Pattaya police report a total of seven “restaurant” managers/owners arrested last night, police say nightly raids will continue focused around 9PM closing time

webfact

4741161-1024x768.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Police arrested a total of seven “restaurant” managers last night (January 11th) across Pattaya for breaking Covid-19 rules and violating the current 9 PM closing time, according to statements given to TPN media.

The current 9PM closing time is a nationwide direction from the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration for “BLUE” zones that are allowed to sell alcohol at “restaurants”. The focus is primarily on venues that are former bars or entertainment venues and have been given permission to convert to “restaurants”. Restaurants not serving alcohol may close at their normal time, although must stop serving completely at 9PM.

TPN media notes that we have had reports of some proper restaurant owners claiming that they were told to close at 9 PM as well and notes that according to Pattaya Police they are focused on venues that “look” like bars, pubs, clubs, or entertainment venues, with socializing and drinking the focus over eating. Unfortunately, this means that mileage may vary based on individual law enforcement officers.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/12/pattaya-police-report-a-total-of-seven-restaurant-managers-owners-arrested-last-night-police-say-nightly-raids-will-continue-focused-around-9pm-closing-time/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-13

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Nationwide..... But in Phetchaburi there was las night an outdoor party ( according to the bass boom boom) till after 23.00 and that is no problem?? Restaurants have to close, but other parties where they drink alcohol, sing, is no problem.... 

54 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Nationwide..... But in Phetchaburi there was las night an outdoor party ( according to the bass boom boom) till after 23.00 and that is no problem?? Restaurants have to close, but other parties where they drink alcohol, sing, is no problem.... 

Not sure what the status is wrt private parties now. Hard to keep up with it. 

Phetchaburi is not likely to be a BLUE zone outside of Cha-Am..

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure what the status is wrt private parties now. Hard to keep up with it. 

Phetchaburi is not likely to be a BLUE zone outside of Cha-Am..

It was not in Cha Am.... but it is not the first time time already 3or 4 times since Christmas

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is such an unbelievable bit of nonsense. Why not spend their time fighting real crime? Because that is simply not something they do! They are simply local franchisees who represent a morally bankrupt administration, posing as puritans, and by hitting the nightlife, they are cracking down on a financial pillar of contemporary Thai society. How does a reasonable person even respond to this? Best to not respond at all. Fake purity in the worst possible form. Not convincing on any level. This is merely about fake Quakers attempting to deceive the masses.

Having said all that, I would prefer the cops here, over the ones back home in the US, unless there is a real need for one. Then, it is roll of the dice. At least the cops here stay out of my face, and when they do hassle me, I push back alot. I mouth off to them, I raise my voice, and I make a real stink, if they are engaging in "petty mordida". Usually they back down, and if not I give them 200 baht. Rarely more than that. Impossible to do in the US. And if you need law enforcement, outstanding forensics, or a good detective, you can get it back there. Not here. Not likely.  

DUI? How about pulling people over for reckless driving? The police here are not law enforcement. They are revenue collection agents. Plain and simple. I treat them as such, and offer them very little regard or respect. 

never going to change.. arresting real criminals is a dangerous business  . wouldn't want to get hurt in the line of duty now would we ..just hit the small guy for the envelopes..more profitable..eh

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

It was not in Cha Am.... but it is not the first time time already 3or 4 times since Christmas

Very few places in Thailand were one cannot hear the deep bass thump thump thump of a party at quite unsocial times.... heard one at 8am today at my place......

And they will utterly and completely continue to refuse to fight crime, insure public safety and do what they are supposed to be doing. Instead, it is always about picking on the little guy, who is just trying to earn a living, free from the repressive hand of vermin. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And they will utterly and completely continue to refuse to fight crime, insure public safety and do what they are supposed to be doing. Instead, it is always about picking on the little guy, who is just trying to earn a living, free from the repressive hand of vermin. 

They are the real "Thai Mafia."  

• Haha 1