dual nationality & forms

Hi,

Not sure if I should ask this here or elsewhere in the forum;

My wife and child are dual nationality; my understanding has being that you give the UK Passport at the UK airports/immigration, Thai passport at the Thai airports/immigration, simple enough.

Now with all the Covid proceduures; which passport do we use for everything?

We've got to the PCR before leaving, check in, psas tests then sandbox forms.

I assume it's all one passport and would be the Thai one used on all the forms as if something doesnt match, they don't travel as its 2 separate travel docs? (they are staying 3 months so can't use the UK one for Thai entry).

Returning would all be on the UK passport (apart from Thai immigration) I guess as well.

Thanks

bubbles

I would take and show both passports.

I left Oct 20 with my son who is dual citizen Canadian/Thai

I used his Thai passport as ID in the hospital in Udon Thani to get his PCR test.

At the airport, on checkin, when showing tickets to Canada they wanted to see either a valid visa to Canada in his Thai passport or his Canadian passport. I showed the Canadian passport, but this didn't match the passport used for his PCR. 

Now the check in agent doesn't know what to do.

I get the dreaded, "wait here" as she goes to find a supervisor.

She shows the supervisor the documents, and she doesn't know what to do, and they both disappear to find a higher up.

I'm standing there thinking Oh #%$@

After about 5 minutes the agent comes back and says OK you can go, but she isn't happy.

It's a small bureaucratic detail that I didn't think of that came close to derailing everything

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

Travel to and arrival in the UK - all documentation refers to the UK Passports. 

Obviously stamp out of Thailand on the Thai passports.

Travel to and arrival in Thailand - all documentation refers to the Thai Passports. 

Thus: When travelling to the UK - You fill out the ‘Passenger Locator forms’ using UK passport details.

You book the Day 2 PCR test using the UK passport details. 

When returning to Thailand - Book the PSAS PCR tests using Thai passport details. 

-------

Its not a big deal as you can prove identity of Wife and Child with both passports - doing as above avoids minor confusion, thats all. 

• Like 2

thanks both,

The amount of paperwork and different people involved brought me back to when we added my daughter to the family book in the local amphoe office, that was a village event that with the village headman needing a sign off at some point if I remember.

That process was very strict and not getting everything in line there was a pain that I'm trying desprately to avoid, my new pain is the PSAS needs my 4yr's old ID card number, which she techincally hasnt been given yet, so I'm told by Thai friends to get her birth certificate out, dunno if thats gonna work.

Joys of travel ???? 

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife and child will use their UK passports to depart the UK.

The will register for the Thailand Pass using their Thai passports and everything they do when arriving in Thailand and after that as well.

Now thats confused me. 

Doesn't the 72h PCR test in the UK, online check in & all other forms have to use the same passport? aka the Thai one.

5 minutes ago, bubbles said:

Doesn't the 72h PCR test in the UK, online check in & all other forms have to use the same passport? aka the Thai one.

They would use their Thai passport to get that done. They re not required to leave the UK and they would show their Thai  passports to the airline to prove they do not a need a visa to enter Thailand.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bubbles said:

my new pain is the PSAS needs my 4yr's old ID card number, which she techincally hasnt been given yet, so I'm told by Thai friends to get her birth certificate out, dunno if thats gonna work.

Joys of travel ???? 

Just leave it blank or put your Wife’s ID card number in there - its just a ‘box ticker’ for the PSAS computer.