Grandfather gave granddaughter, aged 12, 200 baht a time for sex - she's now had a baby

webfact

Grandfather gave granddaughter, aged 12, 200 baht a time for sex - she's now had a baby

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on a case of incest in a north eastern Thai family that has been handled by activist Paveena Hongsakul.

Seven years ago a couple split up and the daughter of the marriage went to live with her father and grandfather in Mueang Suang district Roi-Et.

But last year the child went to live with the mother again when it was noticed that her belly was unusually large.

It emerged that the grandfather had paid the girl 200 baht a time to have sex with her telling her not to tell anyone.

Paveena contacted the local police and now a 61 year old man is in jail on charges of rape.

The child had problems with the pregnancy and after 8 months a cesarian was performed. 

She had a boy weighing in at 2 kilos 800 grams and both are well.

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-07

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 8

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'M NOT CONDONING THIS, merely reporting what I personally saw. My former Thai gf's family lived about 25 clicks away from Sa Kaeo. A father in their village knocked up his daughter. The initial reaction from the villagers was to shun him, but when they saw him treating her dutifully like a wife, they shrugged their collective shoulders, accepted the "couple" back into the fold,  and life went on. I believe the mindset of this culture is a bit backwards in some ways.

I remember a report on this forum about a man who raped an underage and mentally challenged girl because she was always pestering him for food. His response was that he would treat her as his wife which I didn't understand how that mitigated what he did. Your post now explains his statement.

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'M NOT CONDONING THIS, merely reporting what I personally saw. My former Thai gf's family lived about 25 clicks away from Sa Kaeo. A father in their village knocked up his daughter. The initial reaction from the villagers was to shun him, but when they saw him treating her dutifully like a wife, they shrugged their collective shoulders, accepted the "couple" back into the fold,  and life went on. I believe the mindset of this culture is a bit backwards in some ways.

But tourists are lured to come to Thailand for the nature and the culture.................

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

With consenting adults readily available in this country  makes this so much worse in my opinion.

Glad she and the baby are doing well, physically atleast, mentally may be another story for her.

Worse possibility is that the baby boy although physically healthy is apparently the product of incest which often has issues.

12 hours ago, RobU said:

I remember a report on this forum about a man who raped an underage and mentally challenged girl because she was always pestering him for food. His response was that he would treat her as his wife which I didn't understand how that mitigated what he did. Your post now explains his statement.

Possibly it's like the whole marry your rape victim to avoid punishment thing in some part of central Asia that escapes me now.  It kind of sounds like they avoid punishment by, in the eyes of the locals, "taking responsibility for the damage caused".  I.e. the girl is unmarriageable now, so the rapist solves the problem by marrying her.  I guess it's a way of looking not so much at the actual crime as the consequences for the girl or the community?  Obviously very different to how we view things in the West.

All quite sad and I guess a wider reflection of how women and girls are viewed in this part of the world.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Charging him with rape should only be one of many charges he should face. Chemical castration is the answer and charge them for the medical costs.

Rusty blunt razor blade would suffice 

• Like 2