Looking for charity work

sawadee1947

On 1/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, lordblackader said:

Yes - you're working, irrespective if you're being paid or not. 

Exactly, need to apply for a volunteer visa, and getting then the appropriate work permit, and i think your visa application must have the sponsoring organization etc---yes, it is likely true that many volunteer--free of charge--without these things, but, if reported or discovered, one can be subject to fines and deportation--not a risk most retirees want to take--others may not care.  It is unfortunate, as there are many who would be eager to share their talents in some form---so, if you do, you should at least  know the risk you are taking.

Edited by SammyJ
  • Like 1

I did volunteer radio in CNX long ago and i had to go to BKK to get a vol visa

The  IO did NOT want to give it to me and the CNX lawyer who was sponsoring the radio show was on the phone with the IO guy    lots of yelling and i was a newbie here ---had to pay 1900 also for it!

to work for free......NBT english radio show one day a week....that exp and trying to get a work visa and permit to cook in CNX was equally difficult....just easier to be the tourist they want me to be

I found my culture and work ethic did not match with thais in teaching--cooking and volunteering here and it ended in tears trying to "help" and keep busy with a hobby and such--now i just ride my bike

otherwise check workaway org site----and yes you still need a visa--by thai law--but up to you....

12 hours ago, SammyJ said:

Exactly, need to apply for a volunteer visa, and getting then the appropriate work permit, and i think your visa application must have the sponsoring organization etc---yes, it is likely true that many volunteer--free of charge--without these things, but, if reported or discovered, one can be subject to fines and deportation--not a risk most retirees want to take--others may not care.  It is unfortunate, as there are many who would be eager to share their talents in some form---so, if you do, you should at least  know the risk you are taking.

THIS  ive been there done that    vol visa    work visa and permits   a royal pain in the a$$..no more