars have usually been sexually active since they were around 12yo and their first time was likely with a family member, maybe even their own father.
I remember being disgusted with him for saying such a thing and thinking he was just some miserable old <deleted>. I paid my bill and left in disgust. I still remember him and the longer I’ve been here the more I think he was right in what he told me. I just didn’t want to believe that was the case.