Location of MFA for legalisation of documents

Hello All

I have looked through the forum and web but I am confused about exactly which building I need to head for to legalise 3 documents. I understand the process it is purely which building I need to go to as the information I have read is conflicting. Some people say Building A, some people say building B but everyone says it is the building in Soi 7 but everyone shows the same photo of the building (see below), however having gone on Google street view, the building which looks like this is the one marked "Department of consular affairs" which is NOT in Soi 7 (see top of map). Please could someone let me know if it is this building or if not which one on the map below it is. I would like to know which building rather than "tell a taxi to go to..." as I want to know in my own head which building I need to head to. Many thanks in anticipation of responses 

mfa building.png

imm bkk 001.png

11 hours ago, lolalol said:

The big one is the Passport Office for Thai Citizens.

The small one next to the Amazon Cafe and Dunkin Donuts is the Document Legalization Office.

It can be done at either office. The main office also does legalizations and etc as well.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
11 hours ago, lolalol said:

The big one is the Passport Office for Thai Citizens.

The small one next to the Amazon Cafe and Dunkin Donuts is the Document Legalization Office.

It can be done at either office. The main office also does legalizations and etc as well.

Oh. I didn't know that.  When I went to the Passport Office they told me to go to the other office.

You can do it here by Thai Post. Just download the form on the link, mail it in with the completed form and you will have all your documents back within the week. I've done it before and works great. 

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/บริการรับรองเอกสารทางไปรษณีย์?fbclid=IwAR1cYNqMyW-KvIoAGyi3Q1GHW8_YQYLcSBw-FURgXEcaGqH5GVZtuhPNyIc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I have just returned from my roundtrip and thought I would provide some update as some of the old threads are now out of date - the below includes:

1) New location of the Translation shop (map attached)

2) Current prices

3) Turnaround time

The MFA building is the one I pictured above at the start of this thread, however the translation shop has moved to another building. If you enter the MFA building you will still be approached by people offering to translate, but if you want to use the shop please see the map below (the information desk will tell you to go to Building A, however it is actually Building A complex - the building signposted Building A is the Dept of Special Investigations). So just follow the green arrows on my attached map - it's about 200m from the MFA Building. Once inside go straight ahead through a foyer then turn left and you will see it in the middle of a concourse.

The prices have also changed

Translate UK Passport : 400

Translate UK Driving Licence : 400

Translate UK Marriage Certificate (must have apostle and be stamped by Thai Embassy in London) : 700

Fee for MFA to stamp each document : 400

Service Fee if you want the shop to take the translation to the MFA building and deal with that side of it : 500

Processing time - Not sure if this is because of covid, but there is no same day turnaround - They operate a booking system now so if you plan on doing it yourself make the booking before you get the translations done as bookings can be as far as 2 weeks later - if you get the translation shop to deal with it they will make the booking for you and will post your documents to you when done (they didn't charge me for postage) - they will give you an indication of how long it will be - in my case I should receive my documents back no later than 03rd February

Hope this update helps

Kind regards

Tim

mfa map1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...