Holidays in wife’s house, reporting

My wife who is Thai live in the UK and just have annual holidays to Thailand.

She has just bought a house in her home village which is what we have wanted for many years.  The plan is to stay in the house for our 3 week holiday each year. Family will be living there also.

what is the law regarding me staying there? Does my wife have to report the fact I am there or not?

When I fill in the information card when arriving I will be using this home address, would that be enough?

Appreciate any advice please

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

If you want to stay only for 3 weeks not more, all you need is a non-o single entry visa from the thai embassy (as you probably know need few extra things because of covid). That will give you a month of time to stay in thailand (28 days)

Rubbish, he can get a visa exempt for 30 days on arrival. No such thing as a single non-o for 28 days. No need to report anything.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Under 30 days enter visa exempt.

Do nothing else.

On arrival card put wife's address but not important. 

i arrived on visa exempt and got the extension--when i returned this time to LOS my landlord asked for my PP to go to IM for TM30 ticket/paper..never had to this in the past (covid)?  

Curious as a japan friend is going to CNX im tomorrow to do her visa ex extension--does she need a TM30? and why do I now?

37 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i arrived on visa exempt and got the extension--when i returned this time to LOS my landlord asked for my PP to go to IM for TM30 ticket/paper..never had to this in the past (covid)?  

Curious as a japan friend is going to CNX im tomorrow to do her visa ex extension--does she need a TM30? and why do I now?

TM30 is up to the hotel or landlord to report for you, a passport copy would be enough in that case too. Many do not do this and it is not a big deal (1400 baht worst case). I personally switch between a house, apartment and hotels multiple times a month, would been a mess if I needed to report all the time, also never had any questions about this during extensions.

Visa exempt and extensions is fine, just keep the white departure card to present when leaving. When immigration wants to really find you they usually do so by your phone numer and tracking its location.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

About 1,5 year ago i stayed in sukumvit 93..the name of the buliding was "building 93"

The lady in imm in the airport actually googled that adress before she was satisfied.

My exgf had rented the apartment in her name the day before i arrived,I checked in there but the next day the manager came knocking my door with a police from immigration.The officer asked for my passport and he went away with it.After 15 minutes he came back and said everyhing ok.The manager thougth i migth be on a overstay so she contacted the immigration.

3 hours ago, Stanaris said:

Does my wife have to report the fact I am there or not?

Every Thai house owner,home stay or hotel need report to Police/IO if farang stay in they place . But who care to do that! If want it can do online! Can get 2000 bth fine if not do that, if i remember right hotel can get 10000 bth fine. 

Edited by 2 is 1

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

For an extension the immigration office may require a TM30.

Personally I would obtain a TM30 if attending immigration for extension. 

Ok if staying in a hotel you can ask the hotel to provide screenshot of their filing TM30. 

• Thanks 1