Petrol Leaf Blower

kokesaat

We had a Korean made leaf blower for 3 years,it was more at the repair shop then actually working.

Nearly one year ago we bought a Makita backpack 4 stroke blower,amazing what a fantastic machine!Silent,has more power then you really need and uses very little fuel compared to a 2 stroke.

EB300TH is the model we have but they also have bigger models.

To give some perspective,in the old days it would take all day to sweep the yard.

With the Terrible Korean orange machine(handheld)it would take 3 hours,again once

we got it running that is.

New Makita?We can do the whole yard in about one hour and it being a back pack is a very nice option,does not make you tired at all.

Bought it online in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I bought some garden equipment online from this Thai company (PSPMart.com) and when I was surfing their website products I noticed an attachment that can turn a weed wacker/strimmer into a leaf blower, so I looked into these attachments a little further and it seems like the KT Blower 01 is worth looking into if you already own a decent petrol weed trimmer. Available on Lazada.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, jvs said:

We had a Korean made leaf blower for 3 years,it was more at the repair shop then actually working.

Nearly one year ago we bought a Makita backpack 4 stroke blower,amazing what a fantastic machine!Silent,has more power then you really need and uses very little fuel compared to a 2 stroke.

EB300TH is the model we have but they also have bigger models.

To give some perspective,in the old days it would take all day to sweep the yard.

With the Terrible Korean orange machine(handheld)it would take 3 hours,again once

we got it running that is.

New Makita?We can do the whole yard in about one hour and it being a back pack is a very nice option,does not make you tired at all.

Bought it online in Bangkok.

It Sounds as you have a huge yard!

I've got an electric blower.

It takes about an hour to tidy up our property.  More dust than leaves.  But that includes swapping out batteries 3 times.

A blower like your Makita sounds like a blast!

I'd clean up our whole village!

Can you send a link where you got it online?

21 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

It Sounds as you have a huge yard!

I've got an electric blower.

It takes about an hour to tidy up our property.  More dust than leaves.  But that includes swapping out batteries 3 times.

A blower like your Makita sounds like a blast!

I'd clean up our whole village!

Can you send a link where you got it online?

I send you a pm with the info.

Yes we have a pretty big yard,driveway is 80 meters long and we have another 4 rai of garden.

bike.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Some people regard them as a  cursed noisy pointless device. I agree and  started a petition  against them in my London Borough  years ago.

One of my universities was in a reasonably forested area, I would arrive there at about 7am, in the autumn they had a crew of about 6 all with backpack petrol leaf blowers clearing the walkways. Dry leaves are a slipping risk, wet leaves are like ice. 
Noisy? Absolutely, I couldn’t hear myself think. Pointless? Absolutely not, it made walking on the paved sloped walkways safe.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

One of my universities was in a reasonably forested area, I would arrive there at about 7am, in the autumn they had a crew of about 6 all with backpack petrol leaf blowers clearing the walkways. Dry leaves are a slipping risk, wet leaves are like ice. 
Noisy? Absolutely, I couldn’t hear myself think. Pointless? Absolutely not, it made walking on the paved sloped walkways safe.

Unfortunately the intelligentsia do not agree, and they do not care how hard other people have to work, how much it costs other people, or how their policies negatively impact others.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A stiff brush suffices. Or one can walk carefully

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A stiff brush suffices. Or one can walk carefully

55555 the area is over 80 hectares with over 1,000 full time undergraduate students and at least an other 1,000 visiting regularly with their on bus terminal. So all in all the numbers of staff needed would be rather disproportionately large.5BAD8BE8-F8A7-4507-A2EB-F6F58BC81124.jpeg.41aebe057f537cb8aee65b459f581210.jpegAC4E2B26-CEEC-4276-98CB-CDD073755338.thumb.jpeg.7fa0d93bcd01cb4c827ec4b7e11a6772.jpeg 

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The negative  impact is caused by a noisy,  polluting machine which  does not actually  control or collect  leaves but just blows them around. These machines are the curse of working class communities  and do no favours to the operative. If the landed gentry can't afford to maintain  their land in a respectful manner then they should own less rather  than industrialise and pollute their  environment. They would benefit  from intelligence, sensitivity  and respect  for those around them. Leaves make valuable soil enriching compost and should be collected and composted according  not just blown around by millionaire land owners. Please respect  your environment  and your workers.

well said

• Haha 1

In my long ago Military days, we had a visiting Harrier hover taxi around the taxiways and runway to blow snow away, while it was still snowing.  I put leaf blowers in the same category as that Harrier, an unnecessary expense and activity that is ultimately self defeating. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The negative  impact is caused by a noisy,  polluting machine which  does not actually  control or collect  leaves but just blows them around. These machines are the curse of working class communities  and do no favours to the operative. If the landed gentry can't afford to maintain  their land in a respectful manner then they should own less rather  than industrialise and pollute their  environment. They would benefit  from intelligence, sensitivity  and respect  for those around them. Leaves make valuable soil enriching compost and should be collected and composted according  not just blown around by millionaire land owners. Please respect  your environment  and your workers.

You really don’t seem to understand how they can be used, do you? They are a far more effective way of collecting leaves for composing than any other. & why would you assume that “millionaire land owners” would waste a valuable resource? 

19 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

In my long ago Military days, we had a visiting Harrier hover taxi around the taxiways and runway to blow snow away, while it was still snowing.  I put leaf blowers in the same category as that Harrier, an unnecessary expense and activity that is ultimately self defeating. 

In my London Borough bloated tax based budgets led to their use. We used to have classic suburban autumn's with the gentle sound of brushes sweeping leaves as a background  then the suddenly  the air was rent with growling  roaring engines stinking of petrol with a poor guy with goggles  ear muffs, PPE and a tank of gasoline  on his back blowing stuff around. A dreadful  waste of resources and an unnecessary assault on the  senses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

55555 the area is over 80 hectares with over 1,000 full time undergraduate students and at least an other 1,000 visiting regularly with their on bus terminal. So all in all the numbers of staff needed would be rather disproportionately large.5BAD8BE8-F8A7-4507-A2EB-F6F58BC81124.jpeg.41aebe057f537cb8aee65b459f581210.jpegAC4E2B26-CEEC-4276-98CB-CDD073755338.thumb.jpeg.7fa0d93bcd01cb4c827ec4b7e11a6772.jpeg 

A thousand students  armed with stuff brushes sounds  like an effective  solution  to me. I understand  the need for some labour saving devices  and know them to be essential. I do not categorise 'leaf blowers' as essential.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A thousand students  armed with stuff brushes sounds  like an effective  solution  to me. I understand  the need for some labour saving devices  and know them to be essential. I do not categorise 'leaf blowers' as essential.

I can see that your education was rather different, as it seems that servitude was part of it ????

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

See what I mean? 

And it needs to be the engineering students, as the liberal arts students are too busy getting petitions signed by/for the intelligentsia...

Ah those pesky people with the wrong  kind of education! So difficult  to get them goosestepping in unison and accepting the diktats of their lumpen proletarian masters. lol..

39 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I can see that your education was rather different, as it seems that servitude was part of it ????

Dont kid yourself

You can see nothing and understand less. about  me and people like me just because we regard leaf blowers as crass.  Our educated objection to noisy wasteful pollutiing devices is actually quite in line with current thought. Pollution  and noise is no friend of anybody. Its a universal fact not education based. Those  leaf  blowers are a menace to peace and quiet, are horrible  to use, awful to listen to and just blow material  around. They are a classic modern,  idiot invention. 

Edited by The Hammer2021