Bank accounts holding ThB 800,000?

18 hours ago, baz 79 said:

Was she objecting to the Fixed Deposit account and its tabulation? Anybody any ideas? How can you check or find clarification?

It's a pity the OP did not have the presence of mind to ask the officer he dealt with. He might then already know what he will need for next year instead of seeking advice from an internet forum.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect there could have been an issue with the savings account also as that has to be monitored 3 months after and 2 months prior to prove the 800k in account when required.  They seem to be able to read one year bank statements (often required for us using income and of US/UK nationality) so perhaps would like that as well as passbook for the 100k plus account.  

This is the part of the agent trickery that I don't understand... if they're lending you the 800k temporarily for the initial proof, and then take it back, how do they get  you around the problem that it won't show in bank records as having been sitting in your account for all the later months? So let's say an agent gets you through your Non-O application by staking you 800k for a few hours. Then they take the money back out, I assume... how do they fix the problem that immigration will want to see that the money was sitting there for two months before application for the 1-year extension? Do they actually just leave 800k in your account or two months leading up to the application? Then take it out again? Or is it just graft that is so complete that the money rules don't even matter? Couldn't immigration simply demand to see the bank records and would then see the fast deposit and then transfer back to the agent? How does this game work? I can't decide whether to play if I don't know how it works.

18 hours ago, baz 79 said:

Yes, both accounts with SCB. Is it that I can show Savings a/c balance correct on the day of attending, but the FD account balance was 3 days old, the day of the bank letter. Is that it? There's no SCB branch at IO any longer.

if the FD account balance was 3 days old that indeed would be a problem. They have no way of knowing that the balance is still there.

There are certainly some Imm offices that would (wrongly) have an issue with using 2 accounts but I would nto expect that from CW.

To simplify matters going forward: (1) get balance in the FD acocunt up to 800K  (2) have same day balance statement when you go for extension.

20 minutes ago, PadPrikKhing said:

This is the part of the agent trickery that I don't understand... if they're lending you the 800k temporarily for the initial proof, and then take it back, how do they get  you around the problem that it won't show in bank records as having been sitting in your account for all the later months? So let's say an agent gets you through your Non-O application by staking you 800k for a few hours. Then they take the money back out, I assume... how do they fix the problem that immigration will want to see that the money was sitting there for two months before application for the 1-year extension? Do they actually just leave 800k in your account or two months leading up to the application? Then take it out again? Or is it just graft that is so complete that the money rules don't even matter? Couldn't immigration simply demand to see the bank records and would then see the fast deposit and then transfer back to the agent? How does this game work? I can't decide whether to play if I don't know how it works.

You do not seem to understand that this is an EXTRAlegal way of circumventing the system. Technically, it is probably illegal, but technically, Vietnam was not a war.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I presented two accounts, both of them joint accounts for my last extension. The first account is a fixed term deposit and the second is our savings account. When I went to Chaeng Wattena for last years extension I presented both accounts with both book banks updated that day and two bank statements that were one day old. As I have joint accounts I need to show 1.6M in my account for the duration.

The saving account had 1.3 M in it and that had been in the account for 12 months and the FTD account had a lot more than the minimum requirement for extension of stay in it as well and that account was more than 5 years old.  However the Imm Officer decided to process the savings account only and told me that I had insufficient funds to extend my visa. When I pointed out that I had presented two accounts that exceeded the minimum requirements she chucked a big sulk and said she would process both accounts this time but would only process one account in future. 

I have used my Fixed Term and savings account amounts for my extensions since 2013 and this was the first time someone decided to make the number of accounts being presented as an issue. So I think the smoothness of the extension is dependent on which officer you get assigned to.

It was always my understanding that joint accounts were not acceptable and that it was mandatory, even for a foreign couple, to have individual accounts each with the 800k. That's certainly been my experience when I was in BKK and had to go to CW for my extensions. Perhaps that has now changed

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I keep 800k plus in a dedicated account at all times. I get a bank letter and passbook update from SCB the day before my annual visit to  CW, most recently last month. These have always been accepted without any questions or hassle. I received my latest completed extension application based on retirement by 1130 in the morning.  It has always been a simple process, going back to the days of Soi Suan Plu, Sathorn. To date I have never ever used an agent or any third party in nearly 40 years, and will only do so when age, (I am currently 80), and/or ill health catches up with me. I simply do not understand why this issue appears complicated for so many people.

Apart from the passbook and passport is anything else needed?

Thingamabob: "I get a bank letter and passbook update from SCB the day before my annual visit to CW, most recently last month." My understanding is the bank letters are valid for 7 days. Which is why, while I was able to tally the Savings account balance on the day, my FD account balance read 3 days old. This seems the only reason why IO made an objection and now I subscribe to the view that CW require visit and statements to tally on the day. This does not allow for the idiosyncracies of individual officers of course but no sense in anticipating them.

5 minutes ago, baz 79 said:

Thingamabob: "I get a bank letter and passbook update from SCB the day before my annual visit to CW, most recently last month." My understanding is the bank letters are valid for 7 days. Which is why, while I was able to tally the Savings account balance on the day, my FD account balance read 3 days old. This seems the only reason why IO made an objection and now I subscribe to the view that CW require visit and statements to tally on the day. This does not allow for the idiosyncracies of individual officers of course but no sense in anticipating them.

Passbook updates are normally required on day of application at Bangkok I believe.

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Passbook updates are normally required on day of application at Bangkok I believe.

At my very first extension many moons ago, I obtained the bank letter and update the day prior to attending CW. 

I didn't even know CW had banks.

All went well until the io handed bank book back and required a deposit/withdrawal on the day.

Fortunately the gf was with me and ran off down stairs to make a transaction.

Since then I always do the letter the deposit (which updates) on day of application.

Easy at CW (having banks apart from SCB).

Not so easy for extensions at some other places. 

BTW not saying the letter has to be done same day. Just makes it very simple if all done together. 

Edited by DrJack54