Wise - anyone else experiences delays on money transfers from UK

No, it's not a transfer involving Thailand (or the US) and for months it took about five minutes, all done automatically. Then TW switched to a different receiving bank and it's been gummed up ever since, like they're doing it all by hand now. Or carrier pigeon. Fifteen hours and still waiting.

Again no problem… UK to here.

Deal done and paid by bank transfer yesterday evening… not that it makes any difference but MrJ did it using my account…she has her own Wise a/c but I wanted the money to go into my BB a/c.  65,100thb… I want her to keep in practice as someday, no doubt, she will have to do the transfers on her own.

Money arrived exactly 2pm in my BB a/c showing International Transfer.

This is actually the

4th transfer in the last 32 days… all arrived approx 2pm the next day and all showed FTT in my bank book,

• Like 2

Congratulations, but my money has disappeared into a blackhole. Contacted them twice sending a copy of the bank transfer and still hearing nothing.

When you handle other people's money, Wise, you have to act responsibly. You can't just go silent on them.

5 hours ago, taxout said:

Congratulations, but my money has disappeared into a blackhole. Contacted them twice sending a copy of the bank transfer and still hearing nothing.

When you handle other people's money, Wise, you have to act responsibly. You can't just go silent on them.

Post the Wise timeline

It showed up finally 32 hours after my bank sent the money to TW's bank. Both countries involved have instantaneous bank-to-bank transfers so let's not fall back on blaming the banks. There's no question TW had the money seconds after I sent it. That's how the local transfer system works. If it doesn't go through you also know right away. (And no, it doesn't work like this in many other countries.)

5 hours ago, taxout said:

It showed up finally 32 hours after my bank sent the money to TW's bank.

What time and date did you start the transaction and when did it arrive?  Was it for over or under 50,000 THB?  What reason for transfer was chosen?

Post the timeline as requested and someone may be able to work out what happened and help avoid it in future.

Did one yesterday to check all the fuss.

Revolut to Wise 50,000 THB on the money (Euro's debit card -> to THB account in Thai) to a Thai account i've had and interacted with for a decade.

1. You set up your transfer - Yesterday at 6:16 pm
  2. We received your EUR - Your money's being processed
  3. Today at 10:00 am - We pay out your THB **NOT COMPLETED AT 10AM**
  4. Tomorrow at 10:00 am - You receive your THB'

Anything such as 49,999 usually goes through immediately FYI.

SCB

Edited by Jenkins9039

13 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Did one yesterday to check all the fuss.

Revolut to Wise 50,000 THB on the money (Euro's debit card -> to THB account in Thai) to a Thai account i've had and interacted with for a decade.

1. You set up your transfer - Yesterday at 6:16 pm
  2. We received your EUR - Your money's being processed
  3. Today at 10:00 am - We pay out your THB **NOT COMPLETED AT 10AM**
  4. Tomorrow at 10:00 am - You receive your THB'

Anything such as 49,999 usually goes through immediately FYI.

SCB

Arrived this morning.

• Like 1

Transferred money with Wise, from Australia for the last 3 years, twice a month, and all was well with transfers occurring within 1 day at the most. Most transfers in the last year have been within a minute.

Last night(10/02/2022) commenced a transfer at 2045 here in Thailand and during the process was asked to identify myself with an offical document, drivers licence or passport. Had to upload a copy, in my case, my passport. The transfer process then stoped as verification was carried out and was advised the transfer would complete on the 11/02/2022. Never had to do this since I opened my account with Transferwise/Wise 3 years ago.

The good news the verification process was completed within 5 minutes ant transfer occurred within the next minute.

Anybody had this problem in recent times.