Will my Bangkok Bank ATM Card Work in ATMs Overseas?

2 minutes ago, fangless said:

Please explain that comment;

This is from BKK

Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President and Credit Card Division Manager Shoke Na Ranong said the card can be used to pay at shops with the TPN symbol, those in the Mastercard network, and also for online purchases, both domestically and internationally.

TPN processes the payments for all Bangkok Bank cards.

1 hour ago, misterphil said:

My mate lives in Pattaya and he doesn't have it. 

How do you plan to return here as its a right farce now? Sandbox or what? 

I plan to stay abroad until Test and Go returns. Or, if Omicron lingers, I will do the Phuket Sandox.

it’s summer in South America, so in 2 or 3 months, it will get chilly in some countries and that will drive my decision.

Meanwhile, my PCR test came back negative, so I am off to Copacabana tonight.

Same situation here. I have a 'K Debit Visa Card'. Enquired at the bank, and, answer was, of course: "Can use anywhere..."

However, I'd be interested in personal experience of others, who have the same or a similar card, and used it abroad; can I use it to pay for services, or to withdraw at ATMs overseas? (I'm planning to use it in Australia, NZ, Malaysia, and Vietnam.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I plan to stay abroad until Test and Go returns. Or, if Omicron lingers, I will do the Phuket Sandox.

it’s summer in South America, so in 2 or 3 months, it will get chilly in some countries and that will drive my decision.

Meanwhile, my PCR test came back negative, so I am off to Copacabana tonight.

Congrats for dragging it out so long - kudos to you!!

On a serious note, they have a Bangkok Bank ATM on the ISS, and I believe totally Omicron free.  If it's a safe haven you're looking for, there's an option for you.

Economy class seats will be freakin' expensive but!  :coffee1:

• Haha 2

Be very, very careful whilst you are in Rio (and anywhere else I guess?). About 10 years ago I spent my last day in Rio (following a 6 week long trip around Antarctica, Chile, Argentina and Brazil) and met a “young” lady who drugged my drink (which knocked me out for a short time) and stole my UK bank debit card.and stole just over £4,000. The following year I played golf (at Black Mountain G..C. near Hua Hin) who had spent many years in Rio and he told me this crime had also occurred to him and was quite a common crime there? Most credit cards have a daily limit or a maximum credit limit so your losses maybe “negligible” (e.g. £4,000) BUT with your card being attached to a Savings Account your losses could be “considerable”?

9 minutes ago, Lipboy said:

Be very, very careful whilst you are in Rio (and anywhere else I guess?). About 10 years ago I spent my last day in Rio (following a 6 week long trip around Antarctica, Chile, Argentina and Brazil) and met a “young” lady who drugged my drink (which knocked me out for a short time) and stole my UK bank debit card.and stole just over £4,000. The following year I played golf (at Black Mountain G..C. near Hua Hin) who had spent many years in Rio and he told me this crime had also occurred to him and was quite a common crime there? Most credit cards have a daily limit or a maximum credit limit so your losses maybe “negligible” (e.g. £4,000) BUT with your card being attached to a Savings Account your losses could be “considerable”?

Thanks. I am a veteran of Brazil, having been there many times, so, yeah, I will be careful.

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Congrats for dragging it out so long - kudos to you!!

On a serious note, they have a Bangkok Bank ATM on the ISS, and I believe totally Omicron free.  If it's a safe haven you're looking for, there's an option for you.

Economy class seats will be freakin' expensive but!  :coffee1:

Last year, I traveled the world for 4 months with 2 Thai ladies waiting for Thailand to open. Dubai was nice.

True story: a company I founded in my house is building a space station for NASA. Yeah, that was a surprise to me, too.

Edited by Danderman123

11 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Check with your bank about your specific card/s. There are international transaction free cards, but most cards; debit or credit as a rule of thumb charge for international use every time you use them.

I don't plan to use it a lot, just as a backup.