second PCR test required or not?

I gotta agree, I am sort of confused. I got my thaipass on December 20th (within a heartbeat, just about 1 minute after I clicked the send button.) Got in on January 5th on a TR visa, did my 1 night quarantine and that was it. No problems, no questions ask. But I heard that regulations have changed and I would need a second test after 6 days or so. Me inquiring  if I have to do a second PCR test to immigration and hotel.... no one really seems to have any idea.  Had the whole 9yds on answers: All the was  from "you should, you could, you may, you can etc.  I have no problem whatsoever doing a second test but also don't really want to drift 2500Thb drown the drain considering that i have to do ATK tests here almost by the day.

Do I need a second PCR or not?? Anyone here can help out with info???

Tnx in advance

Edited by amerioca

As Lopburi3 said, it is required.

However it may be a bit difficult to arrange without the pink slip which your T&G hotel should have given you.

Installing Mor Chana is far from easy and the app does not work well.

You need to do a second PCR test. I came in on 24th December and did a second PCR test on 29th. They should have told you to take a photo of a QR code at the airport. That has a list of Government approved facilities where you can get a free second PCR test. I phoned the closest one to me which was 230km away. Gave them the pink slip and they copied my passport. I don't know if they entered the results in to a Government database or not but they sent me the results by email the same night so I have proof I did it. When I came in it was all still a bit up in the air and confused, it hasn't improved much.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Supposedly having to install this app was never mentioned to me by anybody, neither at the airport, or on either my first test at the hotel or second test 5 days later (which was a week ago).

Is it even mentioned when you apply online as I don't remember?

Went to a public hospital today, and spent 135 minutes waiting for a test that took 4 minutes in Los Angeles. 

If you are going to create a program, why not devote enough budget to it, to ensure it goes smoothly and efficiently? I saw tourists there and the look on their face said it all. It was as if they were thinking this will be my last trip to Thailand. Forever. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It may have been, but the &^%* thing doesn't work.

Which fact is well known, which is why no one mentions it at the airport or the hotel.

The hotel were rather insistent that I put the MorChana app on my phone. I couldn't get it to work on either phone. The receptionist played around with the phone for a while and eventually got it to work so they could scan the Thailand Pass in to the app.

11 hours ago, tgeezer said:

If you weren’t told to do a test why would you do one? 

Need to read the pink slip you are given at entry.

Its in english.

You have to sign it.

Why sign if you do not read it?

Edited by jojothai
Add detail

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As Lopburi3 said, it is required.

However it may be a bit difficult to arrange without the pink slip which your T&G hotel should have given you.

The pink slip is given at the airport.

3 hours ago, amerioca said:

Tnx for the info folks. Just got it sorted. Contacted the hotel and they send me the pink slip with one of their messengers. Did the 2nd PCR today. All good though. Tnx  again.

Sounds like the hotel took the pink slip from you, and they should not have done so.

They should have told you what to do. 

The pink slip gives a qr code but you can also find online.

You must have the original pink slip to get the test done free.

You can find all the approved places online when you look up the QR code or the link you can find online.

The mor chana app is a waste of time, as most people have stated.

I finally talked to my son today and asked him about the pink slip and the MorChana App. He said he never read the information on the pink slip - why he didn't I don't understand. He's 21 and usually responsible about these things. I asked him if the MorChana App notified him to upload the PCR test results. He said it did, but he couldn't figure out how to actually upload the results. For one thing, for whatever reason, I don't think they provided an email address to the hospital when they had the tests. Only my wife received a link to access the results electronically via a LINE message. He confirmed that he received a weblink from the MorChana App and he took a screen snapshot of the weblink, but he also said that all of my family members uninstalled the MorChana App because he claimed it was draining their batteries. He also explained that after he received the negative results from the 1st PCR test on arrival, his MorChana App showed his status as green instead of orange indicating he went from medium risk to low risk.

15 minutes ago, generealty said:

I flew in early December and was not given a 'Pink slip' or asked to do a PCR test later, so is this something brought in later or has the airport/hotel failed to give me ?

It did not start until late December.

• Like 1

Hi, I came same day as you, Jan 5.

Yesterday I went to Banglamung Hospital in Pattaya.  (Day6)

Open between 08-11am for 2nd PCRtest.

It didn't take a long time..at 09..it took 30 min at max. 

If you not took 2nd PCRtest yet, must do today Wed Jan 12.  You need the pink copy, and the other slip you got when you got out from the quarantine, + passport.

And a Line account, (if not have, they help u)

Edited by Stefan J

I arrived on 25th December and was given a pink slip at Suvarnabhumi when they checked my documents. The pink slip is to give to the  hospital that does the second PCR test so you don't have to pay for it. I did my first PCR test on arrival at the Suvarnabhumi Novotel. I paid extra for an "express" service and got the negative test result after one hour and then checked out and drove home. I downloaded the Mor Chana app on arrival and scanned the Thailand Pass QR code. It showed my details in amber as "medium risk". Six days later I went to Hua Hin hospital for the second PCR test and got a printed copy of the negative  result the next day. Then I forgot about it.

When I looked at my Mor Chana app last night at the notifications I had three messages dated 9th, 10th & 11th Jan saying to upload the second test result on the link they provided. I did so and 10 minutes later the app showed my details in green and "very low risk" So the system does seem to work or perhaps I was lucky.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:36 AM, donx said:

I finally talked to my son today and asked him about the pink slip and the MorChana App. He said he never read the information on the pink slip - why he didn't I don't understand. He's 21 and usually responsible about these things. I asked him if the MorChana App notified him to upload the PCR test results. He said it did, but he couldn't figure out how to actually upload the results. For one thing, for whatever reason, I don't think they provided an email address to the hospital when they had the tests. Only my wife received a link to access the results electronically via a LINE message. He confirmed that he received a weblink from the MorChana App and he took a screen snapshot of the weblink, but he also said that all of my family members uninstalled the MorChana App because he claimed it was draining their batteries. He also explained that after he received the negative results from the 1st PCR test on arrival, his MorChana App showed his status as green instead of orange indicating he went from medium risk to low risk.

I also could not upload mine day 5 test result to Mor Chana. Instead I emailed it to my T&G hotel and they did it for me.

And I, too, uninstalled MorChana - all it ever did wad give "system error" messages and it does in deed drain battery.

But I feel much relieved after hotel conformed they had entered it into the system for me.

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I arrived on 25th December and was given a pink slip at Suvarnabhumi when they checked my documents. The pink slip is to give to the  hospital that does the second PCR test so you don't have to pay for it. I did my first PCR test on arrival at the Suvarnabhumi Novotel. I paid extra for an "express" service and got the negative test result after one hour and then checked out and drove home. I downloaded the Mor Chana app on arrival and scanned the Thailand Pass QR code. It showed my details in amber as "medium risk". Six days later I went to Hua Hin hospital for the second PCR test and got a printed copy of the negative  result the next day. Then I forgot about it.

When I looked at my Mor Chana app last night at the notifications I had three messages dated 9th, 10th & 11th Jan saying to upload the second test result on the link they provided. I did so and 10 minutes later the app showed my details in green and "very low risk" So the system does seem to work or perhaps I was lucky.

You were lucky.

But had it not worked for you, Novotel Suvarnabhumi would have done it for you, they did for me.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I also could not upload mine day 5 test result to Mor Chana. Instead I emailed it to my T&G hotel and they did it for me.

And I, too, uninstalled MorChana - all it ever did wad give "system error" messages and it does in deed drain battery.

But I feel much relieved after hotel conformed they had entered it into the system for me.

I'll suggest that my family do the same. I just booked them at the same hotel they used for the Test & Go for the 3 nights prior to their departure from Thailand. They can ask the hotel to do it when they check in.