COVID-19 leading many Thais into stress, depression, burnout or suicidal thoughts

snoop1130

God / Buddha bless my wife.  She has gone rogue with sterilizing / sanitizing and cleaning everything like a level

4 Bio Lab.  She was always a very clean person and that includes the house, but now it’s all she seems focused on. I just wish she would relax. ????

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As one that is actually living in NZ, I disagree that it was "OK". Far from IMO. I'm not alone in that either, by far.

However, I doubt they publish the opinions of those that disagree with our "leader".

I suspect that we will be living with the detrimental societal effects of government policies for far too long in the future.

Oz and NZ showed themselves to be two of the most timid, cowardly and fearful nations on earth. Not exactly something to be proud of, when you nation shuts down for 20 cases or so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oz and NZ showed themselves to be two of the most timid, cowardly and fearful nations on earth. Not exactly something to be proud of, when you nation shuts down for 20 cases or so. 

Disagree,

OZ and NZ showed themselves to still be prisons with a firm control over their inmates.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Until recently, the governments of these island nations had a different approach: the zero Covid policy.   

WA seems to believe that they can avoid covid altogether. The narcissistic Premier who is hugely popular there, for isolating the state from the rest of the world, has turned into a wannabe dictator of sorts. Of course when the population eventually catches up with the rest of the world, and covid explodes there, it won't be his fault. 

Mind you, my mob in QLD aren't much better, run by another narcissist. 

It has been a lot easier for me living in Udon, than it's been for my daughter in Brisbane. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikesil said:

It's not the "result of the two-year long COVID-19 pandemic".  It's the result of a govt whose first responsibility is to itself.

Perhaps you can divulge which government in the world is selfless?

• Confused 1

Guest Isaanlife

This issue is NOT unique to Thailand.

People are suffering all over the world.

Even if Thailand was fully opened, you really think 10,000,000 tourists are going to show up?

Sorry, folks have their own financial issues and their own Covid rules to deal with in their own countries.

Thailand has spent 2 years wishing for tourists to return and promoting their false numbers.

In those 2 years, NO financial welfare to help the millions of unemployed.

In those 2 years, NOT coming up with any other financial means (No Plan) to replace the lost tourist income with something sustainable.

The rich are prospering at the expense of the entire country.

Sad, but that is just the way it always is.

The government officials line their pockets at the expense of the rest of the country starving.

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Didn't see it that way. They were prepared to make strong and bold moves to keep their country clean. Even some had the will to keep the World's most successful tennis player out!

Number of cases, and the method used to keep those cases down, is rather chicken and egg... it would appear their approach was highly successful.