Virologist Warns That Children Can Trigger COVID-19 Clusters

webfact

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

OK, then:

Anthony Fauci said, Omicron will

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/11/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Everybody includes kids.

Fauci, not known as an anti-vaxxer, seems not to have great believe in the protection of the vaccines against infection, does he?

The debate wasn't about infections. The claim was as below. Your link is irrelevant to the claim being debated. "OK then" presumably refers to my post which you replied to and was removed.

As they don't get serious symptoms, they don't need the vaccinations.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The debate wasn't about infections. The claim was as below. Your link is irrelevant to the claim being debated. "OK then" presumably refers to my post which you replied to and was removed.

My post was a reply to your steadily repeated "Vaccination reduces infection and transmission".

How much it reduces it? Fauci just gave the answer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

My post was a reply to your steadily repeated "Vaccination reduces infection and transmission".

How much it reduces it? Fauci just gave the answer.

The article and your question are not relevant to either the topic or my reply to a different poster. Nor does it prove or is even relevant to the out of context quote you have attributed to me. You should stop insisting that vaccines do not reduce infection or transmission, in particular in relation to delta which is the context in which I stated that.

Here is what Fauci did say

"Some, maybe a lot of them, will get infected but will very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well in the sense of not having hospitalization and death. In contrast, those who are not vaccinated are "going to get the brunt of the severe aspect of this," he added."

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The article and your question are not relevant to either the topic or my reply to a different poster.

It is relevant.

If everyone will catch the virus (Fauci), it will infect all kids (topic) and your claim "vaxx protect fom infection and transmisson" (your reply) as totally irrelevant.

Btw: Did you at least already understand the defination of "breakthrough infection". Guess not ????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Btw: Did you at least already understand the defination of "breakthrough infection". Guess not ????

Yes, and I posted a Harvard Medical School article which stated that breakthrough infections for DELTA are in the order of 1:5000.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Nonsense. 

Do you have an actual basis on which to claim that schools won't open again? It would seem highly unreasonable to claim that schools in any country won't reopen once virus infections recede or the danger has been mitigated by high rates of vaccination.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, and I posted a Harvard Medical School article which stated that breakthrough infections for DELTA are in the order of 1:5000.

So you did not understand the definition. No wonder.

Again for you:

An infection after vaccination is  only defined as breakthrough, if there are symptoms.

Infections without symptoms are NO breakthrougs.

Why don't you try to get at least a little basic medical knowledge before you spread your misinformation?

Edited by JustAnotherHun

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you have an actual basis on which to claim that schools won't open again? It would seem highly unreasonable to claim that schools in any country won't reopen once virus infections recede or the danger has been mitigated by high rates of vaccination.

I HOPE they will be reopened and not closed again.

"Nonsense" was related to that what I underlined in my quote. You're really a hopeless case ????

Edited by JustAnotherHun

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So you did not understand the definition. No wonder.

Again for you:

An infection after vaccination is  only as breakthrough, if there are symptoms.

Infections without symptoms are NO breakthrougs.

Why don't you try to get at least a little basic medical knowledge before you spread your misinformation?

No, an infection is a positive test regardless of the presence of symptoms. To suggest that an asymptomatic person who has tested positive is not infected is ludicrous in the extreme.

The word "breakthrough" refers to the ability of the virus to bypass the immune response mounted following a vaccination.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

No, an infection is a positive test regardless of the presence of symptoms. To suggest that an asymptomatic person who has tested positive is not infected is ludicrous in the extreme.

Your reading comprehension really must be close to zero.

I did not say, an asymptomatic case is not an infection, EInstein. Sure it is.

The point was BREAKTHROUGH INFECTION.

Got it? Guess not.

Just now, JustAnotherHun said:

Your reading comprehension really must be close to zero.

I did not say, an asymptomatic case is not an infection, EInstein. Sure it is.

The point was BREAKTHROUGH INFECTION.

Got it? Guess not.

Any infection despite vaccination is a breakthrough infection.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Any infection despite vaccination is a breakthrough infection.

LoL.

You have no idea what you babbling about. The definition of what is  a breakthrough infection is very clear.

Try to educate yourself instead of spreading misinformation. You are a threat to the vaccinated people, telling them they would have a chance to be infected by 1/5000.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

LoL.

You have no idea what you babbling about. The definition of what is  a breakthrough infection is very clear.

Try to educate yourself instead of spreading misinformation. You are a threat to the vaccinated people, telling them they would have a chance to be infected by 1/5000.

An infection of a fully vaccinated person is referred to as a “vaccine breakthrough infection.”

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It is relevant.

If everyone will catch the virus (Fauci), it will infect all kids (topic) and your claim "vaxx protect fom infection and transmisson" (your reply) as totally irrelevant.

In the population in the South African study, the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness against infection dropped down to about 30% for the omicron variant, compared with about 80% against the variant before omicron, the scientists reported.

That means the Pfizer vaccine reduces a person's risk of getting infected by about 30% compared to somebody who's not immunized.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/14/1063947940/vaccine-protection-vs-omicron-infection-may-drop-to-30-but-does-cut-severe-disea

Strong evidence has accumulated over the past two weeks to indicate that booster doses of COVID-19 vaccines are likely to increase protection against infection with the Omicron variant.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi-statement-on-the-omicron-variant-and-the-timing-of-covid-19-booster-vaccination

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, ozimoron said:

An infection of a fully vaccinated person is referred to as a “vaccine breakthrough infection.”

It could be helpful if you would read what you've linked and tried to understand. But, ok, exeryone as he can...

A vaccination breakthrough occurs when a PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection with symptoms is detected in a fully vaccinated person.

by Robert-Koch-Institut (RKI)

Links in German language are not allowed, so who's interested just googles "rki impfdurchbruch definition"

You claimed, only 1 out of 5000 can be infected after full vaccination. How can?

We know, the protection against asymptomatic infection sharply declines within a few moths after full vaccination (in case of AstraZeneca to ZERO after 120 days). That was pre omicron, by the way.

So if a breakthrough infection would be counted if asymptomatic, it would be absolutely impossible that the probability could be 1/5000.

As we see, your math skills are as limited as your reading comprehension. That would be only your own problem or maybe your formaly teacher's, if you  did not spread misinformation by your ignorance.

Telling vaccinated people their risk of getting infected is 1/5000 gives them a false sense of security.

So you're a threat to their health.

But anyway. Whenever I correct your false information in one threat, you come up with the same BS in two others. That's a fight against the Hydra.

Common knowledge even before omicron was, that the now available vaccines prevent from asymptomatic infections just a limited period of time.

So if you like, believe in vaxxing kids with a close to zero probability to get more than light symptoms would protect you, someone else or even the whole society. You can't fix stupid.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It could be helpful if you would read what you've linked and tried to understand. But, ok, exeryone as he can...

by Robert-Koch-Institut (RKI)

Links in German language are not allowed, so who's interested just googles "rki impfdurchbruch definition"

You claimed, only 1 out of 5000 can be infected after full vaccination. How can?

We know, the protection against asymptomatic infection sharply declines within a few moths after full vaccination (in case of AstraZeneca to ZERO after 120 days). That was pre omicron, by the way.

So if a breakthrough infection would be counted if asymptomatic, it would be absolutely impossible that the probability could be 1/5000.

As we see, your math skills are as limited as your reading comprehension. That would be only your own problem or maybe your formaly teacher's, if you  did not spread misinformation by your ignorance.

Telling vaccinated people their risk of getting infected is 1/5000 gives them a false sense of security.

So you're a threat to their health.

But anyway. Whenever I correct your false information in one threat, you come up with the same BS in two others. That's a fight against the Hydra.

Common knowledge even before omicron was, that the now available vaccines prevent from asymptomatic infections just a limited period of time.

So if you like, believe in vaxxing kids with a close to zero probability to get more than light symptoms would protect you, someone else or even the whole society. You can't fix stupid.

I quoted from CDC. Are they stupid?

warning: I will report all future ad hominems from you.