Test and Go unlikely to return until mid-year at the earliest, pre-registered Test and Go still valid

webfact

10 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

I think you are missing my point. If I booked, let's say 4 T&G trips and received QR codes for all trips before December 22nd I am less dangerous of infecting others than if I booked T&G 2 weeks before my flight? 3 PCR tests in 8 - 9 days seems adequate to show I'm not infecting others.

I've already had covid twice and I'm still alive. It's time for the world to learn to live with this!

One state in Australia has managed to keep even omicron out due to strict border controls and restricting movement for the unvaccinated. The other states are a mess where they decided we needed to live with this and now their economies are collapsing. Nobody wants to go shopping or visit high risk venues.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

One state in Australia has managed to keep even omicron out due to strict border controls and restricting movement for the unvaccinated. The other states are a mess where they decided we needed to live with this and now their economies are collapsing. Nobody wants to go shopping or visit high risk venues.

That's cool. Stay locked away forever. Lockdown = financial suicide. No lockdown = prosperous.

12 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

That's cool. Stay locked away forever. Lockdown = financial suicide. No lockdown = prosperous.

Tell that to NSW. Their retail is dead. That furphy has been bandied about for months now. People didn't care when case numbers were low and the anti vaxxers have been peddlng the false non sequiter like you have. Now that cases are out of control and there are no lock downs the economy has never been in a worse state. Shopping centres are empty. Retail is going broke. Nobody wants to go eat in a restaurant full of covid positive customers.

"Caution about being in public places is being compounded by staff shortages to stifle spending across dining, retail and travel."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-07/economic-crisis-covid-19-social-distancing-lockdown-anz-data/100744990

Edited by ozimoron

40 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Think your confusing omicron with delta.

England kept hospitality and retail open over Christmas and the New Year and it has proven to be the correct decision.

The UK's overly gloomy scientific modelling proved totally incorrect.

The devolved executives of Scotland, Wales and NI have been made fools of.

The UK is a highly vaccinated and boosted population with all at high risk groups boosted.

The boss of the UK wide Four Seasons nursing homes has said restrictions need to end. They have had omicron flare ups but then it subsides.

1 of their residents has passed away from the virus.

The UK, US and Europe will call covid an endemic disease by the start of Q2 2022.

Countries need to focus on vaccination and not scaremongering and terror tactics.

I think your missing a bit of reality balance.

Not good for your mental health and a very different experience for those of us living in the UK.

Time for you to clock out of the fear factory.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

Just now, Cherrytreeview said:

Think your confusing omicron with delta.

England kept hospitality and retail open over Christmas and the New Year and it has proven to be the correct decision.

The UK's overly gloomy scientific modelling proved totally incorrect.

The devolved executives of Scotland, Wales and NI have been made fools of.

The UK is a highly vaccinated and boosted population with all at high risk groups boosted.

The boss of the UK wide Four Seasons nursing homes has said restrictions need to end. They have had omicron flare ups but then it subsides.

1 of their residents has passed away from the virus.

The UK, US and Europe will call covid an endemic disease by the start of Q2 2022.

Countries need to focus on vaccination and not scaremongering and terror tactics.

I think your missing a bit of reality balance.

Not good for your mental health and a very different experience for those of us living on the UK.

Time for you to clock out of the fear factory.

I didn't. Australia is mainly afflicted with omicron.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I didn't. Australia is mainly afflicted with omicron.

And?

Did you read what i wrote or are you determined to be fearful of a variant that manefests itself as a bad cold in the vast majority of vaccinated and boosted people.

It's old news in the UK and people are sensibly getting on with their lives.

Case rates are falling rapidly.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/uk-could-be-first-country-to-emerge-from-pandemic-expert-says.html?__source=androidappshare

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

20 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

And?

Did you read what i wrote or are you determined to be fearful of a variant that manefests itself as a bad cold in the vast majority of vaccinated and boosted people.

It's old news in the UK and people are sensibly getting on with their lives.

Case rates are falling rapidly.

My example was Australia where case rates are rising rapidly. And hospitals are filling up. One state in the US, I think OR, has called in the national guard to help in the hospitals. That's hardly getting on with their lives. The majority of their cases are omicron as well.

I did read what you wrote. Little children who can't be vaccinated are filling up the hospitals.

This is what getting on with their lives looks like in the UK when you get away from the propaganda.

https://www.longcovidkids.org/post/child-covid-19-cases-long-covid-hospital-admissions-deaths-9st-january-2022

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/hospitals

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(21)00491-4/fulltext

“Our hospitals are under extreme pressure,” Brown said in a tweet on Wednesday. “Fueled by the omicron variant, current hospitalizations are over 700 and daily Covid-19 case counts are alarmingly high.”

https://www.rawstory.com/oregon-hospitalizations/

Edited by ozimoron

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My example was Australia where case rates are rising rapidly. And hospitals are filling up. One state in the US, I think OR, has called in the national guard to help in the hospitals. That's hardly getting on with their lives. The majority of their cases are omicron as well.

I did read what you wrote. Little children who can't be vaccinated are filling up the hospitals.

This is what getting on with their lives looks like in the UK when you get away from the propaganda.

https://www.longcovidkids.org/post/child-covid-19-cases-long-covid-hospital-admissions-deaths-9st-january-2022

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/hospitals

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(21)00491-4/fulltext

“Our hospitals are under extreme pressure,” Brown said in a tweet on Wednesday. “Fueled by the omicron variant, current hospitalizations are over 700 and daily Covid-19 case counts are alarmingly high.”

https://www.rawstory.com/oregon-hospitalizations/

I can't help you if you want to live in fear.

You can look for all the doom you want but the reality is that omicron is an upper respiratory virus and people are 50 - 70% less likely to need hospital care.

As i said the UK, US and Europe will move on with their lives.

Feel free to live in fear.

I won't be and neither will anyone i know.

South Africa told the rest of the world they were overreacting and that proved to be the case.

Time for you to pop your head out of your bunker and smell the roses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59862568

Maybe if you read this it will calm your fear.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

4 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You can look for all the doom you want but the reality is that omicron is an upper respiratory virus and people are 50 - 70% less likely to need hospital care.

South Africa told the rest of the world they were overreacting and that proved to be the case.

I'm not living in fear. I'm just showing why countries aren't buying the wing nut meme that they should just let it rip.

Omicrom creates hospitalizations because it spread so fast if elderly or imunocomprised you should be vax and boosted other wise get it or lock ur self away.

Everbody will catch this the quicker the better accept it for what the "sicence is saying it god damn mild" when all caught and recovered it will be endemic.

Thailand's idiotic xenophoblic quarrantine approach while it borders are uncontrolled make tourism impossible its a fishbole

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

One state in Australia has managed to keep even omicron out due to strict border controls and restricting movement for the unvaccinated

Please don't tell me you think Western Australia will remain that way.

Not long ago QLD had zero cases or single figures. Now thousands per day.

Keep up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please don't tell me you think Western Australia will remain that way.

Not long ago QLD had zero cases or single figures. Now thousands per day.

Keep up. 

QLD changed its strict border policy and opened up. Now it has a problem. My mate who lives on the Sunshine Coast says that everybody and his dog has covid.

https://www.afr.com/politics/queensland-braces-for-thousands-of-covid-19-cases-after-border-surge-20211221-p59j9y

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/covid-wave-imminent-as-border-opens-for-first-time-in-150-days/news-story/2215079de4b8a9206a21acdaf39b3d8b

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Bit of a clue for you there "everybody and their dog has covid."

They think the unofficial infection level in the UK was 500,000 per day and the health care system didn't fall over.

Most people don't even know they have it.

Northern Ireland now wanting to ease restrictions as soon as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59977434

• Like 2

Just now, Cherrytreeview said:

Bit of a clue for you there "everybody and their dog has covid."

They think the unofficial infection level in the UK was 500,000 per day and the health care system didn't fall over.

Most people don't even know they have it.

Northern Ireland now wanting to ease restrictions as soon as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59977434

difference is our hospital system is falling over. Thailand's might too. That might well be why they are so worried. I constantly see idiots bashing the Thai authorities as idiots. It says more about themselves than anything else.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/qld-coronavirus-covid19-strain-on-health-sector-staff-omicron/100750292

Well with UK and USA both looking to "Live with covid" the world would be crazy to not follow sooner or later.

Mid year would be a disaster for Thailand if people can not enter easily, and they won't get their 15 million tourists.

The covid numbers for the spread of Omicron don't seem correct ???? either they are not testing or the people are hiding to avoid 14 days in a field hospital. But if Thailand over February and March don't allow it to run its course then Songkran will be another disaster.

Not many people travel there July to September due to rain season, I can't see them writing 3/4 of the year off. 

Edited by UKPaul67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

difference is our hospital system is falling over. Thailand's might too. That might well be why they are so worried. I constantly see idiots bashing the Thai authorities as idiots. It says more about themselves than anything else.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/qld-coronavirus-covid19-strain-on-health-sector-staff-omicron/100750292

We should stop looking at the number of the daily positives and concentrate on how many are hospitalized.

IF the hospitals are overrun restrictions are ok.

If they are not, i can't see any reason why we should keep restrictions.

Thailand will come to that conclusion too at some point.

Personally i think Europe will go through a totally crazy tourist season summer 2022.

So many miss their traveling, and all Thailand can do is sit back and count their loss of money,

unless they start to rethink their strategy.

I would prefer to spend my money in Thailand this summer, but not at all costs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Virt said:

We should stop looking at the number of the daily positives and concentrate on how many are hospitalized.

IF the hospitals are overrun restrictions are ok.

If they are not, i can't see any reason why we should keep restrictions.

Thailand will come to that conclusion too at some point.

Personally i think Europe will go through a totally crazy tourist season summer 2022.

So many miss their traveling, and all Thailand can do is sit back and count their loss of money,

unless they start to rethink their strategy.

I would prefer to spend my money in Thailand this summer, but not at all costs.

Totally agree.

Thailand's health care system would have been falling over by now because omicron is rife all over the country.

No testing as usual but posters on here believe all the BS that Thai media feed them.

Anyone with contacts in Pattaya knows it's been everywhere through the city.

Pattaya or Chonburi hospitals falling apart?

Of course not, the only pressure on them is asymptomatic patients who have a bad head cold having too isolate.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sandyf said:

If it wasn't brought in to the country then the mutation must have taken place in Thailand.

One has to assume you are a very experienced virologist to make the claim that 2 identical mutations can occur in different countries at the same time.

Didn't they have proof that the Omicron strain was brout in by 2 Thai which had returned ftom the Middle East... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I am not going to argue either for or against lockdowns, but they are extreme and should not be used unless absolutely necessary.   Where I am currently staying in the US, the situation is extreme.  Hospitals are either full or near capacity with Covid.  Death rates are stubbornly high.  Both of these may be due to Delta.  People tend to linger in the hospital for a very long time before dying with Delta.   

Omicron is the dominant variant and it is currently ripping its way through the state.  My recent visit to the grocery store found most of the shelves empty.  Talking to one of the employees, it's not due to shortages of goods, but so many of the staff are sick that they can't stock shelves or get the carts (there were none) out of the parking lot.   

One of the nearby schools just announced they are going to have to cancel classes.  So many teachers are sick and the existing ones can't cover all the classes.   Several restaurants in the area are closed, even for pickup or delivery because too many staff are out sick.   Over the holidays, thousands of flights were cancelled because of airline staff out sick.   This seems to be improving -- at least the evening news is not being broadcast from the airport showing hundreds of angry passengers.

I personally know a fair number of people who are now sick (almost certainly Omicron) and they range from the fully vaxxed and very careful to those who are the opposite.  Fortunately, none of them are hospitalized, so far.  Those that are vaxxed haven't even had to seek any kind of medical attention.  Those unvaxxed are faring worse, but hopefully not significantly so.   

I'd feel a little less nervous if the hospitals weren't so overloaded -- and they are very short staffed due to sickness.   It does appear that at the rate Omicron is going, it should soon be out of people to infect in my area!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Screaming said:

Tourism should be shut down in Thailand until the Covid is finally over. No need to import more Covid cases.

I have just this second read another post stating the absolute polar opposite to this. That one  seemed to suggest failed policies should be continued, purely because they have failed and it doesn't matter. But I believe the Thai population want to see some reaction.

The way omicron spreads maybe the guy has a point...... for sure we are not seeing the true levels of the infection here. (Hearsay in Pattaya suggests so many have it). Official testing numbers are too low to believe the numbers reported.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Fortunately, none of them are hospitalized, so far.  Those that are vaxxed haven't even had to seek any kind of medical attention.  Those unvaxxed are faring worse, but hopefully not significantly so. 

What are the vaccination rates in USA. 

I realize it would vary from state to state. 

Oz states are in the main into the 90,s %.

Much smaller population so would be easier in countries such as Oz.

Curious about USA. 

Do they have a lot of anti vaccination folk. I mean more than other countries? 

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Curious about USA. 

Here is a Graphic from today here in the US.  Yes quite a few Antivaxxers running around as well as unmasked.  The link below can be used to look at each State as well.

US COVID-19 Vaccine Progress Tracker | Vaccinations by State | USAFacts

image.png.9e7271268ffeab454e91c6a206d6d90a.png

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Curious about USA. 

Oh, boy.  I believe the vaccination rate among those eligible is around 60% -- but there is a lot of variability in the statistics because some are 1 shot, some 2 and some both plus boosted.  Where I live it is around 56%, although with Omicron there were news reports of a lot of people suddenly deciding to get vaccinated.   

With you guys being in the 90% range, you have a good chance of keeping things in check.  Of course, the statistics don't account for those who can't get vaccinated, like the younger kids who are susceptible to infection.   

From what I can gleen from the news, both international and national news, most countries have their committed anti-vaxxers.  I don't know that the US has many more or not.  We do have a lot of vaccine-hesitant people.  They are people that really aren't anti-vax, but they aren't sure the vaccines are safe.   These are the people that have slowly been getting vaccinated.   

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Here is a Graph from today here in the US.  Yes quite a few Antivaxxers running around as well as unmasked.

Hospital admissions in the USA are extra ordinately high..... the reasons cited being quite a few antivaxers, some residual Delta. but the majority due to comorbidities. The USA has a high aged population, many of whom live with ailments, poor diets and obesity. A mild omicron infection on top gets them into the hospitals. Dr John Campbell was saying this, and using USA sources. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1