Would you just as soon get Omicron (and get it over with)?

Paulaew

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Folk should read more, just today another of the anti-brigade bites the dust....

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/qanon-star-said-only-idiots-194553934.html

Gotta love the part in the story where the friends of the deceased say its a cover up and they are being murdered by the deep state....

Tin foil is readily available it appears.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are assuming you can avoid it?

I assume I'll get it regardless at some stage. Not worried about it anymore than any other thing that might be sent to annoy me.

If it gets bad I'll just go to hospital for some O2 ( I've a DNR so no ICU for me ) and either survive or not. That's life. No point kicking against the pricks.

You claim to have had a career in health care yet you believe that your heart has to stop beating or your breathing has to stop  before you are eligible to be treated in an ICU?

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, placeholder said:

You claim to have had a career in health care yet you believe that your heart has to stop beating or your breathing has to stop  before you are eligible to be treated in an ICU?

I certainly believe that if ICUs are as overwhelmed as is claimed, they sure ain't going to be admitting anyone with a DNR.

Anyway, I'd refuse to be admitted to one.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.  Eight days and only two boxes of tissues - walk in the park.

But I'm 99% sure I had Delta in Feb 2020.  Plus I've had two Pfizer cocktails.

I'm beginning to wonder about my enlarged coxis but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. :coffee1:

I think you spelt coxis wrong!

????????

On 1/8/2022 at 12:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The evidence of your posts suggests you have achieved your preferred option.

It's a sad day when certain posters think it's OK to post insulting and mean spirited attacks on other posters.

Says more about them than they probably want revealed though.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 1/10/2022 at 12:11 AM, LarrySR said:

The people that complain about the ‘woke’ are generally in the ‘deplorable’ category. 

I'm happy to be a "deplorable". If Hillary thought she was scoring points, she wuz wrong. IMO it's a badge of honour among those opposed to wokeness in all it's forms, and I'm very opposed to such.

• Like 2

I haven’t gotten a booster, not yet 90 days from my 2nd jab, but I came down with the omicron yesterday and it’s been very mild, just fever and a headache.  Today, I feel better already, a cold is much worse.  I’ll spend the remainder of the week isolated in my room catching up on Netflix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm happy to be a "deplorable". If Hillary thought she was scoring points, she wuz wrong. IMO it's a badge of honour among those opposed to wokeness in all it's forms, and I'm very opposed to such.

Synonyms of Deplorable:

-dire, disgraceful, dreadful, grievous, horrifying, intolerable, lamentable, miserable, regrettable, reprehensible, scandalous, terrible, tragic, unbearable, unsatisfactory, wretched, afflictive, awful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

*Deleted post edited out*

O gawd. Now the QAnon geniuses have entered the discussion.

No.  The post has been removed along with the member and further replies to the post.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly believe that if ICUs are as overwhelmed as is claimed, they sure ain't going to be admitting anyone with a DNR.

Anyway, I'd refuse to be admitted to one.

These sort of comments highlight a stubborn lack of willingness to accept critical thought. 

I know people who have been in ICU *(with Covid), I’ve worked with them, they are fine now. 

I have spent one night in ICU....   Weeks later I was skiing,  years later I’m here, fit, healthy, wife, son, still playing lots of sports (mid-40’s).

My Father in law was resuscitated last year (CPR) after collapsing with low blood pressure... he’s fine now (relatively) and visits along with grandmum to see his grandson a few times per week.

Wearing your DNR and refusals to be admitted to ICU ‘statments of pride’ just seem like brainless trolling... that is the realm of unrecoverable illness and trauma,.... not recoverable illnesses which Covid-19 can be, has been and is for many many patients.

Edited by richard_smith237

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, and no... On the one hand, I could do without Covid, but I figure, sooner or later, I'll get infected anyway, so, what the heck... But if I could pick a 'flavour', better Omicron than others.

Well... IF we could pick a flavour wouldn’t it be ‘vaccination’ and prevention in the first place. 

There is this idea now that vaccines do not prevent contracting Covid-19 which is untrue. Vaccines are less effecive but not wholly ineffective. 

I’d rather have the vaccines and no Covid-19 at all, including Omicron at all.... Its not as if Omircon is going to protect us from having someting worse down the line or contracting Covid-19 again (omicron variant or otherwise) down the road. 

So... as far as Omicron is concerned I’d prefer to avoid it... Just like a common cold or the flu - its something I dont want and its something I’ll try to avoid. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well... IF we could pick a flavour wouldn’t it be ‘vaccination’ and prevention in the first place. 

Yes, sure. But if you follow the news, the 'vaccination' may not be the end of it (even if there was hope for that not long ago), and the virus could still have the last laugh. And how to prevent if everyone around you is already coughing and sneezing, while the virus is airborne...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is this idea now that vaccines do not prevent contracting Covid-19 which is untrue. Vaccines are less effecive but not wholly ineffective. 

I’d rather have the vaccines and no Covid-19 at all, including Omicron at all.... Its not as if Omircon is going to protect us from having someting worse down the line or contracting Covid-19 again (omicron variant or otherwise) down the road. 

So... as far as Omicron is concerned I’d prefer to avoid it... Just like a common cold or the flu - its something I dont want and its something I’ll try to avoid. 

I hope you ain't saying that vaccination will prevent anyone from contracting covid. As I understand it, that's not the case.

How else are all those fully vaccinated in hospital with covid?

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Gay" didn't mean homosexual originally- it was co opted to mean something else. Same same with "deplorable" in the context of those that Hillary insulted. Now, when used to refer to those opposed to wokeness IMO it's a badge of honour.

Call me proudly deplorable.

You should wear the red hat so the rest of us that meet you can instantly take a disliking and save some time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You should avoid commenting on personal cases that you know nothing about. You definitely know nothing about me or my reason for having a DNR.

As for brainless trolling, you should look in the mirror sometime.

Perhaps, and it’s just a thought, you should consider the merits of leaving personal information out of discussion.

I can assure you doing so will not prevent some attempting to introduce their assumptions of that which is personal to you, but their attempts will be baseless.

If however you introduce a personal detail it is only to be expected that others will discuss that which you yourself have introduced.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps, and it’s just a thought, you should consider the merits of leaving personal information out of discussion.

I can assure you doing so will not prevent some attempting to introduce their assumptions of that which is personal to you, but their attempts will be baseless.

If however you introduce a personal detail it is only to be expected that others will discuss that which you yourself have introduced.

I agree, but the forum would be very dull if we only stuck to the facts and I dare say some of us just wouldn't bother any more.

I don't mind if other posters discuss personal details I put in my posts, but I do object to being insulted or called a troll.

There is never ever an excuse for being personally rude or insulting any other poster on this forum.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you ain't saying that vaccination will prevent anyone from contracting covid. As I understand it, that's not the case.

How else are all those fully vaccinated in hospital with covid?

Selectively misrepresenting facts again.

Vaccinated individuals are dramatically less likely to ‘Contract COVID’ then wind up in hospital or dead with the diseases COVID causes, than are unvaccinated individuals.

But of course you don’t do anti-vaccines misinformation, you just consistently selectively miss out the benefits of the vaccines.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but the forum would be very dull if we only stuck to the facts and I dare say some of us just wouldn't bother any more.

I don't mind if other posters discuss personal details I put in my posts, but I do object to being insulted or called a troll.

There is never ever an excuse for being personally rude or insulting any other poster on this forum.

Well I agree, accusations of trolling are not acceptable without good evidence to back them up.

I do still caution  everyone on sharing personal information and especially anything to do with people you care about. I’ve too often seen such information abused.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Selectively misrepresenting facts again.

Vaccinated individuals are dramatically less likely to ‘Contract COVID’ then wind up in hospital or dead with the diseases COVID causes, than are unvaccinated individuals.

But of course you don’t do anti-vaccines misinformation, you just consistently selectively miss out the benefits of the vaccines.

As delving into the "benefits" of the vaccines might find me on holiday, I'll have to pass on replying more fully.

• Confused 1