Passport held by shady agent for 8 months - please help

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

If an agent is getting you an extension when you do not have the funds, especially when they have to from contacts in an office in another province that is corrupt and illegal. If you are just getting them to fill in forms and hold your hand to do something you can do yourself in a few minutes for 1900 baht, up to you, but that is not what most customers use them for, as I expect you well know.

The best post comeback so far, a total gem. Good on ya Clivebaxter you hit the nail on the head. As Big Joke did. Ban all immigration offices of agents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok don't get arrested

You wouldn't necessarily have to be arrested.

The point is with all these nonsense posts above about skipping them all and paying fine 2000baht at time of extension a poor option. 

An agent can do it for 500baht and of course there is report in person and via mail and online.

I would love to be the io if someone turned up without doing report for the year.

Would love to make the extension approval as difficult as possible. 

Of course all of this rubbish on several pages of nothing to do with the OP. Which is also nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Stamp where if you don't have your passport? 

Online. You can do a 90 day report online 3 times without having your passport. And you can do it that way 3 times before you have to go to immigration and get your annual visa and produce your passport. This make the 90 day report a farce.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The best post comeback so far, a total gem. Good on ya Clivebaxter you hit the nail on the head. As Big Joke did. Ban all immigration offices of agents.

Pain in the bum when waiting and they turn up and queue jump holding 15 passports! lucky not had that for a when when I have been.

7 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Pain in the bum when waiting and they turn up and queue jump holding 15 passports! lucky not had that for a when when I have been.

Only happened to me once in 16 years, when using the Pottery Village Korat. I believe that at Buriram immigration they have an officer that deals only with agents and under the table customers.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

???? Big joke ???? On the dole now i believe ????

8 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

???? Big joke ???? On the dole now i believe ????

Far from it if you care to read the Thai news.  ????  

'Big Joke' gets new position at police HQ

Edited by IvorBiggun2

33 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And your point is other than showing you to be wrong? Doh.

Sorry Homer ???????? His new job at HQ ???????? please stop I've just nearly done a bit of wee ???????? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I contacted a few including the one you see mentioned on here- they ALL said they could only get extensions from upcountry, KK and Nan were mentioned. If you think paying a bribe to an officer to 'legally' ignore the funding rule is legit why the need for an agent at all? Just go into your office tell them you have nothing in the bank and offer them 10k, -if it's legal surely they would agree? I was quoted 16k which is 8x the actual price of an extension.

I do not know where you are living. If you are in Bangkok, some agents can arrange retirement extensions (and the prerequisite Non O visas if necessary). However, they will charge more for doing the extension at Chaengwattana than if you will accept an out of province application. You would also need to briefly visit the immigration office.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

She must be legal or Immigration would not welcome her with open arms.

You have to be joking? 

"The visa issue is also a problem when foreigners are lured into renewing their visas via brokers. Checks by police found their services involve many irregularities involving forging documents that certify applicant’s financial status and false claims of their money records."   And it goes on. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

I do not know where you are living. If you are in Bangkok, some agents can arrange retirement extensions (and the prerequisite Non O visas if necessary). However, they will charge more for doing the extension at Chaengwattana than if you will accept an out of province application. You would also need to briefly visit the immigration office.

Even bribery involves rules and hierarchy. Agents can get things done, especially if you also RENT from them.  That is my current situation. Nothing is falsified.  They simply waive the rules at their discretion.

My income is easily verifiable.  That said, I know one expat who lives here on 1500 USD a month. He was "grandfathered in" on the rules which were in force when he first came here.

Edited by Nickelbeer
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What year was that?

if someone came in before 21st, October 1998 and they have basically been in continuous retiree status, these terms will apply; they are sort of “grandfathered” in to the terms. I am kind of curious what the importance of the 21st, October 1998 is. I am sure that there is a reason for that specific date but I don't know what it is. I suspect it might have been when the enactment of new regulations came in and they "grandfathered" in those folks at that time and then the new provisions came in and sort of changed things, but they didn't really want to throw over the people that had come in and abided by the law under the prior regime so they sort of “grandfathered” those folks in.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You have to be joking? 

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

"The visa issue is also a problem when foreigners are lured into renewing their visas via brokers. Checks by police found their services involve many irregularities involving forging documents that certify applicant’s financial status and false claims of their money records."   And it goes on

Who's the quote from Big Joke ? ????????

• Confused 1